Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:30 am

Singapore was a great idea - took an hour to manage everything but at .08/minute or whatever it was it was worth it.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:49 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Still waiting @Delta For a follow up on my tweet..
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SSF556
Still waiting @Delta For a follow up on my tweet..
Good luck with that. Funny (sad) thing is all legacy carriers call you back in two hours or less as promised in the auto callback queue.

Delta hangs up on you and says they have IT issues and try back in an hour!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by chix
I have an award reservation made yesterday that I need to cancel. When I try to do so online within the 24 hour grace period, a warning says there will be a $150 redeposit fee and subject to additional change fees.

The wait time on the phone said 57 minutes.... I am now at almost two hours and no update message, just music.

I think I may just drive 10 minutes to IAD and walk up to a bored check in agent to get this done properly!

Thoughts?
Well, I went to IAD to handle. They were dead and 20 year ticketing / check in agent could not accomplish. She waited on hold for 1/2 hour with SkyMiles desk and gave up.

She said that if it was a paid ticket she could help and refund with no fees, SkyMiles had to be done via phone with SM agent.

She made notes in record and said I will not have access to the 140,000 miles for about 7 days if I am lucky.

If I do get charged the $300 redeposit fee, I will have to deal with them again.

Problem is I need the miles now.

AA and UA can handle stuff like this right now in a reasonable manner with one quick phone call.

i witnessed another guy with a similar situation walk up with a paid ticket for tomorrow and she changed it in 2 minutes with no fees even though it was a higher fare (he tried unsuccessfully on the web so drove to Dulles too).

Delta IT and SkyMiles really suck.

This agent was sooooo nice and experienced but could not help.

Wasted 2 hours, manpower and parking fee :-(
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Not surprising. Airport agents are mostly not trained on SkyMiles. It is a different process that they are not trained to handle. Have you tried calling Singapore reservations?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Not surprising. Airport agents are mostly not trained on SkyMiles. It is a different process that they are not trained to handle. Have you tried calling Singapore reservations?
It’s a Delta domestic flight. Can you expand on that suggestion?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It’s a Delta domestic flight. Can you expand on that suggestion?
The DL Singapore call center can handle any issue that the US call centers can.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
The DL Singapore call center can handle any issue that the US call centers can.
Do you have a phone number and a way to call Singapore call center for free / collect?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Do you have a phone number and a way to call Singapore call center for free / collect?
+65 6336-3371

(It's listed on the Delta contact info page if you ever need to find it from scratch)

Use Google Voice, Skype, or something similar. Last time I did this I think it was like 3c/minute which is basically free.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:02 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Just my experience. Bought a ticket late last night (soju made me do it) ATL-ORD for my visit back to US next month. Website wouldn't let me cancel. Called the local Korean number here in Korea. I did speak in Korean, but I had NO WAIT. Color me surprised. Not a second wait.

So I just called back to the English line - also picked up RIGHT AWAY. It's 3 PM here on Sunday (2 AM Sunday East Coast US time). Not sure where they route to.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
got this text from Delta last night:

“If you can't get through and won't make your flight, don't worry. Delta will ensure all changes are processed and applicable credits will be issued.”
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ethernal
I think that is a little unfair. I *do* think that there is an element of truth to the fact that Delta seems to intentionally limit online self-service options. That needs to be fixed. That said, having long hold times for what is a truly unprecedented event in the entirety of aviation (the only two close follows were the Icelandic volcanoes and the grounding after 9/11) should not be surprising.

The aviation world is in complete disarray. All things considered, I think Delta has done a good job - better than most - in taking care of their customers in this crisis. I'd give them a little slack. Especially when things escalated after Wednesday night's presidential briefing that stewed a lot of immediate confusion (there is a huge difference between "banning all flights" vs "banning most foreign nationals").
I could not agree more, including based on the folks I know who are dealing with DL urgently. (I need to cancel JFK-MEL for early April for credit; I'm waiting a bit longer, understanding that there are people who need help from DL more urgently than I do. It's a time for all of us to think not only of ourselves but of our neighbors, be they the folks next door, fellow travelers or a voice on the other end of a DL call center line.)
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
As a GM I got hung up on 2 or 3 times yesterday and went through on the 3rd or 4th time with a 10 minute wait and a callback around 5:00PM Central. Called because of Pre Check not printing on my boarding pass even though I have GE. Since she had to reissue my ticket and my upgrade to J had cleared she reissued my ticket in J for free, was a pleasure to deal with! Ended up Tweeting at 5:30 because I forgot to ask if I'd lose my meal selection, not a big deal at all and very non urgent. Still haven't got a response there.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: DL PM, AS 100k, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
FB DM seems to work. They got back to me after 30 hrs. You need to provide all they need before they reply
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by yupenn
FB DM seems to work. They got back to me after 30 hrs. You need to provide all they need before they reply
I hope you meant 30 mins!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.