Wiki Posts
Search

Dasani water

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Dasani water

For the first time ever, or at least in a very very long time, I’m flying Delta. I usually fly American, but today I realized that this issue spans across all US airlines. Every single airline uses Dasani water. I don’t know about you guys, but I hate Dasani water with a passion. It’s disgusting, especially when I’m sitting in first class. Does anyone know why Dasani is the water brand of choice for Delta and other airlines?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
Originally Posted by ggonzaga
Does anyone know why Dasani is the water brand of choice for Delta and other airlines?
Uh, because it's a Coca Cola brand and most airlines carry Coca Cola products?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:44 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1776222-hall-rants-whats-most-random-pathetic-thing-you-can-complain-about.html
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Bottled water is bottled water. Period
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I disagree. Every brand has its own taste. Deer Park and Dasani taste vastly different IMO.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL-Pyrite Medallion
Originally Posted by eneq
I disagree. Every brand has its own taste. Deer Park and Dasani taste vastly different IMO.
Deer Park is actual spring water. Dasani is "Purified Water" (Pepsi's Auqafina is also 'purified')
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:17 pm

BYOW. Bring Your Own Water.
SJC ORD LDR, Thysk, ryw and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:18 pm

Yeah, stick to AA, when you sit in First on AA they don’t insult you with lowbrow water left on your seat!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by bubbashow
not at all, I would rather drink tap water than Dasani. Bottled water for me is Fiji or Aqua Panna, Dasani and Aquafina are nothing like them.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:21 pm

not at all, I would rather drink tap water than Dasani. Bottled water for me is Fiji or Aqua Panna, Dasani and Aquafina are nothing like them.
Dasani IS tap water, so there you go.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Coca Cola is why Dasani -- and you'll never see that change for Delta.

I assume B6 serves Aquafina after they switched to Pepsi.

Well for starters Fiji and Acqua Panna are bottled natural spring water, Dasani and Aquafina are filtered / purified water and combined with successful marketing is why the former command a price premium over the latter.

DL serves other brands outside of the US.

As a whole, Evian is probably the closest thing to Fiji / Acqua Panna that I've seen on any airline though Acqua Panna is now owned by Nestle (via San Pellegrino) so it's conceivable it could be on a plane in the future though in all likelihood you'd just see generic Nestle brand water before seeing Acqua Panna
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
BYOW. Bring Your Own Water.
Great suggestion! If Dasani is such a problem, OP should just pack a bunch of 3 oz bottles of water from home
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread is an ode to the power of marketing.
hhdl, sky303, ryw and 9 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
IMO, bottled water is wasteful for the most part. The US has a very clean public water supply which travels by pipe. Bottled water requires the use of a container (usually oil based plastic) and transporation (usually operated by an oil based fuel). Importing it from another continent is even more wasteful. Granted, an airplane is one of the places where there is no really clean water supply, but if you don't like what they serve you, just bring your own bottle and fill it past security.

Of course, if you happen to live in Flint, MI; ignore this post.
MfromL, Yucca, Pittie Pup and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:23 pm
GRG

Programs: DL SM
Originally Posted by Garrett Mozingo
Interesting, What bottled water would you have them serve?
I'm guessing the OP would prefer something other than some city's municipal water supply that's been run through an RO system and then had the natural minerals it removed added back in to give it "flavor", and I 100% agree. Dasani and Aquafina are both disgusting. Any brand of spring water would do...Deer Park, Zephyr Hills, Ice Mountain, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.