Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Old Apr 26, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Singapore Reservations Line often can be reached with little to no hold time.
+65-6336-3371

Suggestion to use Skype or Google Voice - both offer rates of 1 cent per minute.

Direct line for SINRES stopped working around November 2021.

For travel within 48 hours, see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2063929-faster-delta-call-back-number-1-855-548-2505-within-48-hours-departure.html

1 (800) 835-9154 is a number that has worked for many members. It is unknown what specifically this line is used for.

This number also stopped working around March 24, 2022.
Print Wikipost

Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)

Old Apr 9, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: WN RR, DL SM, Hilton, Marriott, National
Unable to cancel online, getting "Oh no! We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Have been trying "again later" all day. What gives? Wouldn't it be more efficient for all involved to have the online options working, instead of tying up phone lines and employee time? /rant

I guess I'll have to get in the phone queue.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Bluesman62
Unable to cancel online, getting "Oh no! We're sorry, but we are unable to process your request. Please try again later."

Have been trying "again later" all day. What gives? Wouldn't it be more efficient for all involved to have the online options working, instead of tying up phone lines and employee time? /rant

I guess I'll have to get in the phone queue.
I was trying to book a flight from MOB-ATL-MCO-ATL-MOB for my grandmother I got that same error message, had to call the GM line but there was no hold, three rings and I was connected.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 7:39 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I called the diamond line today and was able to get thru in 1 min hold time. The agent told me the call volume is going up as is booking for June and July
Old Apr 20, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
The past week, I made three phone calls and was connected to the Gold Medallion line in less that 2 or 3 minutes. Quite a stark contrast in March when the estimated hold/ waiting time was more than 24 hours! I could see the volume of calls generally being less than it was but I wonder if DL expanded their call center capacities as well?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by hikouki
The past week, I made three phone calls and was connected to the Gold Medallion line in less that 2 or 3 minutes. Quite a stark contrast in March when the estimated hold/ waiting time was more than 24 hours! I could see the volume of calls generally being less than it was but I wonder if DL expanded their call center capacities as well?
the Delta museum was turned into a res call center a about a month ago. In The photo I saw it was completely full of desk on the floor, under the plane,etc.
Old May 9, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Trying to get a hold of Delta because they did a schedule change that would make me miss my connection and the Gold line wait time is SEVEN HOURS.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old May 10, 2020, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Trying to get a hold of Delta because they did a schedule change that would make me miss my connection and the Gold line wait time is SEVEN HOURS.
Just do what I did last month and dropped a change request DM on Twitter before bed, went to sleep, and woke up 8 hours later to an accepted and completed request. Took them 7 hours to reply to a Twitter message, so it worked out well in my favor.
Old May 10, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I got the 4 hour wait time on the Diamond desk yesterday afternoon

Called this morning at 7:15 EDT and got right through
Old May 10, 2020, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by givionte
Just do what I did last month and dropped a change request DM on Twitter before bed, went to sleep, and woke up 8 hours later to an accepted and completed request. Took them 7 hours to reply to a Twitter message, so it worked out well in my favor.
I have a family member who's Diamond and so I ended up having them call and it was only a 31 minute callback time.
Old May 10, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Insane hold times

Been trying to call DL this weekend to address summer travel that can’t be cancelled online.

Current quoted hold time is 4:41. 😳

With no significant weather and few flights, they must have really cut down on agents.
Old May 10, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by emma dog
Been trying to call DL this weekend to address summer travel that can’t be cancelled online.

With no significant weather and few flights, they must have really cut down on agents.
The overwhelming majority of flights in June were cancelled yesterday. You chose the worst possible weekend. Give it a few days or maybe a week, things will return to normal
Old May 10, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
My wife (Plat) had to cancel a flight planned for later this week. Wanted to speak with an agent to get a refund rather than a credit. She called the plat line this morning and got a call-back in ~2 hours.
Old May 10, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by emma dog

Hi, Em
You're a captive there in the ultimate fortress hub. Just get the call back option, and wait for the call. I think during this COVID-19 situation, we've all endured hours long waits.
Good luck!
Old May 10, 2020, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sure is sounding like perhaps DL cut too much of the schedule and/or made too many connections impossible from the reductions... which is causing mass amounts of pax to call and cancel.
Old May 10, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Sure is sounding like perhaps DL cut too much of the schedule and/or made too many connections impossible from the reductions... which is causing mass amounts of pax to call and cancel.
I don't think so. Everyone was waiting for their flight to be officially cancelled so that they could get a refund instead of a credit. That happened yesterday, so now everyone is calling to request said refund. It'll settle down

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.