ATL-LIR internet service

Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
ATL-LIR internet service

Is there internet service on this flight? If yes, is it over the entire flight?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, all the 737's have 2Ku Wifi -- Official Delta B737-700/800/900 Mods Thread
https://www.gogoair.com/commercial/i...t-systems/2ku/
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Thank you. Next question: is there a discount available for the $28 global pass? Which is what I assume I will need for this segment, right?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Thank you. Next question: is there a discount available for the $28 global pass?
I don't remember seeing a Gogo discount since the BOGO on global gay passes ~4 years ago (but that's not to say there hasn't been one...)

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Which is what I assume I will need for this segment, right?
I would assume so since it's outside of North America but don't have personal experience.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Zorak
I would assume so since it's outside of North America but don't have personal experience.
Liberia, Costa Rica is in North America; not sure why a Global Day Pass would be needed.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:05 pm

Just flew this route the past weekend... there was internet service the entire way (well, until I fell asleep lol). I purchased the $16 day pass.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Liberia, Costa Rica is in North America; not sure why a Global Day Pass would be needed.
I was thinking of the distinction between that and Central America, and also the fact that the "buy" page for the North American Day Pass says

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ght-wi-fi.html

"This pass is valid on one or more flights providing 24 hours of continuous access and gives you unlimited Wi-Fi on all Gogo® equipped Delta flights in the US, Canada, Alaska and Mexico where network coverage exists."

However as we all know, the language on DL's web site can be haphazard and not match up to reality...

Originally Posted by priyarainelle
Just flew this route the past weekend... there was internet service the entire way (well, until I fell asleep lol). I purchased the $16 day pass.
... and there's no substitute for firsthand experience.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Costa Rica is in Central America, though someone else posted earlier that the $16 pass worked. I'll just get that one.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:38 pm

I've flown this route 6x now and the $16/day pass works. The internet is pretty decent on this route too, as long as you know what to expect from inflight WiFi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.