Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Good grief, DL!!!
I was on hold for 1.5 hours before a human answered the refund line. She came back to me later and put me on hold again.
Now at the 1 hr 50 minute mark, I lose her and am back waiting for an "agent". Is this like the DM line and I am totally off the refund line now?

Why did she not take my phone number to save this harassment, he said after the third day of holding for hours with no human response.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Xeno
Late last night DL said my GVA ticket was cancelled then early this morning they said a refund is on its way. I did the initial cancellation online on 5/14/20 and I had bought the D1 ticket online and only used one cc.
The irony is that I wanted an e-credit, but out of frustration I filed a dispute with AMEX.
In the meantime, the $7K SYD ticket that has $4.1K of my own money tied up, is still nowhere near a resolution.
Ouch. That's pretty bad.

Hope that it gets resolved for you soon.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by dcadwell
Ouch. That's pretty bad.

Hope that it gets resolved for you soon.
Today was my third day to call the refund line. At the 1.5 hour mark, a human talked to me then went away, then came back briefly. At the 1 hr 50minute mark, I heard the phone ring and got a message like it was the DM line.
At the 2.5 hour mark. I hung up. Maybe 30 minutes later my phone ran. The DL global ticket agent and I were both surprised as to why my phone ran.
In any event, she called corporate refund people and now I have turned in my THIRD request for the 4/10 SYD $7K refund. I was also advised to do a few other things and if they work, I will share. In the meantime, they are back to promising to 'expedite' meaning a resolution in 7-10 business days.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta PM
Today was my third day to call the refund line. At the 1.5 hour mark, a human talked to me then went away, then came back briefly. At the 1 hr 50minute mark, I heard the phone ring and got a message like it was the DM line.
At the 2.5 hour mark. I hung up. Maybe 30 minutes later my phone ran. The DL global ticket agent and I were both surprised as to why my phone ran.
In any event, she called corporate refund people and now I have turned in my THIRD request for the 4/10 SYD $7K refund. I was also advised to do a few other things and if they work, I will share. In the meantime, they are back to promising to 'expedite' meaning a resolution in 7-10 business days.
Sheesh. I feel lucky that I got my BOM trip from 4/17 refunded relatively quickly.

Insane you've been dealing with it for that long.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
My May 3 refund request no longer brings up any information using the refund status check website noted in the thread's wiki. Previously, it showed up my request for a refund to be 'Pending.'

I do see an e-voucher in my Delta account for the same value as the ticket I was expecting to be refunded (due to a cancellation). Is this something others have also experienced before getting a refund posted to their credit card, or has my refund been mistakenly processed as a e-voucher?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
If it's any consolation .... my call-backs from the DM line are currently taking about 30-45 minutes.
However, I'm still checking on refunds for 5 international trips total. One from mid-March has been processed and refunded (it was my one lucky day !) - the rest has been re-issued for processing on "expedite" multiple times.

My worst headache tho is an itinerary that was booked with Citi ThankYou points and was cancelled by Delta.
Delta confirmed multiple times that a refund has been issued.
I must have called Citi Travel at least a dozen times - with hold times of 2+ hrs and then ending mostly in a disconnection.
WHEN I get through with a lot of persistence, I'm being told to wait for the refund through at least 3 billing cycles because they cannot see/detect if a refund was issued.
Being advised "call Delta to issue a refund for the flights".
Very, very frustrating !
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
apologies if this has been asked and covered already - I can't read through 100 pages of posts.

