Wiki Posts
Search

360 on Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 360, Marriott Ambassador
360 on Upgrade List

I'm a DM and first time 360. I am on a domestic flight tomorrow out of MSP and am 3rd on the UG list. Is it safe to assume that the 2 above me are also 360s or on a RUC or something else? Just curious as I figured as a 360 I would top most domestic flights. Appreciate any insights
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Silver
I’d wager they’re on certificates.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pokerloser949
I'm a DM and first time 360. I am on a domestic flight tomorrow out of MSP and am 3rd on the UG list. Is it safe to assume that the 2 above me are also 360s or on a RUC or something else? Just curious as I figured as a 360 I would top most domestic flights. Appreciate any insights
Where are you flying to and how many were on the list in total? If it is a transcon then I'd assume its someone using a RUC or GUC above you.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Delta has never said that 360s have a higher upgrade priority than other Diamonds. It is possible that they are just in a higher fare class or have other tiebreaker.
rucksack, CPMaverick and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
If you're flying to BOS we're using RUCs (last flights before they expire). (We're using RUCs even if you're not flying to BOS, but then we aren't the ones ahead of you.)
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Where are you flying to and how many were on the list in total? If it is a transcon then I'd assume its someone using a RUC or GUC above you.
Flying to West coast and about 30 on the list so far.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ethernal
Delta has never said that 360s have a higher upgrade priority than other Diamonds. It is possible that they are just in a higher fare class or have other tiebreaker.
They actually do tell us that and I confirmed last night on the 360 line. Looks like its a combo of another 360 with a tie breaker and 2 RUCs.
mayhem, btonkid12345 and BenA like this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:16 am

They actually do tell us that and I confirmed last night on the 360 line. Looks like its a combo of another 360 with a tie breaker and 2 RUCs.
What do they actually say? I believe the line is "highest upgrade priority".. which is true, it is the highest along with all other Diamonds.

I have personally been above a 360 on the upgrade list before without using a RUC (I had a Reserve card, he didn't). This was about a year ago. It's possible something has changed, but I have seen zero evidence that 360s have higher upgrade priority.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
What do they actually say? I believe the line is "highest upgrade priority".. which is true, it is the highest along with all other Diamonds.

I have personally been above a 360 on the upgrade list before without using a RUC (I had a Reserve card, he didn't). This was about a year ago. It's possible something has changed, but I have seen zero evidence that 360s have higher upgrade priority.
We do. Sorry.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by mayhem
We do. Sorry.

...I have personally been above a 360 on the upgrade list before without using a RUC (I had a Reserve card, he didn't). ....
I take that with a good amount of salt. probably a 'false' 360, or someone who got added late to the flight and - not very unusual - delta upgrade glitch caught them out
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM

Originally Posted by jeet

I take that with a good amount of salt. probably a 'false' 360, or someone who got added late to the flight and - not very unusual - delta upgrade glitch caught them out
it would certainly add some value to the Reserve card if that brings you to the top of the list.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:14 am
Original Poster

After talking to a manager on the 360 line she confirmed that 360's are put above all DM's and the card is only a tie breaker for other 360's. The reserve card is a high tie breaker between DM's with all other things among them being equal (fare class, etc..), but would not put a DM above a 360 on the UG list. She also confirmed that a RUC would put someone above a 360 and she confirmed that is the case with the specific flight I am on today.
jordbr01 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Delta's upgrade system seems to be super glitchy, with incorrect priority reported all of the time on FT. It could simply be that. I've been able to call in before and point out a problem and had an upgrade forced by a supervisor.
cmx likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:24 am

to add.. a 360 on award ticket or any flavor of PWM will still trump a DM with full Y fare.
mayhem, BenA and jordbr01 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:47 am

If all of that is true then that is good to know - it makes 360 slightly less worthless. Doesn't impact me though as even if I moved my United J spend I'd still be at only $50-60K annual spend which doesn't get close to sniffing 360 out of Atlanta.

Is this a recent change? My colleague was definitely not a fake 360 when this occurred - he had been commuting weekly from ATL to LHR weekly the year before and probably had around $150K in spend. Again, it was about a year ago. We were both on H fares, ATL-PDX. Perhaps it was an upgrade glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.