Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Expiration of Delta E-Credits, a possibly arcane consideration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold

Consider the genesis of an electronic credit in one's Delta account: an itinerary is cancelled for good reason, but subject to a change fee, it can be used up to one year from the original booking date. But now we're in possible uncharted territory; cancellations, waivers, rebookings, etc as a consequence of COVID-19. So we have e-certs whose one-year expiration date falls in the next few months, but booking travel is uncertain. Could, would or should Delta extend the eligibility period of the e-cert? Something like a waiver of a waiver?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:45 pm

Call DL corporate and they will give you a voucher for 2-3 weeks past the expiry. I have done this several times. 1-800-455-2720.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by BH62
Consider the genesis of an electronic credit in one's Delta account: an itinerary is cancelled for good reason, but subject to a change fee, it can be used up to one year from the original booking date. But now we're in possible uncharted territory; cancellations, waivers, rebookings, etc as a consequence of COVID-19. So we have e-certs whose one-year expiration date falls in the next few months, but booking travel is uncertain. Could, would or should Delta extend the eligibility period of the e-cert? Something like a waiver of a waiver?
Yes, this is in our documentation and can be handled by reservations. It's case-by-case, so just reach out with your specific situation.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Call DL corporate and they will give you a voucher for 2-3 weeks past the expiry. I have done this several times. 1-800-455-2720.
How much will 2-3 weeks help if someone has a ticket expiring in May? I think they'll stay on top of this, as they already extended tickets expiring in March and April to Dec 31.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Would also be nice to be able to combine ecredits when things get back to normal. Presently can only use one per ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.