DL has waived all fees for changes and cancellations for certain periods of time. I had a trip planned for may for a race. the race was pushed back to October. I moved the ticket to the new dates using the no-change-fee policy. given that several major races in October and November are now being cancelled, I'm trying to figure out my options. is the no-change-fee policy a one-and-done or will it apply to the revised trip as well?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Travelomania
If it's any consolation .... my call-backs from the DM line are currently taking about 30-45 minutes.
However, I'm still checking on refunds for 5 international trips total. One from mid-March has been processed and refunded (it was my one lucky day !) - the rest has been re-issued for processing on "expedite" multiple times.
You call the DM line, not the DL refund phone number? How many TRRs were issued before you were promised an expedited process?
Were there differences between the one that went through and those still in the abyss like two cc or SM or like vendors such as in your post?
Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:35 pm

Do you guys expect that the change fee waiver June 30th date will get pushed back?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Jsketch05
Do you guys expect that the change fee waiver June 30th date will get pushed back?
i have a feeling it will....international flights are still non existent & domestic is significantly curtailed....it wouldn't surprise me to see it pushed all the way to september, one month at a time....
Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:21 am

Hi guys, I would like to ask you what rules pay for flight change for flights departing before Sept 30 on booking made after March 1. The Delta website says I should be able to select a new destination. I have my flight from Europe to Honolulu via LAX and YVR. Would I be able to change my destination from HNL to PPT? Is that a free change, as the website says? The destination is in the same region so I was thinking about the possibilities.
Thanks for your minds!
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Cestamitulakapohvezdach
Hi guys, I would like to ask you what rules pay for flight change for flights departing before Sept 30 on booking made after March 1. The Delta website says I should be able to select a new destination. I have my flight from Europe to Honolulu via LAX and YVR. Would I be able to change my destination from HNL to PPT? Is that a free change, as the website says? The destination is in the same region so I was thinking about the possibilities.
Thanks for your minds!
You appear to be misunderstanding.
What is waived is the change fee. You would still have to pay any difference in fare.
(Delta does not consider Hawaii and French Polynesia to be "the same region", but that is irrelevant.)
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
You call the DM line, not the DL refund phone number?
Yes
How many TRRs were issued before you were promised an expedited process?
For every original TRR, probably got three times an expedited re-issue and then a variety of different processing dates.
Were there differences between the one that went through and those still in the abyss like two cc or SM or like vendors such as in your post?
Yes, the only itinerary processed in about 4 weeks was purchased by credit card.
The other remaining refunds - besides the one booking with TY points - were all made with a combination of Delta gift cards and credit cards.
However, they all involve various Skyteam airlines besides DL - i.e. VS, KL and AF.
One DL-cancelled itinerary from late March had the inbound ONLY section refunded back to original credit card. - still fighting to get the refund for the outbound section after 3 re-issue requests.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:17 pm

Since I have been posting a great deal of late, I need to report that after yesterday's encounter with a 'global ticketing agent' - who initiated a third and expedited request - that I got a formal response from DL today. It is much like I expected so I am asking for clarification on two points.
I do not think it made any difference, but I also sent a 'complaint' through DL online and posted on social media.

Last edited by Xeno; Jun 25, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: AC Altitude 25k, SkyMiles Platinum Medallion, Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards
Refund requested March 29th for a March 30th that Delta had cancelled (DTW=>HND nonstop). I also requested refunds for my friends' flights that I had booked for them. There were two tickets for March 31st and one for April 1st. Tickets were all booked with miles, all but the April 1st one had changes made to the itinerary. Delta agreed to refund the $150 change fees that I had paid on the three tickets that I had already made changes to in February. The miles were redeposited immediately and taxes & fees for the April 1st flight were refunded that day. I also got a refund of the taxes & fees on one of the March 31st tickets one week later.

To date, I have had no updates at all about the status of any of the refunds. I have had occasional email communication with the agent who handled my request for refund of the change fees. I received an email from her today only asking what time she can give me a call. The prior update that I received from her stated that she had reached out to the refunds department, but they weren't responding to her.

This all is extremely frustrating for me, considering that today is the 69th business day since the refunds were requested. I was originally supposed to have my refunds within 2-3 weeks. American and even Air Canada had no problem getting my refunds back to me within 2 weeks or less, with no additional follow-up needed. I'm a silver medallion member with Delta if that counts for anything.

Any advice for me?

Last edited by nevermind1534; Jun 26, 2020 at 11:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.