Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Missing Skymiles after reward booking canceled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Due to the situation we decided to cancel our award trip flying LAX-FCO. Called in on 3/3 to cancel the trip which was supposed to happen on 3/11. The agent said that it could take up to 7 days for the miles to go back to the account. It has now been 10 days since we canceled the tickets and have only received the miles for one the passengers. We are still missing 25K miles, and have tried to contact DL the last few days, but can't get through.

While I understand many others might have more urgent needs, I don't want to take care of this weeks later risking losing the 25K miles.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed? Is it OK to wait a few weeks when everything calms down to contact DL, or better to take care of it as soon as possible?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Unless you need them wait as long as reservation shows cancelled. As long as that's the case you'll get them back.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Unless you need them wait as long as reservation shows cancelled. As long as that's the case you'll get them back.
The booking doesn't show up anymore in my profile or using the PNR. Never received any email when I canceled the booking. So don't have anything proving the booking has been canceled, but I guess they can always pull it up with the eticket number?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Was it booked in basic economy?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

No, regular economy on Alitalia metal. The agent waived the redeposit fee. 2 pax on the same itinerary costing 50K miles and $11.20 in taxes. So far only 25K miles has been redeposited but the taxes for both pax. Somehow 25K miles has disappeared.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: Sky team, hhonors, Marriott
Best option at the moment is to email customer service, and include ALL specifics; they may take a while (up to a month) to respond, but it tends to be quite reliable, plus you'll have electronic trail.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Another option is to tweet. It may take 24 hours for a response but they will get to you.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL DM
I had a similar situation recently after cancelling a reservation online. Called in. The phone agent asked for the ticket numbers and confirmed there was a system glitch. She fixed it within a few minutes.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by MonAmQB
I had a similar situation recently after cancelling a reservation online. Called in. The phone agent asked for the ticket numbers and confirmed there was a system glitch. She fixed it within a few minutes.
I also had this happen recently. I cancelled with an agent, and the agent didn't know what they were doing. Did the HUCA, and the second agent was able to get my SkyPesos refunded correctly to my account within 5 minutes.

Neither agent was of the quality level that I'd expect for the Platinum line.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yup. Same problem here. And you can’t get SM to answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.