Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Does the fee waiver apply to award tickets booked this month?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by holocker
Does the fee waiver apply to award tickets booked this month?
Yes!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ty/5002855002/
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
Folks, I have an April round-trip flight that I booked in February. I can now postpone or cancel it thanks to Delta's new policy for April travel.

My question is, is it more beneficial to cancel and book a new flight as opposed to rescheduling the existing one?

I ask that because if I rebook the existing ticket, the change fee is waived one time.

But if I cancel the ticket and then this month yet use the credit toward a later booking, is that considered a new ticket that I can later cancel without penalty (due to the waiver in place for tickets issued in March)? Or is that considered an old ticket because of the original purchase date in February?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Has anyone tried changing/canceling an award ticket booked before March? Is the policy to simply refund the miles, or do you have to immediately rebook to a later date on the same flight routing?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by zeer0
Has anyone tried changing/canceling an award ticket booked before March? Is the policy to simply refund the miles, or do you have to immediately rebook to a later date on the same flight routing?
I have an award travel booked in November last year that I changed a few days ago, no questions asked. To clarify the trip is currently in progress and I extended the trip. The phone agent I believe had a supervisor do it while I was on hold.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:58 am

What if I have used a companion certificate? Will the certificate be able to be used for future travel (as long as it is still within its original expiration date)?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Auston
What if I have used a companion certificate? Will the certificate be able to be used for future travel (as long as it is still within its original expiration date)?
That is a trickier question. My guess is you may need to rebook travel immediately, not wait to book at a later date.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 6:09 am

We got a credit for future travel for the original price of the ticket and then the amount we spent on upgraded our seats to Delta One went back on our credit card.

Last edited by xiphoid76; Mar 10, 2020 at 6:10 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Waiver for no change fees was extended through April now for previously booked flights, and rebooking window extended to end of the year.

No Change Fees for Customers Scheduled to Travel March 1 – April 30, 2020

• Affected Customers: All Tickets Issued on or before March 9, 2020
  • Impacted Travel Date(s): March 1, 2020 – April 30, 2020
  • New Ticket Must Be Re-issued On/Before: Dec 31, 2020
  • Rebooked Travel Must Begin No Later Than: Dec 31, 2020
djk7 and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I tried searching and couldn't seem to find if this was asked.

How does these recent changes in waivers affect AMEX Companion ticket?

I have one to use, looking at some options during the summer.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:10 am
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Just to confirm, the latest update from Delta is if you cancel your flight and then want to reuse the funds, you can book the flight no later than December 31, and there would be no change fee to pay when you use the eCredit?

(Last week, it showed that you could rebook to a new flight without a change fee, but if you cancelled your flight, you'd need to pay the applicable change fee when booking a new flight using the eCredit, and you needed to book the new flight to depart within the 1-year period from original ticket purchase)
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
There are multiple waivers up on the DL site.
This one I posted above is for previously booked travel occurring in March or April. You can rebook the flight with no change fee at a later date with departure occurring no later then Dec 31st. However, if you change origin/destination then you may have to pay a fare difference.
WindowSeatFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
FYI, points are back in my account today after a flight cancellation on Saturday. I received an e-mail indicating taxes/fees are also being refunded to my credit card
Old Mar 10, 2020, 10:04 am

Anyone tried to cancel an award flight that booked before 3/9 with travel before 4/30? I tried but they said this is only a change waiver and I would have to pay $150 to have miles re-deposited to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.