Old Feb 14, 20, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Aquafina is by far the worst.
Old Feb 14, 20, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: SkyMiles, Global Entry, Non-Rev
Originally Posted by eneq View Post
I disagree. Every brand has its own taste. Deer Park and Dasani taste vastly different IMO.
Deer Park is rated alongside Dasani & Aquafina as being the worst.
Old Feb 14, 20, 6:31 pm

Programs: American Airlines ExecPlat, Asiana Diamond, Delta Platinum
Family Guy had it right on the money.
Old Feb 14, 20, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Bottled water in the U.S. has one commonality: striving to taste like nothing. For me, still water (like Dasani) is 'nothing' that goes down like lead. I only drink sparkling water, so I always leave the Dasani untouched and ask for a sparkling water, and get the Seagrams club soda that tastes like nothing, but with bubbles.

To get a water with genuine mineral character in the U.S., you have to get water imported from Italy or France, where they aren't scared of losing market share because their water actually tastes like something (something being significant mineral content; though I once got a Canadian spring water at a grocer in Chattanooga - - Ice River Green - - that was GREAT). French waters have a bicarbonate bias; Italian/Croatian waters mostly magnesium; German waters are a wide range from bicarbonate to calcium/magnesium to even sulphur. If American palates weren't so nothing-centered and vapidly oriented, and afraid of any actual genuine flavor experience (see: fast food and french fries) except for falling for what you get from adding phony chemicals from International Flavors & Fragrances to make it taste like perfume, there might be some water actually worth drinking in the New World. In the meantime: there's Woodford.
RealHJ and cmd320 like this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:27 pm

Rank bottled water brands

Someone please rank bottled water in the order of quality please.

Aquapanna, Evian, Fiji, Voss, Arrowhead, Poland Spg, Crystal Springs, Dasai, Bon Aqua, Aquafinna.

What's the best? I can't tell much difference btwn the first 3. Never tried Voss.
I'm sure Bon Aqua, Aquafinna, Dasai are towards the bottom.
Worried about the really flimsy plastic that Arrowhead comes in... potential toxicity issues above certain storage temp.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn View Post

Aquapanna, Evian, Fiji, Voss, Arrowhead, Poland Spg, Crystal Springs, Dasai, Bon Aqua, Aquafinna.

What's the best? I can't tell much difference btwn the first 3. Never tried Voss.
Worried about the really flimsy plastic that Arrowhead comes in... potential toxicity issues above certain storage temp.
Personally my preference is the order you listed:
1) Acqua Panna
2) Evian
3) Fiji
evergrn likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn View Post

This ranking would only be valid to me IMHO if It was a blind taste test. Iíd dare say all those going on and on here about how good one is and bad another is wouldnít be able to guess their ďfavoriteĒ one.
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by BenA View Post
Coke adds magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, and salt to Dasani to give it a proprietary taste; this has been really successful and it is the top-selling bottled water brand in the US (so it isn't hugely surprising that most airlines choose to provide it onboard as part of their Coke contract). I tend to agree it isn't my favorite formulation, but it isn't so far off the taste of tap water that I find it to be a dealbreaker.

There are two other brands of water the Coca-Cola Company sells - Aquarius, which is a more neutral tasting water at a lower price point, and Glaceau Smartwater, a premium competitor to Fiji/Voss/etc.
(Or, you could do the sustainable thing and bring a water bottle from home that you fill up post-security. Many SkyClubs now have a filtered water tap that works great for this, and airports are starting to provide fill stations as well.)
I preferred Aquarius to Dasani. I wish DL would still serve that in Y, plus it would save them money.

I actually prefer to fill stations in the Sky Club to the ones in most airports. I think it has to do with the filters that are used.
Old Feb 14, 20, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by SpinzCity View Post
Bottled water in the U.S. has one commonality: striving to taste like nothing.
Can't imagine what the American taste-like-nothing water palate would think of real mineral water, like Borjomi for example.

If DL wasn't so incredibly cheap, it could do what some other airlines do and feature at least one mineral water from each country they fly to in the lounge, so you can literally visit the lounge 20 times and each time drink different - truly different taste and feel - water.

This is what the water section in an airline lounge should be like.
Old Feb 14, 20, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320 View Post
Personally my preference is the order you listed:
1) Acqua Panna
2) Evian
3) Fiji
+1. If Iím traveling for work I usually splurge on a big bottle of Evian or Fiji at the airport to take on the plane since Iím on a per diem
Old Feb 14, 20, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA Gold, Marriott LT Plat
"You know where bottled water comes from? There's a couple, in Pittsburgh, who sits in a bathtub, and fills those [expletive] up!"

- Lewis Black

(and I love that rant of his even more because I'm originally from PIT, and when I saw his act live in PIT, he substituted Erie during the skit )
Duke787 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 9:22 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K
On DL in particular this will absolutely never, never, ever change, because Dasani is a Coca-Cola product, and both Coke and Delta are headquartered in Atlanta.
Old Feb 14, 20, 9:46 pm

So buy the water that you like and take it on board. See, problem solved. That wasn't hard was it?
Old Feb 15, 20, 2:27 am

I usually only drink the small Daisani bottles if I am so thirsty I can't wait till they take my PDB order. I just wish the darn bottles were chilled. I hate warm tap water.
Old Feb 15, 20, 5:06 am

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hfb606 View Post
So buy the water that you like and take it on board. See, problem solved. That wasn't hard was it?
Canít really be done with the 3oz liquid issue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: