Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Laguardia proximity to Centarion lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:08 am
Original Poster

I see the AMEX centarion lounge is in Term B, and we Fly Delta Term D... Is this possible to get to get to since it is pre security? I would hate to have to leave the lounge an hour early just to get through security. We are Pre-check.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:01 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
You'll have to leave the lounge early to get from B to D, which cannot be walked and must be done via inter-terminal buses that go through the major construction zone and possibly heavily-congested traffic. I wouldn't bother.
TerryK and cmd320 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingston_ny
..............I would hate to have to leave the lounge an hour early just to get through security. We are Pre-check.
With need to take shuttle bus and going thru construction, one hour prior is about right if not tight. I would only go if I have two hours or more to spare.

Last edited by TerryK; Feb 24, 2020 at 9:12 am
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:27 am

It really isn’t worth going to unless you have a huge chunk of time or happen to be coming into terminal b for some reason. I don’t think the club is that great. As others have said you need to take the shuttle between terminals. While traffic has gotten a little better it can be unpredictable. Some of the new gates in terminal D Are a hike from security. Assuming you want to be at the gate 40 minutes prior to flight time which is when boarding starts you should be at terminal d an hour before flight time, ten minutes for security ten minutes to get to the gate. I would be hesitant to leave less than 30 minutes to get from b to d. So you would need to leave the club 90 minutes prior to you flight. Now if you don’t mind taking risk you could cut it closer but LGA isn’t an airport where cutting it close tends to work in a predictable fashion.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
It's not worth going to the Centurion Lounge if you are flying DL. LGA is such a PITA right now, you'd have to arrive so early (which may disqualify you from entry -- most clubs only let you in 3 hours before departure) and then leave a ton of time to change terminals (at least 2 hours since you'll have to take the shuttle and clear security at the Delta gates plus walk to your gate). Haven't been to the LGA Centurion Lounge in a while but my recollection from my last visit is that the hassle is just not worth it.

Assuming you have an AMEX Plat (for access) you can just use the DL SkyClub instead.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So first it's leave the Centurion lounge 1 hour before your flight, next it's 90 minutes, and now it's 2 hours?!

Bottom line -- in nearly all cases it's just not worth doing this. Even if you had plenty of time, who wants to intentionally have to deal with a LGA inter-terminal shuttle bus that may or may not arrive??
Just go to the SkyClub. The F&B isn't as good, but it's fine.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ijgordon
So first it's leave the Centurion lounge 1 hour before your flight, next it's 90 minutes, and now it's 2 hours?!

Bottom line -- in nearly all cases it's just not worth doing this. Even if you had plenty of time, who wants to intentionally have to deal with a LGA inter-terminal shuttle bus that may or may not arrive??
Just go to the SkyClub. The F&B isn't as good, but it's fine.
I think the key is that the construction makes walking impossible. I used to regularly get dropped off at B to enjoy the Centurion lounge years ago, and then simply walk back to C/D in less than 10 minutes with my carry-on bag. If that's no longer possible, then I agree it's probably not worth it without a long layover.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
It’s really all dependent on how long you have there. If you have 4 hours then sure, go to the Centurion Lounge for a couple and head over to the SkyClub for a couple. If you only have an hour, just go to the SC. As others have stated, you can’t walk between terminals anymore and the bus between terminals is possibly one of the most repulsive ground experiences I’ve ever had at any airport in the world.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I was just on the M60 MTA bus which goes from B to D and if that comes before the airport shuttle you can just hop on that for free.....B to D only took like 5 minutes today....I was shocked how quickly we made it over to D.

The SkyClub food in D has gotten a lot better and it’s a big club so prob just not worth it (I’ve never been to the AmEx Lounge though).
Old Feb 24, 2020, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I was just on the M60 MTA bus which goes from B to D and if that comes before the airport shuttle you can just hop on that for free....
Don't pay fare doesn't mean it is free. M60 is European style Select Bus Service where you self pay at stop before boarding. Drivers don't check for fare but there are MTA inspectors who check receipts and issue fines ($100) from time to time. I have encountered them before.
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.