You Know You Love Delta When...

Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Ordhater
You know you love Delta when you fly from Houston to Los Angeles via Atlanta.
This is no joke, one time I had a long ATL layover and I started looking at connecting flight boards out of curiosity and found someone doing SNA-ATL-ELP.... (before SLC-ELP was a thing)
Ordhater likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ordhater
You know you love Delta when you fly from Houston to Los Angeles via Atlanta.
You know you love DL (and PMNW) when you fly to Asia from MSP via DTW to be able to ride the overhead red train, maybe to walk through the psychedelic tunnel, and previously to visit your signed rock (RIP).
ilovemiles and Ordhater like this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:16 am

When you fly MCO-JFK-MIA to avoid spending an hour on an AA plane...
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Now that's impressive!
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
DCA based. DL is definitely not the easy option, but I'd rather connect through ATL, MSP, DTW over riding on an AA or UA plane.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
DCA based. DL is definitely not the easy option, but I'd rather connect through ATL, MSP, DTW over riding on an AA or UA plane.
Yep, same here. I'm frequently routing through ATL for my international and domestic flights rather than taking the direct United flight out of IAD. I'd rather kill 2 hours in ATL at the bar at Ecco than deal with IAD and United.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Is driving to Miami from Orlando really that bad to merit taking a twice as long routing? DL is supposed to start a non-stop MCO-MIA on 5/4 (COVID-19 could definitely impact this however).
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tubesoxs
Yep, same here. I'm frequently routing through ATL for my international and domestic flights rather than taking the direct United flight out of IAD. I'd rather kill 2 hours in ATL at the bar at Ecco than deal with IAD and United.
Don't you like the free (or luxury) bar in the F SC? Or the SkyDeck?
Old Apr 1, 2020, 6:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Worth it though, the DCA SC is one of the best in the system (and my personal favorite) and better than any other lounge there.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
.... when you tell the shower attendant at a Sky Club w/ showers how much you LOVE the lotion and they gift you with two bottles. AND they did it for the sheer joy of customer satisfaction but I still tipped them, SHHHHHHH!!!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't you like the free (or luxury) bar in the F SC? Or the SkyDeck?
I do - especially the SkyDeck - but I really don't like the Sky club food so I normally head in there after I have a sandwich or an app at Ecco. I just enjoy sitting at the bar in there; once I had a nice dinner up at the bar with Ed Sheeran and his friends the day after he did a concert in Atlanta. My only complaint is the autotip that is added to your bill.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
With you on that one, love DL way more than the competition and glad I live at one of their hubs. I like UA but I could never be loyal to AA with the amount of times they screwed me over.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.