Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta credit policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Delta credit policy

I bought some delta seats using Chase UR and have written to Delta and they are considering. Usually when Delta agrees to a refund for Delta credit, is the credit to be used (actually fly) within 1 year of issue or simply book tickets within that 1 year giving you in essence about 1 year and 330 days?

Thank you
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM
If the original ticket was for domestic travel, all travel must be completed within one year of the original purchase date. If it is international travel, you must book
the new reservations and reticket within one year of the original purchase date. (Travel does not need to be completed within the one year)
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:57 am
Original Poster

It is international. Can the new reservation could be to any delta destination or delta-partner destination and I'll basically have approximately 23 months to complete travel? Thanks
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
If the original ticket was for domestic travel, all travel must be completed within one year of the original purchase date. If it is international travel, you must book
the new reservations and reticket within one year of the original purchase date. (Travel does not need to be completed within the one year)
Interesting. I was told for my Italy ticket that I had to cancel that I had one year from date of issue to complete travel. Would be huge if I had one year from date of issue to rebook.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by NHFL9
Interesting. I was told for my Italy ticket that I had to cancel that I had one year from date of issue to complete travel. Would be huge if I had one year from date of issue to rebook.
I think this is a relatively new policy and of course, some agents are not aware.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NHFL9
The rule for international is unused ticket is valid for travel upto 1 year from date of purchase. For partial flown tickets, the unused portion would be valid for travel upto 1 years from start of travel.

Jwhuffman
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:48 pm

From Delta's "Contract of Carriage: International https://www.delta.com/us/en/legal/co...iage-igr/#tick

E) Ticket Expiration

A ticket is valid for one year from the original date of issuance and travel must commence within this validity period. Once travel has commenced then all travel must be completed within one year from the date on which travel commenced. If a ticket is exchanged or reissued-

a) A wholly unused ticket must be exchanged within the original validity period of one year and will be given a new ticket issue date based on the date of exchange.

b) If travel has commenced then the ticket must be reissued and all travel completed within one year from the date on which travel commenced.

Note – certain fares may have different periods of validity, in which case the specific rules associated with the fare will take precedence.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
From Delta's "Contract of Carriage: International https://www.delta.com/us/en/legal/co...iage-igr/#tick

E) Ticket Expiration

A ticket is valid for one year from the original date of issuance and travel must commence within this validity period. Once travel has commenced then all travel must be completed within one year from the date on which travel commenced. If a ticket is exchanged or reissued-

a) A wholly unused ticket must be exchanged within the original validity period of one year and will be given a new ticket issue date based on the date of exchange.

b) If travel has commenced then the ticket must be reissued and all travel completed within one year from the date on which travel commenced.

Note – certain fares may have different periods of validity, in which case the specific rules associated with the fare will take precedence.
That is exactly what I said, just not the long-winded version.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by jwhuffman
That is exactly what I said, just not the long-winded version.
Sorry, I was just making it a bit more "official" in case someone was having a problem with a Delta agent. Since you were just agreeing
with me, there was probably no point in your first post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.