Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Only Passenger on flight tomorrow... what will happen?

Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
​​​​​​
No Middle seats crj900

I know, it was a joke.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
​​​​​​
No Middle seats crj900

But 2C was upgraded, and was seated in 1B but asked to be changed to 2C. I am not sure if it was because he was right next to me or what.
Makes sense. I like the A seats, especially 1A, but a C seat with B empty would be even better.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Must've had quite the short takeoff roll. Just think of all the money DL is saving on fuel now since they don't have to load anywhere near as much in the tanks...
silverthief2 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:54 pm

Got word tonight from a DL gate agent that a flight tonight from ATL to Costa Rica had zero passengers on the outbound. Sad times.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Then they're in violation of federal law or...you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Airlines are not breaking laws and endangering lives just because demand is down. smdh.
I assume they mean that there's plenty of other aircraft available. Thus no need to do scheduled checks or maintenance, instead simply sub another aircraft.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:55 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I assume they mean that there's plenty of other aircraft available. Thus no need to do scheduled checks or maintenance, instead simply sub another aircraft.
That still wouldnt make sense. If a plane plane goes MX at a station that doesnt have spares sitting around (which is just about anywhere besides hubs) theyll require MX. Additionally, all aircraft have periodic service checks that are every few days (if memory serves). There are lots of other reasons MX doesnt just shut down.

Even aircraft destined for the desert also has MX concerns to prepare for storage. Many are handled by third parties, but its still completed.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:49 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Then they're in violation of federal law or...you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Airlines are not breaking laws and endangering lives just because demand is down. smdh.
Im exaggerating, but you should also see the ATL parking lot runway. The priority changed to do everything to preserve cash so flights are being cancelled right now on a daily basis for cash preservation. The right answer is if there are only 5 people on your (mainline) flight tomorrow, there's a reasonable chance it gets cancelled. ATL-MCO had every other flight or so cancelled yesterday, so it can't be that maintenance and crew constraints kept them flying as you proposed. Plenty of other routes having the same.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:40 pm

Friend's husband flew Delta yesterday and was the only passenger. Didn't think to ask his flight details, but likely it was into or out of BOS, and in the pic I was shown the aircraft had 2x2 seating.

-Rob
silverthief2 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: DL DM
Is Delta flying any of these planes with fewer flight attendants aboard? FAA's 91.533 Flight Attendant Minimums is by passengers, not total seats, but does DL's FA contract or DL's 121 OpSpecs stipulate minimum staffing?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Is Delta flying any of these planes with fewer flight attendants aboard? FAA's 91.533 Flight Attendant Minimums is by passengers, not total seats, but does DL's FA contract or DL's 121 OpSpecs stipulate minimum staffing?
I know some other carriers tend to block seats (for example by installing a permanent center table in EuroBusiness) to make some of the seats impossible to use.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I know some other carriers tend to block seats (for example by installing a permanent center table in EuroBusiness) to make some of the seats impossible to use.
I don't think, though, that blocking seats would be legally required to reduce FAs.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've been flying during this due to work and I've found DL has been much more reliable about the flights going than AA. Last weekend I had to go to MGM. AA cancelled seven different flights I'd booked or rebooked on within 24 hours of the trip departure. I eventually gave up and swapped to DL. All DL booked flights operated. ATL-MGM went with just four people but it went.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta, United

Late to the party, but I have been thinking about this question and the appropriate answer is

When your zone is called you will be the first in line, you will also be the last in line.
During boarding, you will be the first person to board the plane, you will also be last person to board the plane.
During the beverage service, you will be the first person to be served a beverage, you will also be last person to be served a beverage.
When plane lands you will be the first person to disembark, you will also be last person disembark.

So depending on one's perspective you got great service or the worst service.
ryw likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
I've been flying during this due to work and I've found DL has been much more reliable about the flights going than AA. Last weekend I had to go to MGM. AA cancelled seven different flights I'd booked or rebooked on within 24 hours of the trip departure. I eventually gave up and swapped to DL. All DL booked flights operated. ATL-MGM went with just four people but it went.
What do you do for work?

I think I'd quit my job if I was forced to continue flying regularly under these conditions.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 1:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
What do you do for work?

I think I'd quit my job if I was forced to continue flying regularly under these conditions.
I'm an immigration lawyer. Now more than ever I need to get people out of detention centers. I took an oath when I became a lawyer and I knew when I went into this particular field that I was dealing with the most vulnerable of people. I'm not quitting now.

Incidentally the client I flew to Georgia to represent I got out on bond so it was worth the trip.
gretchendz likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.