Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gogo wifi--logging in now touch and go

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
Gogo wifi--logging in now touch and go

All,

Has anyone else seen more difificulty logging in and accessing (vs. ongoing speed) on Gogo in the last week or so?

I did 6 DL award segments in Jan, and am back on 15+ revenue segments in Feb.

Until about late last week, typical Gogo performance (better on big planes), but always able to login with my monthly pass or my phone via T-Mobile.

Over the last week, really difficult to log in, PC, Mac, iPhone, and iPad instead stick on a screen that only says "What language" with a drop-down.

Anecdotal evidence would correlate to then the new web subdomain suddenly became wifi... vs. airborne/airbornesecure?

Anyone else experience this? or not?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Per friends in the OCC, GoGo had a systemwide outage affecting all airlines today. I'd guess there's been issues all week lately related to this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
All,

Has anyone else seen more difificulty logging in and accessing (vs. ongoing speed) on Gogo in the last week or so?

I did 6 DL award segments in Jan, and am back on 15+ revenue segments in Feb.

Until about late last week, typical Gogo performance (better on big planes), but always able to login with my monthly pass or my phone via T-Mobile.

Over the last week, really difficult to log in, PC, Mac, iPhone, and iPad instead stick on a screen that only says "What language" with a drop-down.

Anecdotal evidence would correlate to then the new web subdomain suddenly became wifi... vs. airborne/airbornesecure?

Dumb question but with your monthly pass are you able to use the upgraded 2Ku for streaming on those flights that are enabled? I'm grandfathered into the Gogo all airlines pass that I pay yearly for (they stopped offering this option to new customers a few years ago) and I have yet to be able to stream even on flights that are enabled with the service. It doesn't even offer an upgrade option at log-in, which is frustrating.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83
Dumb question but with your monthly pass are you able to use the upgraded 2Ku for streaming on those flights that are enabled? I'm grandfathered into the Gogo all airlines pass that I pay yearly for (they stopped offering this option to new customers a few years ago) and I have yet to be able to stream even on flights that are enabled with the service. It doesn't even offer an upgrade option at log-in, which is frustrating.
I didn't think DL did the stream v surf division. I know KLM does, but don't remember it on DL. You get whatever speed the equipment onboard allows. The only issue with passes, is that the monthly passes you can buy when on domestic flights dont work when on international . You have to buy a one time pass or buy a brand new monthly international pass (which does include domestic flights).
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:48 am

Couldn’t connect on either flight Friday nor my redeye just now.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I flew three segments yesterday (Saturday):

B772
B75D
CR9
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I have found in the last two months that I have to fiddle a lot more to get the signing screen to show up. Sometimes I have to go to DeltaWiFi dot com, sometimes that gives me some silly ad for a Dutch book, and I have to try one of the airborne.goginflight urls and hope for the best.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:11 am

Programs: Delta
Anyone have trouble with GoGo in the past 24 hours? Flying trans-pac on Wednesday and really need a connection during flight, even if just for an hour or so.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nishimark
Anyone have trouble with GoGo in the past 24 hours? Flying trans-pac on Wednesday and really need a connection during flight, even if just for an hour or so.
Depending on where you're at in flight, it may not be available. (Due to being too far North or country flying through)
Old Feb 25, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by PersonalFlotationDevice
All,

I had no problems with connection or speed on 2/21, 2/22, and today in the western US.

If you cannot connect to Gogo and get to the login screen....
1. Forget the "Delta WiFi" wireless network and then reconnect to it.
2. If the automatic browser gogo browser tab does not open (or gets stuck), try a fresh browser window (maybe even the browser that was loaded in your OS that you never use ) and type in "airborne.gogoinflight.com" in the URL bar.
3. Clear browser cookies and repeat #2 .
4. While I have never had to do this for Gogo access, restarting the computer at least shows it who's the boss, and you could always get lucky with that approach.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I have found in the last two months that I have to fiddle a lot more to get the signing screen to show up. Sometimes I have to go to DeltaWiFi dot com, sometimes that gives me some silly ad for a Dutch book, and I have to try one of the airborne.goginflight urls and hope for the best.
I bookmark the login and never had an issue in the last year except for an ancient MD 88:

http://airborne.gogoinflight.com/
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
Yeah, I used to do the airborne.gogo... or sometimes https://airborne.gogo... or even 10.0.0.1, generally with no difficulties (I fly 80ish segments a year, and have had the monthly pass for years).

Still had problems on a shuttle to BOS this week.

My entirely anecdotal experience suggests the troubles correlate when a lot of the login screens default to wifi.gogo... vs. the old airborne.gogo... URLs.

How are others doing?
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I didn't think DL did the stream v surf division. I know KLM does, but don't remember it on DL. You get whatever speed the equipment onboard allows. The only issue with passes, is that the monthly passes you can buy when on domestic flights dont work when on international . You have to buy a one time pass or buy a brand new monthly international pass (which does include domestic flights).
Verified on my most recent flight. DL did indeed offer both a surf and a stream version. (I have pass and didnt realize it apparently). When I clicked on the link for terms of the domestic monthly pass, it stated that speed would vary when on planes without upgraded equipment. Thus it does indeed get you the stream level (which is why I never realized DL had a difference like KLM)
Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Just type in: Disney.com and all will work
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta
Flew Seattle to Tokyo yesterday (Feb. 26/27) and GoGo worked fine. Week before on flight from Incheon to Seattle the system was down throughout and FAs noted that it had been down for a couple of days, at least on that plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.