FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Best SkyClub - Your thoughts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2010039-best-skyclub-your-thoughts.html)

mr_hoff Feb 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Best SkyClub - Your thoughts

Lots of threads about worst SkyClub … too crowded, bad/no food, service … how about something positive.

What's your favorite SkyClub ???

For me, it's a toss-up between CVG and MCO. Both are very comfortable (with out-of-the-ordinary furniture), very good service, relatively quiet, etc.

Duke787 Feb 21, 2020 12:56 pm

SEA A SkyClub is at the top for me and SFO is up there too.

The new Austin one was nice during my one visit but I could see it getting crowded at peak times.

ProfRB Feb 21, 2020 1:28 pm

I love CVG. Plenty of space; over-the-top nice staff, great facilities, lots of natural light and big windows. I almost never get the option when booking flights to connect through CVG anymore -- and really wish I did.

matchbox20_is Feb 21, 2020 1:32 pm

SEA, JFK T4, ATL F I like. I've never been to the CVG one before, sounds great!

FlyBitcoin Feb 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Have you been at MCO around school holidays right before the bank of Virgin flights is ready to leave? Brutal. Although I did meet Nick Faldo there once.

I'm partial to lack of crowds and no need for stairs or elevator. That would be PHX, EWR, ATL E (not F due to better crowd flow around the bar/food).

And whichever one is serving the Wicked Thai soup that day.

MCO Flyer Feb 21, 2020 1:40 pm

DCA is my favorite as it has great views overlooking the airfield and the Washington D.C. skyline and has some of the best SC staff that I’ve experienced.

eneq Feb 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin (Post 32098127)
Have you been at MCO around school holidays right before the bank of Virgin flights is ready to leave? Brutal. Although I did meet Nick Faldo there once.

I'm partial to lack of crowds and no need for stairs or elevator. That would be PHX, EWR, ATL E (not F due to better crowd flow around the bar/food).

And whichever one is serving the Wicked Thai soup that day.

Interesting you mention ATL E for lack of crowds. Every time I've been there, its packed. Plus, the low ceilings can make it really loud sometimes.

jdrtravel Feb 21, 2020 1:55 pm

SFO and SEA. I have not been to the AUS club yet, but it looks great.

In general I think that the latest generation (I think starting with the new SFO club) are all excellent clubs.

ajggiant Feb 21, 2020 1:55 pm

Agree on CVG. It is like an un-SkyClub. No soaring ceilings, spa, or any other of the "prototypical" SkyClub bells and whistles that feature so prominently in the ads (Wait, they may have had jackfruit). But visiting last week they hot dogs, local bags of potato chips (help from CVG on the brand?) and a fully stocked ice cream freezer. The Club is big and furniture spread out and a very easy place to find a quiet spot to work or relax. It isn't crowded. And everyone is super friendly. So, basically everything you actually need* in a SkyClub (plus some jackfruit). *Though I do appreciate SkyDecks and showers, neither of which are at CVG.

Ordhater Feb 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Another vote for SEA terminal A. Just the clam chowder would probably put it on top of my list.

I'm also really fond of the PBI club. It's small but has a great staff and good food selection.

KDCAflyer Feb 21, 2020 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by ajggiant (Post 32098187)
Agree on CVG. It is like an un-SkyClub. No soaring ceilings, spa, or any other of the "prototypical" SkyClub bells and whistles that feature so prominently in the ads (Wait, they may have had jackfruit). But visiting last week they hot dogs, local bags of potato chips (help from CVG on the brand?) and a fully stocked ice cream freezer. The Club is big and furniture spread out and a very easy place to find a quiet spot to work or relax. It isn't crowded. And everyone is super friendly. So, basically everything you actually need* in a SkyClub (plus some jackfruit). *Though I do appreciate SkyDecks and showers, neither of which are at CVG.

Grippo's chips are great. CVG is a great club for sure. It doesn't have all of the sleek amenities of the flagship locations, but it's quiet and has good food.

SFTNYC Feb 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by eneq (Post 32098173)
Interesting you mention ATL E for lack of crowds. Every time I've been there, its packed. Plus, the low ceilings can make it really loud sometimes.

I think most locations are rather pleasant when not crowded - ATL E is no exception (it's uncomfortably packed during the transatlantic push, especially in the summer).

CVG is like a blast from the past (in a good way) though I'm sure the feeling of spaciousness comes from the number of departing seats at concourse B decreasing substantially over the years but it reminds me of when the lounges were more business-like (anybody remember the US Airways clubs from the late 1990s - dark wood and grey leather everywhere).

In addition to those others have mentioned, I'd like to add MSP-C and DTW B/C - two of the few remaining NW-style lounges, yet I've never seen them uncomfortably crowded (not saying it doesn't happen).

nystateofmind Feb 21, 2020 2:33 pm

The PBI Sky Club is underrated. Some really nice bartenders and good food selection. Bonus points for frequent Air Force One sightings.

ElmhurstNick Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm

For a real hub, SEA is the best in my opinion. AUS is close when the weather is nice and you gain extra seating outside, but it's not the best club for getting work done.

If you are there offpeak, the common use table at DCA is a fantastic way to spend a morning working remotely. But the overall layout is a bit of a jigsaw puzzle, and at peak times it is a zoo.

goldmedallionflyer Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm

SEA-A and SFO are my two current favs. I miss the shrimp+broth that was served in Jan, replaced with some strange artsy version of mac-n-cheese for most all of Feb at SFO. the Ivar's chowder is pretty nice at SEA, and often warrants a quick stop-in upon arrival home in the evening when not arriving into South terminal.

Back in the early to mid-2000s CVG was a 2x weekly stop for me as I connected BOS-CVG-somewhere-CVG-BOS. I spent way too many hours there waiting for what was typically a delayed connection.