Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL B Sky Club - Worst club at a hub?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Agreed I love the JFK T2 club as it has everything you need including showers and I’ve never seen it overcrowded. My favorite feature is the “balcony” seats that overlook the gate area so if your flight is going out of C63-C67, you can when boarding is about to occur.
Used JFK T2 twice this weekend. Plenty of open seats, no wait to check in or at bar or buffet, food completely stocked. About as diametrically opposes to the ATL B experience as you can get
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
ATL-B is a hot mess more often than not. Its only really tolerable at off-peak times like Tuesday evenings or Wednesday afternoons. Agree with everyone else's sentiments. Looks good for marketing photos and the big windows, but functionally it stinks. Unless I have a B-B connection, I avoid this club.

ATL-T is decent and tends to be relatively quiet, except for in the mornings before about 10am. Since DL tends to put a lot of O&D focused business heavy flights out of T in the morning, this club tends to get a disproportionate amount of use. The slow / small elevator situation is a bit problematic at peak times as there will be lines 20+ deep on both levels to enter/leave and there is no stair access that isn't a alarmed fire exit.

ATL-C is kind of cool as its a bit different in decor and tends to be relatively quiet, at least compared to B
ATL-A also doesn't tend to be that crowded, although I find there always tend to be a bunch of eclectic individuals and/or blowhards hanging out at the bar in that club.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Justin026
Also, why can’t Delta get their IT to recognize when the ticket being presented was purchased with the qualifying AMEX and get those people through the entry more quickly?
On flights I took back in November 2019 and in January 2020, when I scanned my boarding pass from the Delta app at the Sky Club entrance, the attendant welcomed me by name and told me there was no need to remove my card and present it. So, clearly there is some type of 'connection' that enabled that verification. I just assumed it was because my AMEX was saved in My Wallet within the Delta app.

As to what you propose, just because the purchase was made with a qualifying AMEX card, that does not mean the person presenting the ticket is the one that purchased it. Plenty of folks purchase tickets for others and those others, who are actually flying, might have no credentials that would allow Sky Club access.
HeadInTheClouds likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Justin026
Also, why can’t Delta get their IT to recognize when the ticket being presented was purchased with the qualifying AMEX and get those people through the entry more quickly?
As long as the qualifying card is loaded into your Delta profile as a payment card (in ‘my wallet’), it will be linked and is not necessary to present separately for club entry. Tickets don’t need to be purchased with said card. alabama334guy has it exactly right.
alabama334guy likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
As long as the qualifying card is loaded into your Delta profile as a payment card (in ‘my wallet’), it will be linked and is not necessary to present separately for club entry. Tickets don’t need to be purchased with said card. alabama334guy has it exactly right.
This isn’t true. The Delta Authorized User (or secondary) Reserve Card won’t work with the card stored in that persons SM “wallet” and must be physically presented every time for access.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
ATL-B is a hot mess more often than not. Its only really tolerable at off-peak times like Tuesday evenings or Wednesday afternoons. Agree with everyone else's sentiments. Looks good for marketing photos and the big windows, but functionally it stinks. Unless I have a B-B connection, I avoid this club.

ATL-T is decent and tends to be relatively quiet, except for in the mornings before about 10am. Since DL tends to put a lot of O&D focused business heavy flights out of T in the morning, this club tends to get a disproportionate amount of use. The slow / small elevator situation is a bit problematic at peak times as there will be lines 20+ deep on both levels to enter/leave and there is no stair access that isn't a alarmed fire exit.

ATL-C is kind of cool as its a bit different in decor and tends to be relatively quiet, at least compared to B
ATL-A also doesn't tend to be that crowded, although I find there always tend to be a bunch of eclectic individuals and/or blowhards hanging out at the bar in that club.
I've also noticed this about the ATL-A bar. I also don't like A for having what seems a never-updated menu (like it's a SkyClub from 5 years ago).

Agree that they need to do something about the elevator to the T club.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I've also noticed this about the ATL-A bar. I also don't like A for having what seems a never-updated menu (like it's a SkyClub from 5 years ago).

Agree that they need to do something about the elevator to the T club.
OK folks, enough with the generalizations about "the ATL-A" club/bar. Remember, there are two SkyClubs at the A gates
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
This isn’t true. The Delta Authorized User (or secondary) Reserve Card won’t work with the card stored in that persons SM “wallet” and must be physically presented every time for access.
I can confirm this. I tried to enter Mrs. SHIB's Reserve card number in her profile twice, only to be told later by Club staff that it was never going to work. DL IT, at it again.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I can confirm this. I tried to enter Mrs. SHIB's Reserve card number in her profile twice, only to be told later by Club staff that it was never going to work. DL IT, at it again.
I recently asked a SC agent about this as well (at ATL B nonetheless ) and specifically mentioned how this works fine with the AMEX Plat, only to be told “the AMEX Plat must always be presented when checking in at the club.” I asked another SC agent later in a different club and she agreed that this does work on the AMEX Plat but wasn’t sure why it’s not working with the reserve. She encouraged me to fill out the online comments/complaints forum to which I never received a response from anyone.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Saw this posted on reddit today with the title: ATL Terminal B SkyClub restrooms closed for four weeks of renovations

I mean I didn't need another reason to avoid this club when I pass through in a couple weeks, but, yeah just gonna nope out of this situation.

Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
JFK T4 has a similar sign up but the existing bathrooms are still open....who on earth decided that a whopping 3 private bathrooms would be enough for a club of this size (speaking of JFK T4 but guessing ATL-B is along the same lines)....I haven’t seen one free in my last 3 club visits. Hopefully ATL-B is getting more as well.

To totally close the bathrooms at ATL-B....should be a fun sight in the mornings after all that coffee.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Perhaps they’re expanding them? One can hope...
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Saw this posted on reddit today with the title: ATL Terminal B SkyClub restrooms closed for four weeks of renovations

I mean I didn't need another reason to avoid this club when I pass through in a couple weeks, but, yeah just gonna nope out of this situation.

Lol we did it. Nice job FlyerTalk.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cmd320
Perhaps they’re expanding them? One can hope...
Expanding and redesigning the fixtures would be nice.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Lol we did it. Nice job FlyerTalk.
This is like the SC in DEN where you have to exit the SC to get to the bathrooms which are open to the public.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.