Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I am a mere Gold. Got through after about 2+ hours.

When I initially called, I was quoted a hold time of 4.5 hours (!). I did not trust their computer system, so I decided to call back. The hold time was reduced to 2.5 hours after only about 30 minutes from the original phone call. Then I got a phone call from them in less than two hours from my second phone call.

​​​​​​They apparently canceled AUS-SEA at least on the dates I am flying in July, and the AUS-SLC alternative does not connect with my final destination. I ended up getting routed AUS-ATL-SEA!
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM (Back to GLD for now)
Cannot get through on the phone (no status any longer), no response from Twitter or iMessage and my MIL's flight (SFO-DTW) leaves tomorrow.
When we try to change it on the website, it says "cannot change online due to a schedule change"

Thinking about just going to SJC to see if THEY can do anything.

Any other suggestions?

-Plat
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by PlatAAagain
Cannot get through on the phone (no status any longer), no response from Twitter or iMessage and my MIL's flight (SFO-DTW) leaves tomorrow.
When we try to change it on the website, it says "cannot change online due to a schedule change"

Any other suggestions?

-Plat
Same problems. Today I call DL, call is disconnected because "due to heavy call volumes we cannot answer your call...call again later."

Travel is supposed to be today. I already tried to fix this three weeks ago, and two weeks ago, very similar results except I spent several hours on hold before I was cut off. I wrote in to customer care on the website on May 11th and received a "case number" in my email. I even specifically requested the exact flights I wanted them to change. But no contact of any kind from that time.

Reservation has totally disappeared.

I am thinking about complaining to DoT because DL tells me to initiate contact to change the res in these ways but DL is totally unreachable by all channels even with reasonable consumer diligence.

And I don't even want a refund I simply want to reschedule the trip...

BTW I have FO status and used the FO number but same zero results as before.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Thanks for the response! I did give them confirmation number, date, and the new flights I wanted. Guess I will call later this afternoon and get on the wait list for a call back.

Sent the message at 2:00 pm on Tuesday so getting close to two days.
Amigo I gave them alternate flights I want especifically on May 11th via web form...nothing. The sector was cancelled in late April but ever since then DL has the cautionary "if you are not traveling within 72 hours"..etc. I call multiple times, get cut off after hours on hold. Now the res has vanished from the website, cannot be retrieved, a message informs me I must call customer service, BUUUT I cannot get through at all etc. Even when I use web form specifically and point out the lack of capacity and response to contacts proposed by DL themselves! This flight is supposed to leave today....
Old Jun 1, 2020, 5:48 pm

I don’t really know what’s going on at Virginia Ave. I finally got through today to make a change to an existing reservation. The agent herself was stuck on hold for over an hour waiting for “management support” to approve the change.

There was nothing special to approve; I was taking advantage of the free change policy to actually spend more money with Delta.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
When I called last week I to resolve negative connection issues, I ended up requesting to change to a different airport nearby since the remaining options with availability were poor. Agent put me on hold for a while trying to get the ticket revalidated and managed to do something, but I'm not sure if the ticket is actually real and had the change go through other than seeing it in my itinerary.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xliioper
Changes this weekend were all mostly adds with only a few subtracts. Unlikely there were many people impacted.
Based on the activity on twitter and people who tweeted on the DL channel yesterday about flight changes not getting a response until this evening, I think there may be quite a few impacted. DL phone lines are still a mess and doesn't seem to be getting any better either. I just called to check and got quoted 1:30 callback time again as a DM, so I can just imagine the frustration for most pax where they don't even get an option to wait or get a callback and are just told to try later.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM (Back to GLD for now)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PlatAAagain
Bad form to reply to yourself, but wanted to let people know that going to the (nearly deserted - I think we saw two other passengers while we were there) airport was the right move.
Explained our issue, got everything changed and the agent there was extremely helpful and pleasant.

-Plat
DCAhome likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rylan
When I called last week I to resolve negative connection issues, I ended up requesting to change to a different airport nearby since the remaining options with availability were poor. Agent put me on hold for a while trying to get the ticket revalidated and managed to do something, but I'm not sure if the ticket is actually real and had the change go through other than seeing it in my itinerary.
Had a similar issue about 2 weeks ago. Managed to change to alternate airport on the app, but ticket number remained the same. Called and received a callback a few hours later. Agent assured me ticket was just revalidated automatically and did not need to be reissued. When the time came to check in the system only wanted to check me in for the first flight, and neither of my connecting flights. Called the PM line again. Finally got an agent, she assured me all was well and showed me checked in for all segments. Only way I was able to get boarding passes was to manually check in, without being logged in from the website, and to enter the connection airport as the departure point. Just FYI if it happens to you. I think the agents are trying to cut corners and hope the IT system plays well or let the airport deal with it.

Also glad to see another poster was able to get an issue resolved by going to the airport rather than calling. An airport I flew out of last week had a sign that the ticket counter would assist with departing passengers on the outbound flights only... for any future travel it directed people to call the standard help number.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rylan
Based on the activity on twitter and people who tweeted on the DL channel yesterday about flight changes not getting a response until this evening, I think there may be quite a few impacted. DL phone lines are still a mess and doesn't seem to be getting any better either. I just called to check and got quoted 1:30 callback time again as a DM, so I can just imagine the frustration for most pax where they don't even get an option to wait or get a callback and are just told to try later.
Does Delta have a policy of not doing callbacks after midnight? I called at 9:40 p.m. Was quoted a 3:15 hold time, so I opted for the call return option as I'm a late-night person. It's 3 a.m. and nada... does anyone know why they took away the ability to make simple changes/cancellations online? My husband and I both had similar changes two months ago that we took care of ourselves, no interaction needed. Now he spent four hours today on hold while he worked and I have no callback. How is this efficient?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by melissaru
Does Delta have a policy of not doing callbacks after midnight? I called at 9:40 p.m. Was quoted a 3:15 hold time, so I opted for the call return option as I'm a late-night person. It's 3 a.m. and nada... does anyone know why they took away the ability to make simple changes/cancellations online? My husband and I both had similar changes two months ago that we took care of ourselves, no interaction needed. Now he spent four hours today on hold while he worked and I have no callback. How is this efficient?
I received a callback at 12:30 AM AKDT a few days ago, so 4:30 AM EDT. The agent mentioned she had just started her shift at 4 AM.

agreed, the website is a major issue.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: DL PM, AS 100k, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Facebook DM to cancel a ticket next week. no replies so far day #3
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by melissaru
I was quoted five hours at 10pm EST two nights ago, I got a callback about 3:15am (was up reading late) and then still on hold until after 3:40. Oy. And using the website was a no go.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 8:05 am

5 hours on Plat line last night, 4 hours today.

Unfortunately need to redeposit companion cert for travel this weekend and get a refund!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just for reference... had to call AA and got right through with minimal wait time as a nothing status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.