Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would hang up and try calling in again. That's what I did yesterday and was given callback option on the second call. It only took about 15 minutes before I got the callback. Someone else also reported getting callback option on second call yesterday as well. I'm also getting the impression that things are worse at the beginning of the week due to Saturday schedule change loads. I suspect the call volumes go down later in the week.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 12, 2021 at 11:21 am
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Tried twitter yesterday, got this reply:

Thank you for contacting Delta Air Lines. We are currently servicing our Social customers through our Secure Messaging service and are temporarily not responding in this channel. A messaging representative is available to you 24/7 through desktop, Android, and Apple devices using the links below. It may take a few seconds for a messaging window to load. For some desktop users, the window may appear at the bottom of your screen. Apple devices: https://bit.ly/PrivateMessageDL Desktop and Android: https://bit.ly/PMDelta
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Thank you for contacting Delta Air Lines. We are currently servicing our Social customers through our Secure Messaging service and are temporarily not responding in this channel. A messaging representative is available to you 24/7 through desktop, Android, and Apple devices using the links below. It may take a few seconds for a messaging window to load. For some desktop users, the window may appear at the bottom of your screen. Apple devices: https://bit.ly/PrivateMessageDL Desktop and Android: https://bit.ly/PMDelta
And then prepare to wait all day before being disconnected.
Gargoyle, wrp96 and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
... is going on with Delta. Enter my Diamond number and then either total silence or endless hold after a silly message about needing info about countries opening up. No call back offered.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Tried twitter yesterday, got this reply:

In order to get Twitter to work these days, you have to send them a tweet with @Delta where someone will eventually respond with a link to open up a private DM conversation. It’s better than text because I’ve found that the DM link doesn’t expire unlike the in-app messaging service.
Gargoyle and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
In order to get Twitter to work these days, you have to send them a tweet with @Delta where someone will eventually respond with a link to open up a private DM conversation. It’s better than text because I’ve found that the DM link doesn’t expire unlike the in-app messaging service.
Workarounds for the workarounds...yep...we've entered the third world. At least there still is Singapore which seems to be a quick one-stop workaround.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Three hours and counting for the text line today.

Price of flight went down $50, would like to get the money back but certainly not worth a 6+ hour hold time vs. having the text in the background while I can keep working
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
As a comparison, sitting in MIA currently with a number of delayed flights due to strong storms throughout the day. Connected to the AA PLT line in 5 minutes, callback option offered as well. If it were Delta in this situation I’d be looking at around 4-6 hours on a good day.

So shameful.
fly747first, wrp96 and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Duke787
Three hours and counting for the text line today.

Price of flight went down $50, would like to get the money back but certainly not worth a 6+ hour hold time vs. having the text in the background while I can keep working
Can't you just rebook online?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by atldiamond
LOL!!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by cmd320
LOL!!
Okay, but seriously, if it's a simple ticket, does clicking "Modify Flight" and rebooking the same exact flight not generate an e-Credit?

I have Google Flight alerts set for some upcoming trips, but really don't want to call in...
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by atldiamond
LOL!!
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Okay, but seriously, if it's a simple ticket, does clicking "Modify Flight" and rebooking the same exact flight not generate an e-Credit?

I have Google Flight alerts set for some upcoming trips, but really don't want to call in...
Lol yes I would but it has a cleared RUC attached to it (ATL - SAN on the 764) so I need an agent who can process and either just issue the refund without having to mess with the RUC or can re-deposit and then re-apply (there's still space showing so shouldn't be an issue for re-clearing).
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
As a comparison, sitting in MIA currently with a number of delayed flights due to strong storms throughout the day. Connected to the AA PLT line in 5 minutes, callback option offered as well. If it were Delta in this situation I’d be looking at around 4-6 hours on a good day.

So shameful.
DL truly wants to "keep stalling"
cmd320 and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Bonvoy
I just went to the airport to make the change. I wasn't travelling for a few more weeks on that itinerary.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by Jax Tom; Jul 12, 2021 at 6:30 pm Reason: Edit: this was supposed to be a reply to an earlier post, sorry
Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:45 am

Programs: UA 1K
When did the chat on delta.com stop working? After pressing the "Representative"-button, no reply is given from the chat bot.
canadiancow and SamirD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.