Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Were you also calling the DM priority line?
Probably not since I don't know what that is; but by Googling I assume a Direct Message priority line? I was trying to message them via the website, too. Thankfully at check-in it allowed me to change flights to one departing tonight - I'm surprised others who know the inner-workings of Delta better didn't beat me to the punch. I also thought there'd be a $75 same-day change fee but was pleasantly surprised there wasn't. (This is what happens when you get used to flying only one airline.)
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by BOSskier
Probably not since I don't know what that is; but by Googling I assume a Direct Message priority line? I was trying to message them via the website, too. Thankfully at check-in it allowed me to change flights to one departing tonight - I'm surprised others who know the inner-workings of Delta better didn't beat me to the punch. I also thought there'd be a $75 same-day change fee but was pleasantly surprised there wasn't. (This is what happens when you get used to flying only one airline.)
No, Diamond Medallion priority phone line
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Literally at the end of my rope with the inexcusable delays when calling the DM line. My rant follows below.

1. Flight disruption. Call the line and receive automated message saying the estimated callback time is 3 hours and 45 minutes.

2. Duck into the SC to resolve the issue. Wind up cancelling my outbound and moving to a different airline. SC agent says she'll "take care of it" and preserve my return

3. Reissued itinerary shows my outbound flights cancelled and the ticked converted to a one-way for the return. NO REFUND OF ANY FARE DIFFERENCE.

4. Complete the trip can call DM line back (when I had time). Receive an automated message saying the estimated callback time is 1 hour and 40 minutes. Actual callback time 2 hours

5. Agent who claimed to be at the "Dallas" call center and in no way knowledgeable about anything DL proceed to ask ridiculous security questions that are "to make it easier to assist you." At the end of those she still does not have my SM number in front of her so I have to provide that again. Her approach is to work off of her script and not

6. Placed on hold for 20 minutes while she speaks to someone in the "refunds department" to get this sorted out. She then comes back and tells me the refund will be processed but doesn't tell my how much until I ask. I then ask why this wasn't handled immediately I was told that "refunds are issued after travel is complete and you call in to request it." W T F...?!? I have never experienced this having been a DM since launch.

To add insult to injury, after the call was completed, i received an email from DL saying "This is not a refund. This is confirmation that a Refund has officially been requested and submitted for review." Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but UA is kicking DL's rear on customer service right now. I'm embarrassed for DL.
you ain’t kidding ! UA is doing everything right and top notch… leading the way among the US airlines in almost every regard now…from new routes to post-pandemic marketing, technology advancements and attentive and promot customer/airport/phone service
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Just for grins, I just called to check on the current wait time. The wait time was zero, as the recording said to call back later or call my travel agency. The call then was disconnected. Tried twice to be sure.

Ed has made a real mess for sure.

Yikes.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Ugg Tropical storm Elsa😡

Tried calling 7/8 for a schedule change notification I received… and can’t change online.

Trial 1: Midnight 7/8, advised less than 2 hour hold, got disconnected at 1 hour 15 min mark 🤬
Trial 2: 1:15am 7/8, advised further 2 hour hold, gave up after 5 min.
Trial 3: 8:15am 7/8, advised less than 3 hour hold time. No thanks. Hung up.
Trial 4: 12:58pm 7/8 advised less than 2 hour hold time. No thanks.
Trial 5: 9:20pm 7/8, no advisement of hold time….Deltat finally answered my call after 5 hours and 30 minute hold @2:40am 7/9.

I guess it’s not that urgent. 😆

Jiburi
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by jiburi; Jul 9, 2021 at 3:49 am
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Got email on 7/7 letting me know that the AMS-DTW leg of BOD-AMS-DTW-DCA in Jan had been cancelled. Email said to call 800-835-9154. That number just put me in a hold queue.
Waited until noon today, Pacific time and called the DM line - told call back would be in 2 hours, 50 minutes. Call back actually came 2 hours and 15 minutes.
I explained the problem and she asked me if I had a preference for replacement flights. I'd found a bunch of replacements but specifically requested flights using DL metal as I figured getting the GUCs accepted would be easier on DL metal. Asked for BOD-CDG-ATL-DCA. The agent found it and then, of course had to call a ticketing agent. The whole call took 25 minutes including the time with the ticketing agent. And managed to clear the waitlisted US domestic leg of the outbound flight as well.
So GUCs applied on every leg except BOD-CDG.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:19 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Interesting thread - for me getting back into the 'frequent flyer mode'post-Vaccinated and opening of some parts of the world, I have to rely on direct agent contact for 1) canceled flights with intolerable re-routes/delays - of which there seems to be no end - and 2) trying to use one of my multiple, multiple e-credits or other e-certs including GUCs - being a surgeon and having to do these things in-between surgeries, I do not have the luxury of waiting 'whatever time > 10 minutes', and impossible to be called back - very, very annoying. When I get home late at night I need to eat and go to bed before the next Marathon day - so this 'waiting. Call-back scheme' just doesn't work for me. I really, really love to use Delta, but they really, really make it hard with their 1h+ 'Diamond line' waiting times for people like me to stay loyal! Heck, I had an AF reservation and had a shorter wait calling them for a change than on DL! - now that is a bar you should not be striving for Delta!

