Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by Asquared1
I have an August domestic DL ticket that I need to Cxl. I bought seat upgrades on two legs (one paid, one miles). All purchases were made before February 2020. I am fine with taking eCredits for this ticket/seat upgrades, but cancelling on line does not allow me to get credits/miles back for the seat upgrades. Do I have any hope of getting seat upgrades credited back? Am I better off calling in or messaging on twitter? I did send a twitter message over a day ago, no response yet, but I'm not sure how backed up they are.
Just bumping up my questions.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: DL-DM, MM
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
That is good to know but it still sucks, and is an example of how woefully inadequate some of their systems are. This should not be this difficult - there's electronic records of everything. Similarly, it amazes me sometimes how long seemingly simple things take for a phone agent to complete - seems like very inefficient use of resources. I put in for refunds of 4 D1 tickets last week, all paid with a cash/ecredit combo. Sounds like i'll be lucky to see these refunds by the end of July .
I agree that it still sucks! Looking at my AmEx app every morning to see if my Delta credit has posted is getting really old.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
......all paid with a cash/ecredit combo. Sounds like i'll be lucky to see these refunds by the end of July .
The DL combo payment purgatory. Their IT system was only designed for surprise and delight with pretty colors. Functionality has been lacking for years. The chickens have come home to roost.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Change fee waiver extended to 6/30:

https://news.delta.com/more-peace-mi...hrough-june-30
mattp1987 and DLASflyer like this.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Bulkhead Aisle
I agree that it still sucks! Looking at my AmEx app every morning to see if my Delta credit has posted is getting really old.
I got a refund for one ticket. Both DL and AMEX sent me emails about the credit.
Old May 28, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Are there any resources to check whether a flight in the past had actually been cancelled? This is regarding the e-credit vs. refund issue. TIA
Old May 28, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Are there any resources to check whether a flight in the past had actually been cancelled? This is regarding the e-credit vs. refund issue. TIA
Flightaware or another flight tracker should have a record of the flight if it actually happened? If a longer time ago, you may need to pay to get access to the information you want. I believe most only go back a week to 10 days for free.
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:14 pm

Now just fingers crossed that submitting a cancellation refund request online works and I don't have to go through the hellish wait on Delta's phone lines. Been ignored on their usually responsive Twitter DMs the past few days on this issue too
Old May 28, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
This morning I called in to request refunds on a couple of tickets. The agent processed the request, and confirmed the correct credit card numbers and dollar amounts for me. The flights no longer appear under “My Flights.”

However, I’m a little bothered that several hours later I still haven’t received an email confirmation of the refunds. In the past I’ve always received confirmation emails immediately, usually before hanging up with the agent. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Old May 28, 2020, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Bulkhead Aisle
She did, however, tell me something that is good to know if it is indeed true. If you use more than one form of payment, as I did by using an e-cert and paying the balance with my Amex reserve card, the refund has to be processed manually and will take time. If you use only one form of payment, all SkyMiles or all charged to a card, the refund can be immediate or will at least be much quicker. I'm curious if anyone who has been waiting a long time used only one form of payment.
My tickets were on paid for with a single credit card - not multiple forms of payment. The only additional thing I had was that I had used my GUCs to upgrade the flights and needed those GUCs to be reopened and put back in my account. That part was done within a few hours but I am still waiting on my refund ... since 4/3 so Day 38 now.
Old May 28, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by pareto
Trying to work out the best plan to ensure I don't lose out. Booked a couple of domestic tickets to connect to an Avianca flight in Nov. Those trips were cancelled because of the unrest. Was given a change fee waiver to rebook within 1 yr. Given a flight this year seems unlikely for us, is there a way to convert this into an ecredit for 2021?
Realized I could have been clearer. These tickets were purchased in Nov 2019 for a Nov 2019 flight. Don't expect to travel in 2020 as the wife is immunocompromised.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by acrophobia
This morning I called in to request refunds on a couple of tickets. The agent processed the request, and confirmed the correct credit card numbers and dollar amounts for me. The flights no longer appear under “My Flights.”

However, I’m a little bothered that several hours later I still haven’t received an email confirmation of the refunds. In the past I’ve always received confirmation emails immediately, usually before hanging up with the agent. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
I have received email confirmations within minutes on all of the refund requests that were manually processed. Are you sure the correct email is in your profile or the one the tickets were purchased with? Additionally, if you look into “My Wallet” under “Receipts” you should see a record of the refund. Note it might say “Refund Receipt” or it might say “Service Fees.” Regardless I’ve seen it both ways. It should be for the cost of one ticket (each passenger will have one in their own accounts) and be dated the date you cancelled. If this appears, that’s a good indicator the refund was processed correctly. Additionally, the fact the agent mentioned the specific card and refund amount that’s also a good indicator of the request.

If none of these appear, and nothing posts back to your card in a few days, I would suggest a follow up call.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I have received email confirmations within minutes on all of the refund requests that were manually processed. Are you sure the correct email is in your profile or the one the tickets were purchased with? Additionally, if you look into “My Wallet” under “Receipts” you should see a record of the refund. Note it might say “Refund Receipt” or it might say “Service Fees.” Regardless I’ve seen it both ways. It should be for the cost of one ticket (each passenger will have one in their own accounts) and be dated the date you cancelled. If this appears, that’s a good indicator the refund was processed correctly. Additionally, the fact the agent mentioned the specific card and refund amount that’s also a good indicator of the request.

If none of these appear, and nothing posts back to your card in a few days, I would suggest a follow up call.
Thanks. My email address is correct and there is nothing in My Wallet. I think I’ll just call again tomorrow.
Old May 29, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by acrophobia
Thanks. My email address is correct and there is nothing in My Wallet. I think I’ll just call again tomorrow.
Hmmm, if nothing is showing up in your Wallet then agreed a call is probably best. Let us know how it turns out.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In case anyone hasn't noticed... DL extended the waiver of change fees for any new tickets booked through June 30th.

https://www.delta.com/global/en/travel-update-center/cancel-change-requirements

Tickets originally purchased between March 1 and June 30, 2020, can be changed without a change fee* for up to a year from the date you purchased it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.