Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'm hoping this will be a wake-up call for DL to overhaul their IT and website. You should be able to do anything you need online or through the app.
lsquare and hi55us like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Just received this email from DL
Already posted

Last edited by SuperG1955; Mar 12, 2020 at 8:31 pm
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Call DL in Singapore. Get right through and very competent people will take great care of you.
Thanks, done! That was so much easier than waiting for a 8hour callback.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:53 pm

Programs: A few
Called the DM line this evening, no pre-recorded offer of a call-back, an agent answered in about 5 minutes.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm hoping this will be a wake-up call for DL to overhaul their IT and website. You should be able to do anything you need online or through the app.
I agree on the need to overhaul their website (hate the UX) but DL is about 5 steps ahead of AA/UA at least in my own experience.

In normal IRROPs, DL re-booking is a piece of cake on the app or online and regular changes are pretty easy on the app too. These are of course extraordinary circumstances with mass changes and cancellations not really seen since 9/11 when modern technology was in its infancy.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by lsquare
Totally agree with ya. I'm not going to waste too much time on this unless my flight is tomorrow morning. As I said in other thread, DL tried calling me three times today and got through on the third. Everything have been sorted out. I'm going to live my life normally. Let's take advantage of all of the deals and promotions that are coming later this year!
I am sure that everyone with a compromised immune system, cardiovascular system, or anyone over the age of 60* really appreciates your cavalier attitude towards a genuine public health crisis. Who cares about old people anyways? They're past their productive use anyways - economically useless.

* Make that 50 once the healthcare system is overrun and basic treatment like extra oxygen is impossible to get.
drumbum and Whowouldanewman like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:43 am

Could someone please tell me the phone number to call in singapore?

NVM. Found it. Thanks.

Last edited by FlyingBeanCounter; Mar 13, 2020 at 6:48 am
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:54 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Sent @Delta a twitter request for my flight next week....I sent that twit at 1:41pm EST yesterday...still have not gotten a response!

I asked to change my flight from DTW-MSP-Lincoln to DTW-Omaha...that was it.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:58 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SSF556
Sent @Delta a twitter request for my flight next week....I sent that twit at 1:41pm EST yesterday...still have not gotten a response!

I asked to change my flight from DTW-MSP-Lincoln to DTW-Omaha...that was it.
It took about 24 hours for them to respond to me on Twitter this week. However once you have an agent assigned they take care of you and then close the chat.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I started a stopwatch when I did the “call me back option” and as of right now I’m at 18 hours and 17 minutes waiting for said call back. Also sent a DM on Twitter with no response.

I really hope DL invests some money finally in IT and potentially call center agents too. This is embarrassing and honestly it feels like DL can not handle unforeseen events well at all
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I really hope DL invests some money finally in IT and potentially call center agents too. This is embarrassing and honestly it feels like DL can not handle unforeseen events well at all
I think that is a little unfair. I *do* think that there is an element of truth to the fact that Delta seems to intentionally limit online self-service options. That needs to be fixed. That said, having long hold times for what is a truly unprecedented event in the entirety of aviation (the only two close follows were the Icelandic volcanoes and the grounding after 9/11) should not be surprising.

The aviation world is in complete disarray. All things considered, I think Delta has done a good job - better than most - in taking care of their customers in this crisis. I'd give them a little slack. Especially when things escalated after Wednesday night's presidential briefing that stewed a lot of immediate confusion (there is a huge difference between "banning all flights" vs "banning most foreign nationals").
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by ethernal
The aviation world is in complete disarray. All things considered, I think Delta has done a good job - better than most - in taking care of their customers in this crisis. I'd give them a little slack.
I want to echo and amplify this. I have pending travel on DL, SQ, KE, and AM all affected by the situation. DL has been _by far_ the best among those four at handling my travel at least.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I have an award reservation made yesterday that I need to cancel. When I try to do so online within the 24 hour grace period, a warning says there will be a $150 redeposit fee and subject to additional change fees.

The wait time on the phone said 57 minutes.... I am now at almost two hours and no update message, just music.

I think I may just drive 10 minutes to IAD and walk up to a bored check in agent to get this done properly!

Thoughts?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
I have noticed my SEA-AMS flight is cancelled but as of now the earlier flight is still scheduled. It's about a month out, so I'm not going to clog the queue for a little bit longer until the schedules sort themselves out. DL probably doesn't know yet what it's going to do but I'm not a stranded person in the EU right now, so ... good luck to those who are!
Twitter support got back to me this AM. Good luck. Hard to predict tomorrow let alone a month from now
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Originally Posted by ryandc99
It took about 24 hours for them to respond to me on Twitter this week. However once you have an agent assigned they take care of you and then close the chat.
Same here, sent a twitter message 4pm on Wednesday, got a reply at 2am (which of course I missed at that time), replied to that at 7am and the issue was taken care of with a reply at 11pm. Things are taking a while, but get done. No big deal, appreciated not having to stay on hold on the phone for hours.
ryandc99 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.