Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Same here. My Business Reserve closed on 9/10. The Bonus MQMs and RDMs posted to my DL SkyMiles Account. The AMEX Status Boost Update, DL Android APP and DL Web Page have not updated.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Same here. My Business Reserve closed on 9/10. The Bonus MQMs and RDMs posted to my DL SkyMiles Account. The AMEX Status Boost Update, DL Android APP and DL Web Page have not updated.
I've already called in and they are researching it, but it would be great to have others do it too so that they know there is a problem. My statement closing dates are the 7th and 8th of the month.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:47 am

Similar situation for me. I have Reserve and Platinum cards. About the time I signed up for MQM/RDM offer, status boost tracker for both cards stopped updating. Card spend in Delta app has continued to update. I should have received an MQM miles boost from Reserve card spending by now but I have not. Statements close at the end of the month. Two days ago, I chatted with CS agent and was told it would be resolved in 72 hours but I am not counting on it since this appears to be a larger issue for more people than just me. Good to know I am not the only one.
SNAGuy likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Add me to the list--Status Boost tracker stalled out about the time I signed up for the bonus miles program. Also should have had a Status Boost hit when last statement closed on 09/13. Talked to an AMEX rep who could see the problem, but had no solution. Giving it a couple days then if not sorted I'll be calling back.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by SNAGuy
I'm noticing the same thing with my spend level not appearing in "Status Boost Tracker".

Just out of curiosity, how many here that are having the same issue are ALSO enrolled in the MQM bonus program that came our a few weeks ago?

I've received those MQM's and bonus miles but have not seen my spending increase in my Boost Tracker.
Ditto. Seems to have stalled around the time that I enrolled in the bonus. It has updated at least once--not sure if it was related to statement close. On the bright side, I'm actually closer to the boost than I originally thought thanks to some large purchases
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Gold
Beta Mode ?!

I checked with the online chat and was told the track your boost was in "beta testing mode" and
only updated once a month at statement closing. Wow!!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by slcdc
I checked with the online chat and was told the track your boost was in "beta testing mode" and
only updated once a month at statement closing. Wow!!
I swear chat reps just make stuff up sometimes
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:42 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
I just did a live chat with an AMEX rep as well. I passed the $30K spending threshold and I'm due 15,000 MQM's. He said he'd "open a ticket" on the tracker not updating. He also said that they've passed all of my spending info on to Delta and I need to contact Delta to find out when my MQM's will be credited. Sounds like he was just trying to close out the chat session.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Thats the same boat Im in.
Same issue here as well. We're going to need a bigger boat.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Taz
I just did a live chat with an AMEX rep as well. I passed the $30K spending threshold and I'm due 15,000 MQM's. He said he'd "open a ticket" on the tracker not updating. He also said that they've passed all of my spending info on to Delta and I need to contact Delta to find out when my MQM's will be credited. Sounds like he was just trying to close out the chat session.
Sounds frustrating... one of those cases where Delta tells you to contact AmEx, and AmEx tells you to contact Delta? "It's not our fault, it's theirs...."
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:47 am
Taz

Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Sounds frustrating... one of those cases where Delta tells you to contact AmEx, and AmEx tells you to contact Delta? "It's not our fault, it's theirs...."
That's exactly it. I contacted Delta, they said if they'd gotten the info from AMEX, they would've given me the miles. I pointed out that the Fly Delta app DOES have the correct spending level. Then they sent me a link to select whether or not I want the miles in my account or given to someone else. I couldn't make a selection. So now, according to Delta, that means that AMEX hasn't sent them the info and I need to go back to them. Back to AMEX and all I got was "we'll open a ticket but you should see them within 8-12 weeks". I know this isn't specifically related to the tracker not updating, but I can't help but believe it's a part of the problem. Something is awry with their processing.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by shidden
Similar situation for me. I have Reserve and Platinum cards. About the time I signed up for MQM/RDM offer, status boost tracker for both cards stopped updating. Card spend in Delta app has continued to update. I should have received an MQM miles boost from Reserve card spending by now but I have not. Statements close at the end of the month. Two days ago, I chatted with CS agent and was told it would be resolved in 72 hours but I am not counting on it since this appears to be a larger issue for more people than just me. Good to know I am not the only one.
The saga continues. Since it has been more than 72 hours, I chatted with CS rep at AMEX again. This time I was told that I had to wait till statement closes (at end of the month) for expected MQM miles boost for reaching spending threshold on my Reserve card (wasn't that way before for first MQM miles boost?). Also said an investigation was opened into why status trackers for Reserve and Platinum cards are not updating.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 10:29 am
Taz

Originally Posted by shidden
The saga continues. Since it has been more than 72 hours, I chatted with CS rep at AMEX again. This time I was told that I had to wait till statement closes (at end of the month) for expected MQM miles boost for reaching spending threshold on my Reserve card (wasn't that way before for first MQM miles boost?). Also said an investigation was opened into why status trackers for Reserve and Platinum cards are not updating.
I passed the threshold for the Reserve card in my previous statement cycle and still haven't gotten them. Delta and AMEX keeping pointing the finger at each other.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
I think this problem has been confirmed from many customers (myself included).
You have to remember that in any big organization above a few hundred employees it is almost impossible to quickly implement changes / fix errors in software and update some dashboard that a user sees.
There are boring bureaucratic review processes that must be respected.
So, for problems like that I don't have expectations for any speedy solutions. They must know the root cause within the first day, the rest of it is jumping through hoops respecting the process.
The customer service reps serve as a buffer - no point in pressing them harder.
One day everything will be magically updated again.

I am impatient to see my remaining target as well
SNAGuy and jjangoo like this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Firstboss
I am impatient to see my remaining target as well
Assuming that it indeed reliably updates at every statement close, presumably one can add their charges thus far on the current statement to the amount on the tracker?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.