Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by stdupree
On hold now and the quoted time is 5 hours. Tried on a different phone and got quoted 3.5 hours, but that call was dropped after only 10 minutes or so.
Sing with the choir now:

"Oh it's schedule change Saturday, and it's all Okay...."

I'm about two hours ahead of you in that queue, waiting to again fix a schedule change in May. This week's version reverts a change from just 7 days ago.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL DM
Quoted 2 hr 48 minutes just now on the PM line. Since I’ve got some work commitments today I don’t have the availability for a call back. I hung up, and will try again either tonight or tomorrow. I survived last week’s May schedule changes, but they did a number on me today.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I called a half hour ago about a schedule change email and was quoted 11 minutes and chose to hold and talked to someone in a little over five minutes later. Guess I was lucky.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:12 pm

Decided to give the PM line one more try tonight when I got in from work. I was quoted only a 33 minute callback time, and I accepted the callback since it was the shortest I've received in a while. To my surprise the call actually came about 20 minutes later... but then I waited another 10 minutes on hold after I was "next to be answered." Overall a friendly and very helpful agent. She understood my issue and got it resolved quickly. Tickets properly reissued.

I have made a habit now to keep the agent on for another minute or two while I review the changes. I used to just accept their word for it under the premise I could always call back quickly if I saw a mistake. But now I go over it myself before they disconnect. I highly recommend this. I jokingly explained that to the agent while I was reviewing things and she said she completely understood and apologized for the long wait times on the elite line.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Decided to give the PM line one more try tonight when I got in from work. I was quoted only a 33 minute callback time, and I accepted the callback since it was the shortest I've received in a while. To my surprise the call actually came about 20 minutes later... but then I waited another 10 minutes on hold after I was "next to be answered." Overall a friendly and very helpful agent. She understood my issue and got it resolved quickly. Tickets properly reissued.

I have made a habit now to keep the agent on for another minute or two while I review the changes. I used to just accept their word for it under the premise I could always call back quickly if I saw a mistake. But now I go over it myself before they disconnect. I highly recommend this. I jokingly explained that to the agent while I was reviewing things and she said she completely understood and apologized for the long wait times on the elite line.
sadly, “reviewing their work” is necessary since the precipitous decline in the quality of DL phone agents...often times, even after waiting on hold and the phone agents assuring the changes were made , imagine the outrage when seeing that nothing was done at all in the first place!
GagaPilot and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
So I stopped using twitter because I read that Delta ended their twitter support. So out of frustration after not being able to get through to delta I finally tweeted that I couldn't get in touch with anyone.

Someone hit me up on twitter and helped me out in less than an hour.
tardyturtle and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
sadly, “reviewing their work” is necessary since the precipitous decline in the quality of DL phone agents...often times, even after waiting on hold and the phone agents assuring the changes were made , imagine the outrage when seeing that nothing was done at all in the first place!
You know, something told me to call back this morning and have another agent look over the changes the agent last night did. While all the flights were correct, and tickets were properly reissued, my concern was did last night’s agent properly transfer my pet-in-cabin request over to the new flights? I’m glad I called back, because the pet was only listed on 5/6 segments... not the last! Today’s agent fixed it. So yes, the quality of the agents I have gotten lately seems to have really gone downhill. On the plus side, only 25 minutes today on the PM line.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
(God help me) I had a UA trip I needed to cancel the other day. No wait at all. No questions, refund issued.

Three 1.5 hour+ call backs from DL this week. One of which was a CSR without a funny flicking clue what she was doing. Now waiting over two hours waiting for a text response. This is unsustainable.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:24 pm

And now connected on text. CSR told me she can’t get me changed to business because I was in premium select. I’m in G (upper class) on VS. She’s not budging. Madness.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
And now connected on text. CSR told me she can’t get me changed to business because I was in premium select. I’m in G (upper class) on VS. She’s not budging. Madness.
Ask for a CES agent (Customer Experience Supervisor); you will have to wait, but they can transfer to them in the written forms of contacting as well. They should be able to rectify this for you, but another example of abysmal service (this is complexity that DELTA themselves added as far as partner fare classes and poor training with their agents go)
DeltaFan4Now and GagaPilot like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
(God help me) I had a UA trip I needed to cancel the other day. No wait at all. No questions, refund issued.

Three 1.5 hour+ call backs from DL this week. One of which was a CSR without a funny flicking clue what she was doing. Now waiting over two hours waiting for a text response. This is unsustainable.
no wait when you call UA, and the quality of service with UA phone agents is simply top notch
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
no wait when you call UA, and the quality of service with UA phone agents is simply top notch
I too have noticed better (as far as consistency in training and knowing policies, and politeness) as a United Silver (from Marriott Titanium) than as a DL Diamond.

Thanks for ruining Delta, Ed (and Rahul Sammant).
unitedbusiness and RealHJ like this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Out of curiosity I called the DM line now and was quoted 2 minutes. Maybe somebody likes me, but I have had short waits the past couple times I've called over the last few weeks.
However, I am in agreement that if others are getting hours long wait times then that is unacceptable.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:58 am

Well, that was my point. UA was great. DL, not so much... Opposite of a few years ago...
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
I'm booked on the last flight of the night on Thursday, and it was moved 90 minutes earlier a while back. I thought I could rearrange work stuff, but no dice.

Tried texting today to move to a flight the next day and the agent quoted me 200 bucks after 90 minutes. I asked about the schedule change and she said (wrongly) that the flight could only be moved to the same day (even though the schedule change moved the flight earlier). Now waiting for a 2 hour callback.

I've been patient with DL for the last year, but I'm getting to a certain point of fed up and thinking of leaving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.