Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which DL Hub is Taking the Worst Hit From COVID-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which DL Hub is Taking the Worst Hit From COVID-19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
yes, that's the idea. if everyone gets it as quickly as possible, the healthcare system collapses and a LOT more people die. Like, orders of magnitude more.
So keep those at risk isolated and let the rest of us carry on with our daily lives. Things are going to start getting very interesting here in a week or two if people are still being told to stay at home.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think I've posted the link before, but if you go to airportviewer.com, you can pick among most big USA airports and watch takeoffs/landings/ground movement in real time identified by flight number. There's more activity at MSP this morning than I would have expected. I even see a small line right now of aircraft waiting to takeoff.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 21, 2020 at 8:09 am
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
So keep those at risk isolated and let the rest of us carry on with our daily lives.
yes, this was Boris's original plan for the UK. He changed strategies after figuring out what an absolute disaster this would be.

The problem with this thinking is that 1) you can't really isolate those at risk 2) you can't really identify individuals at risk. Even though younger people are still less likely to have really bad cases, there are still enough in the aggregate that would have those sever cases to overwhelm the system.
ab2013 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
yes, this was Boris's original plan for the UK. He changed strategies after figuring out what an absolute disaster this would be.

The problem with this thinking is that 1) you can't really isolate those at risk 2) you can't really identify individuals at risk. Even though younger people are still less likely to have really bad cases, there are still enough in the aggregate that would have those sever cases to overwhelm the system.
But you can isolate everyone? Makes no sense.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Pretty deep cuts loaded this morning (at least for SEA) - probably more to come.

Originally Posted by cmd320
But you can isolate everyone? Makes no sense.
55% of positive tests in NY are in the so-called low risk 18-49 age group, and there are relatively young people getting hospitalized on ventilators. The "If I get corona, I get corona" attitude is what caused the situation to get out of control in Italy.

Last edited by ab2013; Mar 21, 2020 at 11:25 am
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ab2013
Pretty deep cuts loaded this morning (at least for SEA) - probably more to come.

55% of positive tests in NY are in the so-called low risk 18-49 age group, and there are relatively young people getting hospitalized on ventilators. The "If I get corona, I get corona" attitude is what caused the situation to get out of control in Italy.
Positive test does not equal severe symptoms or even any symptoms at all. The relatively young people on ventilators almost certainly had some kind of preexisting condition (smokers, vapers, asthma, etc.).
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This thread has veered far off course of the discussion of which hubs are impacted by COVID-19 and is now closed.

Ryandc99 Moderator Delta Air Lines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.