Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Email asking you to avoid calling if not urgent.

Old Mar 12, 20, 7:53 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

Just got the following email. I assume they are slammed and need all the help they can get with the next few days and Europe situation.

Dear Ryandc99,

Taking care of our customers is at the center of everything we do. Even as we navigate times of change, our priority you remains the same. As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, our teams are focused on first addressing the needs of customers whose travel is within the next 72 hours, as well as those who have been impacted by the U.S. government-issued travel restrictions between the U.S. and Europe.

To allow us to focus on assisting those customers, we are asking those who do not have travel in the next 72 hours to wait and contact us closer to your trip. Due to the incredibly high volume of traffic on delta.com customers are experiencing issues, and we recognize that this is frustrating. We will provide updates here as they become available.

We appreciate your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented situation.
Old Mar 12, 20, 8:21 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
I got it too. I like it. It makes sense right now given the external issues they're facing. I have a question regarding a status challenge I started, but I'm not calling in because it's not urgent and can wait. I'd hope everyone else would be cognizant of this and do the same.
Old Mar 12, 20, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Got it also, twice. Can't imagine the amount of stress on Delta and it's agents right now. Wishing them the best of luck...
Old Mar 12, 20, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Yes, I'm glad they sent that. People with urgent travel issues should get priority.

I noticed when I called Amex travel a couple of days ago there was a recorded message suggesting to call back another time if not traveling within 72 hours.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 20, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Got it twice also.
Old Mar 12, 20, 11:22 pm
nrr

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I didn't it even once.
Old Mar 12, 20, 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I called Thursday evening and first reached a general recording saying that the wait time was over six hours and that DL was having problems with the phone system and the website. Then it invited me to punch in my FF number and a person who said she was a DM agent answered shortly after the recording ended. I cancelled a simple ticket and she explained very clearly (more than necessary) about how the change fee would be waived. Total time was thirteen minutes, and the agent hung up before I was able to give her a 5.

Then I got two copies of the "please don't call us now" email about forty-five minutes apart.
Old Mar 13, 20, 12:05 am

Programs: DL PM
Same here, got two copies of the email earlier tonight. My next domestic trip isn't for just under two weeks, and while I hope to still make the trip, don't plan to attempt to call unless if I absolutely have to.
Old Mar 13, 20, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Interesting - I didn't get the email... either once or twice. But it's possible it's because I fall into the category of folks that are "supposed" to call (I have a trip to the EU in two weeks). I plan to wait until this mega-schedule-change-Saturday in hopes that they move my flight times enough to be eligible for a full refund rather than just a credit. All of my leisure travel has already been booked out for this year so a travel credit won't do me much good.
Old Mar 13, 20, 7:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
another datapoint for getting it twice.
Old Mar 13, 20, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Smart move on DL's part. Not only are there Covid rebooking issues to deal with, but there was an IT meltdown which may or may not have been connected.
Old Mar 13, 20, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Got it twice as well
Old Mar 13, 20, 8:28 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Ended up getting the email a second time as well.
Old Mar 13, 20, 8:41 am

Programs: DL
No emails, but was able to cancel our trip to Europe next week after contacting Delta 38 & 24 hours ago via Messanger. Super fast and professional once they finally got to my message.
Old Mar 13, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
Anyone else finding the connection static and broken?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: