FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Is my flight cancelled? Showing sold out. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2011905-my-flight-cancelled-showing-sold-out.html)

DonnaL Mar 8, 2020 3:37 am

Is my flight cancelled? Showing sold out.

I have booked a trip to Las Vegas next month. Every so often, I will check to make sure there haven't been any changes, like time or plane change, etc. Tonight I went to see how many seats were left in my section and I could not find my flights. I then just looked for the first flight and it showed every class of seats (basic, main cabin, comfort, and first class) was sold out. But I checked a couple of days ago and there were plenty of seats. I don't understand why the outgoing flights are not be shown. I called Delta and the guy said his system is showing plenty of seats for DL 1458. He could not tell me why I am seeing 1458 sold out.

Would someone be willing to take a look and tell me if you see these flights?

April 15 TPA to LAS

Delta 1458 TPA to SLC
Delta 1295 SLC to LAS

If those flights are not showing up for you, could you just check this one flight: 1458 TPA to SLC? This is the one that shows completely sold out.

MinnTee Mar 8, 2020 4:19 am

Sold out across the board. Weird. If you go a week later, also sold out. I put in random dates and got not sold out May 21.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...44ee0f15f8.png

LoganFlyer Mar 8, 2020 4:31 am

This often happens when DL is planning to change the schedule but hasn't uploaded the new flights into the system yet; they'll mark the "old" flight as sold out so people can't buy seats until DL has sorted out the changes. DL usually does this over the weekend and everything is set by Monday morning. So I would wait until tomorrow (Monday) morning and if it's still looking weird, call again.

flyerCO Mar 8, 2020 4:33 am

It's schedule change Saturday.
. Wait till Monday and everything will likely still be the same as before. Never freak out when you see weird stuff on Saturday/Sunday. This is when DL does all their changes, and this can involve blocking all sesrs on a plane, zeroing out fare classes for sale, etc...

LondonElite Mar 8, 2020 4:36 am

It doesn't show as available to purchase in ExpertFlyer, but does show scheduled to fly. Strange...I think there is an IT glitch.

flyerCO Mar 8, 2020 4:44 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32155870)
It doesn't show as available to purchase in ExpertFlyer, but does show scheduled to fly. Strange...I think there is an IT glitch.

As I stated above, this isnt anything strange, this isnt an IT issue, this is simply "Schedule change Satirday." Read up about it in the main schedule change thread. These posts occur like clockwork every week or two during the processing.

DonnaL Mar 8, 2020 4:54 am

Thanks very much for the quick answers. I appreciate it.

I will check the schedule on Monday.

Frankly, I am hoping that they cancel 1458. About a week after I purchased that route, they added some flights and one was just perfect for what I wanted, but I would have to pay over $400 to change. It's now up to $600 more if I want to change.

ProfRB Mar 8, 2020 6:32 am

Hi DonnaL & welcome to FlyrerTalk! This is a great site for getting tips from travel pros who have been at it far longer than I have.

xliioper Mar 8, 2020 7:15 am

Suspect that DL is reducing TPA-SLC flight from daily to 4x weekly in April and just hasn't removed flights from system yet. The airlines are making a number of COVID related schedule reductions (UA just loaded a bunch of April reductions). You can see the availability pattern on Google Flights. This reduction didn't show up on OAG Changes post on airliners.net this week, but several other April cuts showed up there. Will probably be there next week.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e4bc048ed7.png

MSPeconomist Mar 8, 2020 11:07 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32155870)

As others here who are familiar with DL have said, this just reflects the normal DL process for implementing schedule changes. The airlines you're familiar with (apparently UA and BA) might handle schedule changes differently from the way DL manages its schedule changes.

paul_from_losangeles Mar 8, 2020 4:10 pm

Same sold-out blockage for LAX-JFK flight 1362 (red-eye MWThF) and JFK-LAX flight 454 (late-night MWThF), starting in late March and continuing into future months. Hopefully, this situation will be resolved during this coming week. My purchased trip on 1362 shows lots of available "change seats", but no new purchases are allowed.

LondonElite Mar 9, 2020 3:46 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 32156843)
As others here who are familiar with DL have said, this just reflects the normal DL process for implementing schedule changes. The airlines you're familiar with (apparently UA and BA) might handle schedule changes differently from the way DL manages its schedule changes.

That is probably right. I just found the treatment on EF odd.

DTWflyer Mar 9, 2020 7:58 am

I'm seeing the same thing on a few flights I have booked domestically in April.

Covid-19 cuts, they are zero'ing out inventory all over the place for April for close-in cuts.

The world has lost its frickin' mind over this damn flu.

ekozie Mar 9, 2020 12:33 pm

I was expecting a lot of this to clear up this AM after Schedule Change Saturday™ but there are still many zero'ed-out flights throughout the system.

xliioper Mar 9, 2020 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie (Post 32160979)
I was expecting a lot of this to clear up this AM after Schedule Change Saturday™ but there are still many zero'ed-out flights throughout the system.

The OAG changes thread on airliners.net for this past weekend only shows a few Delta April schedule cuts actually got loaded into the system. The thread shows United loaded many April cuts this past weekend. You can likely expect the bulk of the DL cuts to get loaded into the system next schedule change Saturday. For now, they are just zeroing out inventory until the cuts actually get loaded.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1442531