Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Had a colleague (Gold) call in this morning (about 8am Eastern) and got a message that the wait was 51 hours to reach an agent!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Had a colleague (Gold) call in this morning (about 8am Eastern) and got a message that the wait was 51 hours to reach an agent!
I called PL line this morning at around 9:15 - on hold for ~20 minutes, done in 25.

Meanwhile, I have been waiting for 3 hrs for AMEX Global Bus Travel to call me back confirming changes I requested them to make to a ticket they control.

Also, waiting 2+ hrs now for twitter to confirm a RUC request (should have done this when I was on the phone with PL line but totally forgot)
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
I've encountered dropped calls on my end: it said "your call cannot be completed due to technical difficulties; please try again later".

The overseas offices should be okay (MNL's call center is still up and running despite a short wait), but I'm concerned the MNL agents are less capable than the U.S. agents, particularly as it comes to GUCs.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:07 am

Called DL in Singapore after waiting for many hours for a callback. 5 minutes all done. So professional and lovely to deal with!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I had to dust off my Twitter account to DM DL about a cancellation I had to make. I got a response in about 2.5 hours, which was fine.
I went the same route. Told a buddy who didn't want to sit on hold today to do the same.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
DM & Being Put On Hold For Over 2 Hours

Just tried to call into DL for something that can not be done on the internet, and as a DM was told the wait time would be over 2 hours?!?!? Is anybody else getting these messages?
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Yeah, if they had a desk for non Corona Virus issues and it was easy to get through, everyone would just call that number, no matter what their issue. As it is, I am sure that a lot of Platinums and Diamonds call in for friends or family members (not traveling with them) to make or change reservations. Delta can't very well say no.
Must be a lot of people calling for friends and family as I just got a 2+ hour hold time message as a DM calling in.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:30 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...11-2020-a.html

Delta needs phone agents available for non-virus issues
Hepsaint and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM
Just yell into the phone DYKWIA. That should work
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Thumbs down NOT cool

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Must be a lot of people calling for friends and family as I just got a 2+ hour hold time message as a DM calling in.
... and started a separate thread about it
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
when asked for the extension number, use 395942# so DL is more effectively aware of your status and promotes your call to the top of the hold queue
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL should deal with the people who scream the loudest into the phone while on hold. Has to be some technology to monitor and create a metric.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:56 am

Call Singapore. Got through right away. Classiest service ever.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Often1
DL should deal with the people who scream the loudest into the phone while on hold. Has to be some technology to monitor and create a metric.
I don't know if you're serious or not, but that sounds like a terrible idea! Imagine an airport when a weather system moves in and cancels hundreds of flights...it's just going to be a literal screaming match to get through.
FlyerWx likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kop84
I don't know if you're serious or not. ...
you're evidently not familiar w that individual's posting history which is often a mix of sarcasm and pedantry
DiverDave, will2288, TXguy and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.