Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best SkyClub - Your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Definitely SFO for the views and food! Most definitely FLL for the agents and personal care of passengers.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DCA is my favorite
MCO Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Yeah I don't get DCA. They spend all this money to build a proper kitchen and then manage to have the worst food in the system. From what I've heard, individual station managers have influence over the SC food offerings and DCA's must not give AF.

It's been the same garbage breakfast and carb bomb focaccia bread sandwiches since it reopened. Seriously the food pre-remodel was better.
I was ready to love DCA post-remodel: the space, the views, the staff. But then... the boring food. And then the other morning at 6am: rave music blaring throughout. It was not super loud but it was so awful that after asking to have it turned off / down and being told that wasn't possible, I grabbed a to-go coffee and went to the gate to hang out, where even the blasting commercial TV was less irritating than the din in the SC.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Yeah I don't get DCA. They spend all this money to build a proper kitchen and then manage to have the worst food in the system. From what I've heard, individual station managers have influence over the SC food offerings and DCA's must not give AF.

It's been the same garbage breakfast and carb bomb focaccia bread sandwiches since it reopened. Seriously the food pre-remodel was better.
When did DCA ditch the hot food (it’s been 2 months since my last trip there)? They usually have the same offerings every time I go there (especially around breakfast), but I kind of like that as I always know what to expect. My favorite feature of DCA is that they actually have a self-serve soda machine that actually works unlike LAX T2 or ATL B which is nice when I don’t want a drink from the bar.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I was ready to love DCA post-remodel: the space, the views, the staff. But then... the boring food. And then the other morning at 6am: rave music blaring throughout. It was not super loud but it was so awful that after asking to have it turned off / down and being told that wasn't possible, I grabbed a to-go coffee and went to the gate to hang out, where even the blasting commercial TV was less irritating than the din in the SC.
Have you been recently? There are plenty of healthy options and lots of salad options. The blue cheese Mac n cheese is delish and I love that Thai broth with a squeeze of lime....yum!

The DCA club even does unique things like passed around tacos on national taco day and custom passed cocktails.....the staff even walk around asking if you’d like a refill so you don’t have to get up.

The views are outstanding too.....I could chill there all day.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Whichever one doesn't have the abysmal sweet tasting and thin Bloody Mary mix. They all seem to have it so, I guess whichever one is not overcrowded that day and doesn't have adults acting like children. Also every club I have ever visited doesn't have Seagrams 7.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Have you been recently? There are plenty of healthy options and lots of salad options. The blue cheese Mac n cheese is delish and I love that Thai broth with a squeeze of lime....yum!

The DCA club even does unique things like passed around tacos on national taco day and custom passed cocktails.....the staff even walk around asking if you’d like a refill so you don’t have to get up.

The views are outstanding too.....I could chill there all day.
Yes, I was there on Wednesday at 6am. Agree on the views. It's my home airport so I know how repetitive the food, tasty as the MacnCheese is. Those "sandwiches" are just Godawful. But it was the music the other day that got my goat. Rave music at 6am. Who does that to the morning coffee?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Yes, I was there on Wednesday at 6am. Agree on the views. It's my home airport so I know how repetitive the food, tasty as the MacnCheese is. Those "sandwiches" are just Godawful. But it was the music the other day that got my goat. Rave music at 6am. Who does that to the morning coffee?

Do you travel with noise cancelling headphones?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Favorite: ATL F, very nice, spacious lounge with great views and love that SkyDeck
Least Favorite: ATL D27, pretty small especially for a hub airport SkyClub and imo has a pretty dingy feel since it is underground and no views of anything.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Least favorite is definitely SCL (not SLC). That place is putrid.
nogophers likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
JFK T4. Haven't been there in a couple years but used to love the staff at MIA.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Do you travel with noise cancelling headphones?
Not really the point. Does *anybody* leaving DCA at 6am on a weekday really want to listen to rave music while having their morning coffee?
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta DM
Flying United today for the first time in years. No status. No lounge access. Paid $9 for a muffin and a cup of joe. I'd take SC at ATL B right about now. Oh the things we take for granted.

Flying UA because they have a NS flight and I needed to use up my money in travelbank.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Changes coming to CVG

Being CVG based, I agree with all of the votes for our SkyClub. The old decor and layout are part of its attraction. However, I was in there Tues afternoon last week and saw the signs about an upcoming remodel. Curious if they are going to follow the theme of the “white” sterile renovations or more like the new SkyClub at AUS.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm curious about those who had MCO on their list? I always thought I was on the set of the Golden Girls when in that club. I was there a few weeks ago and other than some leather on the chairs, that place seemed untouched since 2001...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.