Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
being checked in
That was it.

Not an issue on UA or WN. DL back-end is pretty weak if that cuts off the ability to make online changes.

The very nice agent I chatted with explicitly blamed DL laying off cs agents due to COVID. Not a smart place to cut costs IMO. I still get immediate response from UA or AA (and I think AS but haven't tested lately) and that is a key distinguishing factor for frequent travelers.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
That was it.

Not an issue on UA or WN. DL back-end is pretty weak if that cuts off the ability to make online changes.

The very nice agent I chatted with explicitly blamed DL laying off cs agents due to COVID. Not a smart place to cut costs IMO. I still get immediate response from UA or AA (and I think AS but haven't tested lately) and that is a key distinguishing factor for frequent travelers.
AFAIK DL had zero layoffs. However there was a reduction in hours/pay.

WN has no concern that OAL has used one of the coupons on the ticket. I've not used UA system, but there's a difference between a same day/24hr standby/confirmed and a regular change. The first can be handled by simply revalidation of the ticket. The latter requires issuing a new ticket.

I know AA can't make changes (except SDC) online if checked in.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
WN has no concern that OAL has used one of the coupons on the ticket. I've not used UA system, but there's a difference between a same day/24hr standby/confirmed and a regular change. The first can be handled by simply revalidation of the ticket. The latter requires issuing a new ticket.
DL wouldn't let me cancel through the app or website. UA absolutely has that functionality. i didn't reference AA because their IT is stone age.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: Many
Booking a Ticket via the DL's website today was quite a frustrating and slow experience, I'm surprised I didn't get charged twice considering how many reloads I needed to get my ticket.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
DL wouldn't let me cancel through the app or website. UA absolutely has that functionality. i didn't reference AA because their IT is stone age.
I've never not been given the option to cancel. Change, yes as described, but not for canceling.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dsftm
Booking a Ticket via the DL's website today was quite a frustrating and slow experience...
Sounds like a typical day on the DL website to me...
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Hold Time for Agent

Why does it take so long to be able to talk with reservations. Yesterday 45 minute wait called 5:00AM no call back option or advisement of hold time waited 30 minutes then gave up. How many reservation centers are there. Years back they worked together picking up calls.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Called today at 10:00 am Mountain time. Wait time was 1 hour 30 minutes on the Diamond line. I shudder to think how much worse it is for others.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by DCAhome
Called today at 10:00 am Mountain time. Wait time was 1 hour 30 minutes on the Diamond line. I shudder to think how much worse it is for others.
When I text them I get a response within about 5 minutes.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Dunno if related, but could be if it leads to need for rebookings: saw something on FB about arrival rate into ATL being limited due to ATC facility cleaning.

https://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfa...p?p=0&ARPT=ATL

Due to OTHER / OTHER, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, GA (ATL). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 57 minutes.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Definitely noticed wait times up this week... called a few times and was quoted over 30 min. Finally decided to request a callback and got one after about 30.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
united’s website is far more advanced than delta’s.
I’ve done exchange after exchange on almost any ticket ...you sometimes don’t even get that option on Delta’s website, thus forcing the dreaded call, if you can even get hold of someone in a timely manner! One of the reasons I bailed DL!
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
united’s website is far more advanced than delta’s.
Delta.smart it certainly isn't. I had to wait nearly an hour tonight for a callback as a PM to book a flight because the website wouldn't accept one of my ecredits. All sorted though with a great agent, and it wasn't particularly time sensitive either.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Phone issues and overall bad service

Not sure If it is me, but is getting a hold of an actual person turning into a nightmare. I have called the DM line multiple times this year and have never been able to get an agent in under 10 minutes, sometimes it has been up to 30 minutes plus. Unfortunately I need to call frequently to get things done, either using vouchers, getting seats since I have multiple tickets with my family etc. Unsure if all lines are merged or I feel super sorry for the lower sky members

I am buying more and more Economy Plus since F is no different and not worth the extra price at the the moment. Any ideas when they will restore F to actual full service?
Old Feb 11, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by troyintn
Not sure If it is me, but is getting a hold of an actual person turning into a nightmare. I have called the DM line multiple times this year and have never been able to get an agent in under 10 minutes, sometimes it has been up to 30 minutes plus. Unfortunately I need to call frequently to get things done, either using vouchers, getting seats since I have multiple tickets with my family etc. Unsure if all lines are merged or I feel super sorry for the lower sky members

I am buying more and more Economy Plus since F is no different and not worth the extra price at the the moment. Any ideas when they will restore F to actual full service?
it certainly is just not you! What is WRONG with Delta’s DM line?!?! Unpleasant service, poor agent quality, inexperience with a variety of issues...can not accomplish simple tasks or an easy exchange without having to put you on hold ... What happened to other DM agents who could do a manual exchange? And on top of that, having to wait 35 minutes + plus to reach someone. AND limited in-flight service. Why has DL fallen so badly and no end in sight?
p100a and GagaPilot like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.