Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak

Open Clubs:

See Delta Sky Club News & Updates for the latest up to date changes. Clubs Permanently Closed:
  • LAX T3 (T3 has been demolished)
  • SCL (re-branding as a LATAM Lounge)
  • SEA: S
Future Clubs: List of Future Delta Sky Clubs & Updates

Print Wikipost

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Talking

Originally Posted by dtwtransport
I was at the DCA club two Saturdays ago. Hot brekkie when I arrived (eggs, potatoes, some sort of meat hash) and then shortly thereafter the change to lunch happened (various salads, hot soups and tasty chicken tikka masala!).

I do not drink but the bar always appears clean and is not crowded. I had a Coke and water.
Thank you... I will report my F&B once I am over there in a couple of weeks...
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by puck021
I should have but didn’t. Stopped in for a a quick bite to eat before my next flight. It was good. Light sauce, lots of shrimp, pasta done right (not pasty.
I had the shrimp penne in what appeared to be a vodka sauce in late Sep. in the SLC club. Quite tasty and enough for me to hit the buffet again instead of the bar for another screwdriver lol
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Originally Posted by puck021
Just hopped into here for a bit and in addition to Barbacoa, they had this really good and spicy Buffalo Pasta Salad. I wish I had a cooler.
That does look good. And every time I've been to the MSP SkyClub, the food options were always pretty standard and nothing exciting.

I wonder, do they still have the Nathan's Hot Dog cart vendor setup at EWR? lol. That was pretty funny, I had seconds.

Originally Posted by pharmflyer
Anyone been to BOS recently? Flying out tomorrow and the girlfriend and I are deciding whether or not it’s worth a trip to either club - we’d rather have something more substantial than prepackaged
When I was at the BOS Club in June, for some reason most of the power ports weren't working and the club was packed. Food OK though.

Last edited by Saab_Redondo_1987; Nov 5, 2021 at 3:26 pm
Old Nov 6, 2021, 12:49 pm

Wicked Thai soup is really good at AUS. Highly recommend.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Wicked Thai soup is really good at AUS. Highly recommend.
Hasn't Wicked Thai Soup been a staple of SkyClub food for almost a decade now, or am I thinking of something else?
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Saab_Redondo_1987
Hasn't Wicked Thai Soup been a staple of SkyClub food for almost a decade now, or am I thinking of something else?
Haven't seen it since lounge reopened at AUS. Maybe I just missed it until today
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I feel stupid asking this because I assume I know the answer, but are the covid super spreading shower facilities at JFK T2 and T4 still closed?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Still no showers in any clubs. Its just part of businesses using Covid as an excuse to provide reduced amenities instead of hiring more staff. Hotels in particular are experts at this sort of thing.
krazykanuck and melissaru like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Packed PHX Club

Arrived in this club a little after 1:00 and it was about a 15 min wait to get in with basically every seat taken. An hour later it is mostly cleared out.

On the good news front, the food is good. Decent Penne Pasta with veggies, Mac n Cheese with Italian sausage, Cold Buffalo blue cheese salad, a decent Potato salad and really good Chicken salad.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Kansas City rumor is that Delta is negotiating with the city to sign a 10-year lease at the new MCI terminal for a brand-new 11,000 square feet SkyClub. This would be one of two lounge spaces on the top (3d) level of the remote concourse. Opening date would be early-mid 2023 depending on construction schedules.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Kansas City rumor is that Delta is negotiating with the city to sign a 10-year lease at the new MCI terminal for a brand-new 11,000 square feet SkyClub. This would be one of two lounge spaces on the top (3d) level of the remote concourse. Opening date would be early-mid 2023 depending on construction schedules.
Not just a rumor. The lease is on the Nov. 10 City Council agenda for approval. It's happening.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I feel stupid asking this because I assume I know the answer, but are the covid super spreading shower facilities at JFK T2 and T4 still closed?
Originally Posted by rylan
Still no showers in any clubs. Its just part of businesses using Covid as an excuse to provide reduced amenities instead of hiring more staff. Hotels in particular are experts at this sort of thing.
You'd think they'd open the showers by now given that gyms are able to do that fairly successfully, but it's a bummer showers are still closed.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:27 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fastflyer
I had heard rumors that space was intended for two lounges, but it looked too small to me. I just measured on Google Maps and the upper floor area is roughly 240 feet wide and 44 feet deep across most of it (more deep at each end), so Delta's 11,000 square feet would be that whole area on the upper level of the concourse. Actually seems pretty big for an airport KCI's size, more than double the size of MKE's for example and 2,000 square feet more than DCA (I just Googled to find square footage of other clubs). AA is the next biggest airline after Southwest and Delta, and I did some checking and, unlike Delta, they don't seem to have lounges in similar size airports in terms of their traffic, the exception being SNA, which I suspect may get a pass because of premium traffic. UA is a distant fourth in terms of traffic and seems unlikely to consider a lounge.

One of the losing airport concession bids had proposed putting a third-party Plaza Premium lounge as one of their concessions, it does not appear the winning bidder had included a third-party lounge in their proposal, though that could be subject to change.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Akiestar
You'd think they'd open the showers by now given that gyms are able to do that fairly successfully, but it's a bummer showers are still closed.
BAS/E apparently spent the discretionary budget on fancy sandwich boxes and sustainable cutlery. Yet the JFK Virgin Clubhouse over in the A gates has their showers open.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
An opening in MCI makes me wonder what are the biggest US cities without SkyClubs? CLT has to be up there. IAH, SAT and CMH also clme to mind.

Last edited by DLASflyer; Nov 10, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.