Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to add Flybe as codeshare partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to add Flybe as codeshare partner

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I flew on Flybe once, about 7-8 years ago, Belfast City (George Best) (BHD) to Birmingham (BHX). On that trip they used an EMB-190 with something like 120 seats. They boarded the flight through stairs at both the front and back doors. It was a quick, efficient, on time trip; my checked bag came off the belt quickly. For travelers using Britrailpasses to get around the island of Britain, BHX may be the best airport/rail connection in the UK, and Birmingham New Street is arguably the single best rail station in the UK in terms of connections, shopping, closeness to reasonably priced quality lodging, etc.

Flybe's routes will be a welcome addition to Delta/VS/AF/KL seamless service across the Atlantic.

I've connected to GLA via AMS on KL. Most UK airports are no more than 30-60 minutes from AMS.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Anyone stepping out of F on DL might have a bit of a shock when they see what their money buys them in a codeshare with BE. Get the popcorn ready for some of the threads that will inevitably appear in the DL forum.
eastindywalrus likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM
In January my flight from EDI-JFK was delayed, and Delta rerouted me on and Flybe and Virgin Atlantic ticket through LHR. It was not fun connecting from terminal 2 to terminal 3 at LHR. Between the usual LHR delays, waiting for an airside bus, going through security, etc., my 2 hour connection was barely enough time. It would be nice if Flybe could fly out of the same terminal as Delta & Virgin.

Agree with roberino. While it got me from point A to point B, that is about all I can say. The slogan on their planes boasts "Faster than road or rail." It is ... aspirational?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
I
Agree with roberino. While it got me from point A to point B, that is about all I can say. The slogan on their planes boasts "Faster than road or rail." It is ... aspirational?
Have you driven or taken the train from EDI-LHR recently?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It's too bad that they dropped NWI, otherwise I could have started using MAN as a connection point.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
I agree that BE's future as a company is not in jeopardy
I don’t know what gives you such assurance.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Biscoff27
In January my flight from EDI-JFK was delayed, and Delta rerouted me on and Flybe and Virgin Atlantic ticket through LHR. It was not fun connecting from terminal 2 to terminal 3 at LHR. Between the usual LHR delays, waiting for an airside bus, going through security, etc., my 2 hour connection was barely enough time. It would be nice if Flybe could fly out of the same terminal as Delta & Virgin.

They can't as T3 isn't set up to process domestic flights.

When VS had Little Red there was a bus that met Little Red flights and there was a direct T2-T3 transfer avoiding the conenctions process and security check. It's likely not worth reinstating it at present given the likely low number of passengers needing that sort of service. That could change when Flybe / Conenct are more integrated and more people using it for connections to DL/AF
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
I agree that BE's future as a company is not in jeopardy,
Flybe is on the brink again. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51733405
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by blagger
Flybe is on the brink again. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51733405
pretty much over the edge now
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51746564
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
pretty much over the edge now
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51746564
Joins JetAirways on the list of shortest lives Delta codeshares.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:17 pm

From the article linked above: "the airline believes it has enough financial resources to survive "until the end of this month"

My first (and last?) Flybe flight is CDG-EDI on March 17. Hope it survives until then. :-) BTW, oddly, the ticket says "operated by AirFrance". What's that all about?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:56 pm

Oh well, apparently they didn't make it to the end of the month. Flybe shut down tonight: https://news.sky.com/story/flybe-bos...ation-11949899
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Yup, read that one wrong. Looks like the VS consortium really didn't care enough to support the airline.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pfreet
From the article linked above: "the airline believes it has enough financial resources to survive "until the end of this month"

My first (and last?) Flybe flight is CDG-EDI on March 17. Hope it survives until then. :-) BTW, oddly, the ticket says "operated by AirFrance". What's that all about?
It means you're flying AF not flybe. You were booked using a codeshare number.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It means you're flying AF not flybe. You were booked using a codeshare number.
I'm guessing that the ticket stock might matter in terms of whether the person is flying AF or not at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.