(On a trip from SLC-JFK in August that I booked in February - I am on my 5th (FIFTH!) - cancellation, re-booking, equipment change etc - really very annoying!) - please get you S**t together dear Delta!
desmondo and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Exp
Wait time for an agent was 'only' 3 hours this morning (EU time), but unfortunately the line got disconnected when rebooking was almost done... I have been waiting for 6 hours to get in touch with a human using the messaging services (who knows how much longer it will take...). Maybe they are shifting resources, it used to be the other way round (at least for me).

Think I will give Singapore a call.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Anybody had a problem with DL hanging up on you when (finally) get a call back? I diligently waited my two hours, got the call, said "Hello" and then ... radio silence followed by a hang up. This has happened twice now.
JesseRohr and SamirD like this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gnargel
I have been waiting for 6 hours to get in touch with a human using the messaging services (who knows how much longer it will take...).
IME this is just a waste of time now. They sending in the queue messages every two hours until the end of the day, then cut you off.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I have gotten a response in 24 hours in the past week using the contact us email on the website.
I just tried again 48 hours ago and still nothing... I'm probably on a list or something (or they really do respond quicker if you have status)
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Is there a line to call to reach someone who handles SkyMiles? I had a flight credit incorrectly. I booked flights last year with Delta Gift Cards, which I then had to cancel due to the pandemic, and the credits that the system generated were broken due to the payment type, so they had to manually reissue them. When I used them last month I wasn't credited the MQMs, MQDs, or SkyMiles for the portion paid for by the credits.\

I sent them a message on the contact form on the website a week after the flight credited. That was close to a month ago. I didn't receive any sort of response or fix.

Gold Medallion, if that helps. I'm not in a huge hurry. I'd rather wait until they're done with the wx and schedule change crowd before I call in.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by diburning; Jul 9, 2021 at 11:05 am
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
I just tried again 48 hours ago and still nothing... I'm probably on a list or something (or they really do respond quicker if you have status)
Probably the latter, but I would also guess (just speculating) that it probably depends which category/checkboxes you check off, with certain ones receiving higher priority.

Originally Posted by diburning
Is there a line to call to reach someone who handles SkyMiles? I had a flight credit incorrectly. I booked flights last year with Delta Gift Cards, which I then had to cancel due to the pandemic, and the credits that the system generated were broken due to the payment type, so they had to manually reissue them. When I used them last month I wasn't credited the MQMs, MQDs, or SkyMiles for the portion paid for by the credits.

I sent them a message on the contact form on the website a week after the flight credited. That was close to a month ago. I didn't receive any sort of response or fix.
I'm still waiting for anything other than an automated response from a crediting issue in April others do seem to have had luck getting these fixed immediately by calling in but I haven't tried asking yet myself.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
Interesting thread - for me getting back into the 'frequent flyer mode'post-Vaccinated and opening of some parts of the world, I have to rely on direct agent contact for 1) canceled flights with intolerable re-routes/delays - of which there seems to be no end - and 2) trying to use one of my multiple, multiple e-credits or other e-certs including GUCs - being a surgeon and having to do these things in-between surgeries, I do not have the luxury of waiting 'whatever time > 10 minutes', and impossible to be called back - very, very annoying. When I get home late at night I need to eat and go to bed before the next Marathon day - so this 'waiting. Call-back scheme' just doesn't work for me. I really, really love to use Delta, but they really, really make it hard with their 1h+ 'Diamond line' waiting times for people like me to stay loyal! Heck, I had an AF reservation and had a shorter wait calling them for a change than on DL! - now that is a bar you should not be striving for Delta!
You might try calling Delta's Singapore reservations center.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:45 pm

Tried Singapore - gave up after 10 minutes on hold - around 4pm ET. What is the normal wait time, any hours that are better?
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.