Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Air France, KLM, Delta and Virgin Atlantic launch world’s leading partnership

Old Feb 3, 20, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Million Miler. Hilton Diamond

This looks interesting.

https://news.delta.com/air-france-kl...ng-partnership

Air France, KLM, Delta and Virgin Atlantic have launched their expanded joint venture offering a greater choice of routes and loyalty options when travelling between Europe, the U.K. and North America.
Old Feb 3, 20, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xcelus View Post
This looks interesting.
https://news.delta.com/air-france-kl...ng-partnership

Air France, KLM, Delta and Virgin Atlantic have launched their expanded joint venture offering a greater choice of routes and loyalty options when travelling between Europe, the U.K. and North America.
So have they got written-signed testimonials from other (competing) airlines that this is the "world’s leading partnership".
Or just advertising hype?
Audeclis likes this.
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:21 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Delta already had separate joint ventures with AF/KL and VS. It sounds like this will now be a single joint venture for all four airlines. I think those most likely to benefit are VS/AF/KL customers, particularly elites, who will have more trans-Atlantic options based on this statement. "Enhanced customer benefits starting Feb. 13 mean that loyalty program members will be able to earn and use miles or enjoy elite benefits for flights on any of the four airlines’ worldwide operations..." I could see this being especially useful for VS elites in the UK for travel to mainland Europe.
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:33 am

I wonder if this changes any MQM/MQS/MQD calculations...
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plt / LTG, Amtrak Select+
Optimistic view: Yay! Upgrades on European carriers, better MQM/MQS/MQD calculations, same day flight changes, flexibility with changing tickets, streamlined upgrade and premium economy policy for medallions

Pessimistic View: Crap, more people to compete with upgrades on

Now... Delta... share some more specifics.. please
Old Feb 4, 20, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post
Optimistic view: Yay! Upgrades on European carriers, better MQM/MQS/MQD calculations, same day flight changes, flexibility with changing tickets, streamlined upgrade and premium economy policy for medallions

They aren’t joining up in order to give you more upgrades, rest assured.
lsquare, Mr. Tickets and NoleATL like this.
Old Feb 4, 20, 9:03 am

I don't think a ton with change from the North America/Delta side of things. DL was partners with AF/KL and partners with VS. They've just now combined them into one partnership. So FlyingBlue people will be able to earn on VS, and vice versa.
Old Feb 4, 20, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Jeremy3292 View Post
I wonder if this changes any MQM/MQS/MQD calculations...
They were already all Tier 1/Core partners, so it seems unlikely there will be any changes there. Hopefully, this now means one can earn miles on AF/KL coded VS flights which had been a pretty glaring hole due to VS not being a Skyteam member. However, they haven't made any changes to their earnings pages yet.
Old Feb 4, 20, 9:15 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post

I don't see any of those things listed in your optimistic view happening. DL already has partnerships and JVs with all these airlines and none of these have happened. I also don't see your pessimistic view happening either. Their elites are already UG eligible but only on day of departure and below FO.
Old Feb 4, 20, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM
Deleted.
Old Feb 4, 20, 11:27 pm

So will I now earn MQM if I book a flight op. by VS on an AF or KL code?
Old Feb 5, 20, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain View Post
So will I now earn MQM if I book a flight op. by VS on an AF or KL code?
Not till they announce that. Right now nothing has changed in that regard.
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Feb 5, 20, 1:21 am

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, QF-GLD, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I'm surprised that they aren't calling this a 'Flagship' partnership

I wish VA would join in on this. AF/KLM don't fly to Australia and there would be a lot of potential to connect in HKG, Tokyo, or even DPS.
Old Feb 5, 20, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plt / LTG, Amtrak Select+
Originally Posted by mattp1987 View Post
I don't see any of those things listed in your optimistic view happening. DL already has partnerships and JVs with all these airlines and none of these have happened. I also don't see your pessimistic view happening either. Their elites are already UG eligible but only on day of departure and below FO.
What do you see happening with the partnership then?
Old Feb 5, 20, 9:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I don't get why VS doesn't just join Skyteam...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: