Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Row 20 or Row 25 in Premium Select on A350

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum

I am so torn with which row to choose when I fly Delta Premium Select from DTW to HND.

Both my husband and I are tall, over 5' 11", so I initially thought, row 20 all the way. But the more reviews I read about the tv screen in the armrest and the reduced seat width, I am wondering if I should pick the back corner in row 25. I like the idea of being a little tucked in the corner and the screens on the seat back of the row 24. I really don't like looking down at the smaller screens that pop out of armrests. But, then again, the bulkhead on row 20 seems to have so much more legroom, which would be nice since we are both on the taller side.

Is there anything else I am missing about these two rows? Seats AB are both available in rows 20 and 25. So front or back?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL PM
Good question! While I haven’t sat in row 25 before, I did experience 20A on a DTW-PEK flight and found it to be very spacious. I don’t recall the screen being obtrusive, and the (almost) infinite legroom was a huge benefit (I’m 6-4”).

Not sure if these photos of my seat are helpful or not, but here ya go!

Happy travels!
Elizabeth208 and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Does the aisle armrest go down?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:18 pm

I am actually 5'11 on the dot and have sat in both bulkhead PS and actually the row behind bulkhead. I personally find the bulkhead the best choice when choosing PS.

One, if you sit aisle in a non-bulkhead seat, you have to get up each time the window wants out and if you sit window you have to ask the aisle person to get out. However, I like the screen bring eye level.

If you sit bulkhead, you get more leg room and I find I can get in more comfy positions in bulkhead compared to a regular seat. One down side to me is the screen is lower so you look down longer.

Just my two cents...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
that screen appears to be larger than armrest mounted screens on domestic planes. was that the case, or is it just the way it appears in the photo?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Does the aisle armrest go down?
I couldn't get mine to go down.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
The aisle armrests in PS on a 359 go down. I vote for row 20 every time.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I'm 6'4 and can't speak on PE on the DL A350 specifically but recently flew in PE on the AA 777-200 in the bulkhead, which based on pictures, is pretty similar in most respects to what is on the A350 in DL's PE. I found the legroom adequate. I also found the bulkhead row, I could get up from the window seat without my wife having to get out of her seat. I doubt that would the case in any other row, especially if the person in front of you is reclined. The armrest-mounted tv screen didn't bother me and I didn't have any issues with slightly reduced seat-width (granted I'm also pretty skinny for my height).
blitzcon and Elizabeth208 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
The aisle armrests in PS on a 359 go down. I vote for row 20 every time.
what’s the secret handshake to lower it?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by TomMM
what’s the secret handshake to lower it?
https://renespoints.boardingarea.com...espoints-blog/

Best image I could find.
Elizabeth208 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Ouch, feel like a fool. Spent a good amount of time trying to figure out if it lowered while flying DTW-ICN and never bent over and looked at the front.....
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
Originally Posted by TomMM
Ouch, feel like a fool. Spent a good amount of time trying to figure out if it lowered while flying DTW-ICN and never bent over and looked at the front.....
That's understandable. The wife and I flew the 777 version of this, connecting to Paris and back last year. I was the only person who ever lowered the armrest that I saw. We sat in 20A/B and LOVED the room. I am not sure the seat width is reduced in any noticeable way. We would do row 20 again in a heartbeat! You can't pre-order in this cabin yet so getting first choice of food helps too!
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I just did RDU-LHR in the new AA PE bulkhead, and the armrest does the same thing. It was absolutely fantastic (plus I happen to even like their MIQ seats even in domestic F). So seeing this on the DL 350 (and I presume the 764) tips me over to DL metal instead of VS where the seat is wide but the bulkhead legroom isn't great especially on the 747.

The only problem is that RDU-CDG is still a PS-less 763, so it looks like I need to find some routings from DTW or ATL to Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.