Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta international travel question -no virus content

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Booked separate reward flights from LAS to FRA in October and had some questions regarding connecting flight and luggage.

Booking went like this:
LAS-DTW for myself using Delta Skymiles arrives 1638
LAS-DTW for girlfriend via Chase UR portal arrives 1638
DTW-FRA Delta One for both of us with Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles departs 1748

I chose this itinerary because it is the same flight profile that was used if booked as a single reservation through Delta. We both have TSA Precheck AND Global Entry. Will we have to retrieve luggage and re-check it? How is luggage handled in a situation like this?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
for outbound intl travel the counter agent at LAS should be able to check your bags thru to LHR; you will not have to do anything at DTW except proceed to your connecting flight
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
for outbound intl travel the counter agent at LAS should be able to check your bags thru to LHR; you will not have to do anything at DTW except proceed to your connecting flight
Awesome, thanks for the information!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.