Delta B767-400 seating question

Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Delta B767-400 seating question

Can someone give me insight into which version of the 764 these seats are? I have a trip from ATL-SEA rt in April with the wife for a little break and can't correlate this with what I've been used to in the past.

It looks different from the window seat with table either closer or farther from the aisle so could it possibly be an aircraft with the new suites?

I cant really get a feel as presently all I'm seeing on FR24 is DL flying B752 and 739's for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for you help

CJ

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Feb 6, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, National Exec. Elite
Is premium select offered on this flight? If yes, then I believe it is one of the updated 764s. They don't have true suites, but a new seat that is designed similarly to the suites minus the door. If not, I can't help you determine the aircraft type, but it will be the old "Business Elite" type seats.

Also, when booking, there is usually a red "banner" near the flight number that indicates "new interior" on the planes that have been upgraded.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:47 pm

It actually looks like the 767 400 with suites but I can’t see how many rows there are or where the second bathroom is, the Redone planes have nine rows rather than ten and a bathroom on the left in the front and on the right at the back. The even number seats have the tray between you in the aisle however this isn’t the way it shows on the seat map.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fishwiz
Is premium select offered on this flight? If yes, then I believe it is one of the updated 764s. They don't have true suites, but a new seat that is designed similarly to the suites minus the door. If not, I can't help you determine the aircraft type, but it will be the old "Business Elite" type seats.

Also, when booking, there is usually a red "banner" near the flight number that indicates "new interior" on the planes that have been upgraded.
I didn't see the banner but know of what you speak. Also, C+ from what I can tell.

Originally Posted by tennessetom
It actually looks like the 767 400 with suites but I can’t see how many rows there are or where the second bathroom is, the Redone planes have nine rows rather than ten and a bathroom on the left in the front and on the right at the back. The even number seats have the tray between you in the aisle however this isn’t the way it shows on the seat map.
10 rows

Last edited by RetiredATLATC; Feb 6, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tennessetom
I thought the 76D the odd rows had the tray between the seat and aisle.

Old Feb 6, 2020, 7:38 pm

It really sounds like an old interior (no premium select, and 10 rows of D1), but these little details on the seat look different than what I'm used to seeing... Almost like like privacy walls that are installed in the new 764 D1 seats.

Still... I'm thinking it's the old interior still.

RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Actually now I'm even more confused (shocker).

When I tried a dummy booking it only offered C+, however when clicking on the view aircraft layout on the site, it only shows 9 rows of first, and also PS and C+.

Also, when going into select my seat it shows 10 rows

So now I really don't know.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:45 am

Despite the seat maps on delta both reviews and a YouTube video made for delta training show the even numbered rows closest to the window.

From what I’ve read they are refitting the international planes first. I’m booked on one this month. It has the red “new interior” banner on the flight, shows 9 rows and C+.

All that being said, the plane type can change. Pick a seat you’d be satisfied with no matter what type.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Ezzy77
All that being said, the plane type can change. Pick a seat you’d be satisfied with no matter what type.
Unless you're trying to book in PS. That's what I did recently and when they switched back to using an old plane (between ATL-SCL) there was no longer and PS seats on the plane (a seat that I paid for). I posted a thread thread about this scenario several weeks ago if you're interested.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
Does anyone have a recommendation about C+ row 30 (C+ bulkhead) on the refurbished 764s? Legroom, seat width, etc...?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: WP
Flew the retrofitted 764 to LHR last week. In D1, even number seats are closer to the window, odd numbers are closer to the aisle. The new D1 seat is a tight squeeze, at least the IFE screen is nice
Ezzy77 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 7:19 am
Original Poster

I'm going to stick with EF and the actual seat selection map (10 rows of D1) and disregard the view layout map.

Thanks for everyone's input.

CJ
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
For a non-international, daytime flight I would take 1B and 1C anyway (if flying upfront and want to sit side by side) in which case it's irrelevant whether old or new. No reason row 1 should be yellow in the seat reviews -- best row on the 764 (bulkhead means biggest footwell and on non-international daytime flight, the possibility of galley traffic or light from the galley is irrelevant).
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by island82
The new D1 seat is a tight squeeze, at least the IFE screen is nice
I flew on a 764 with the new seats 3 weeks ago, and I gotta agree on both of your points. I'm tall, but pretty average sized waist/chest and the seat felt narrow to me. I can imagine that it wouldn't be great for someone with a larger frame. And the IFE screen isn't good, it's GREAT! I mean better than my TV at home - large and with super good resolution. Normally I wouldn't even notice a screen, but this was really THAT good.
Ezzy77 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
For a non-international, daytime flight I would take 1B and 1C anyway (if flying upfront and want to sit side by side) in which case it's irrelevant whether old or new. No reason row 1 should be yellow in the seat reviews -- best row on the 764 (bulkhead means biggest footwell and on non-international daytime flight, the possibility of galley traffic or light from the galley is irrelevant).
On the 763, 1B/C are the most forward seats (offset a bit further forward than 1A/D), and are pretty close to the lavatory doors. I would definitely avoid 1B/C on the 763s.

On the 764 original configuration, 1B/C are set a little further back from 1A/D, but the lavatories are at the rear of the business class cabin anyway. You're a bit close to the galley, but on a daytime flight that's probably not that big of a deal.

I haven't been on the reconfigured 764; the seats have clearly been moved around. There is a lav up front, but it looks like it's forward of door 1L so shouldn't be too close to row 1 seats, although it's possible that 1B could look directly into the lav -- something I wouldn't enjoy. Would be interesting to get more real color on the layout and any updated warnings about bad seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.