Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL B Sky Club - Worst club at a hub?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
The bathroom at B is never not disgusting.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 6:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Worst? I don't believe so, but woefully undersized for the busiest delta terminal (Delta's words) in the Atlanta airport. Delta spent millions of dollars on that facility because the two original clubs on that concourse were just too small. I think Delta totally missed the calculations on usage for the "new" B club. I really wish they had kept the other two open and just added the new club. Talk to the staff of the other clubs at ATL and they will tell you they hate it too.

Yes, something needs to be done with the B club and hopefully Delta is reading this. Perhap do like DTW and open two new clubs at the ends of the B concourse. Perhaps on top or perhaps at tarmac level. Include a deck with open air. Or maybe consider using some of the hilarious wasted space in the the new club of ceiling height. Add loft area of seating on each side extending a third of the way into the club. Or maybe stop overcrowding the club.

So, yes. Something needs to be done.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
AUS is my favorite SC. Puts all the others in ATL to shame.
That’s a great lounge and my favorite DL lounge in the system. I don’t fly out of there often, but the last time was for a trip to BOS which DL flies nonstop from AUS but not SAT. Flight departs at 6 so I was there when it opened at 5 and had the whole SkyDeck to myself for breakfast before I passed out in my window seat for the early morning flight.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
That’s a great lounge and my favorite DL lounge in the system. I don’t fly out of there often, but the last time was for a trip to BOS which DL flies nonstop from AUS but not SAT. Flight departs at 6 so I was there when it opened at 5 and had the whole SkyDeck to myself for breakfast before I passed out in my window seat for the early morning flight.
I'm lucky enough to live close to both at the Bexar/Guadalupe county line on I10. Thanks to toll 130, AUS is only about 15-20 minutes further drive. With KLM starting service to AUS, I think my SAT trips will be less and less.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
It's been a long time since I've been to EWR but that was the worst club I can remember. Is it still open or did they ever build a new one?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I'm surprised there's not more comments about the worst part of this club...the bathrooms. Terribly designed, always broken, always pee on the floor, always a line, etc.
Typical wong gender mistaken use
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
It's been a long time since I've been to EWR but that was the worst club I can remember. Is it still open or did they ever build a new one?
Newish build and it’s fairly nice
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:46 am

I've really started liking T the best of the TABCD options. The wall of TV's is nice and they seem to have better food options such as taco bars. The bar is small but it doesn't get too crowded in there.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by JTE458
I've really started liking T the best of the TABCD options. The wall of TV's is nice and they seem to have better food options such as taco bars. The bar is small but it doesn't get too crowded in there.
Yep. A big fan of T, especially after the remodel.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:36 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
EWR is a really nice one. Small but has a good lay out and decent seating. I am in the NYC area several times a month and avoid EWR primarily to the frequent "pre check lite" that the delta terminal offers. cant sand that. Yes, thats an odd reason to pick an airport, but it is a factor for me.

Also, I am a big fan of the SFO skyclub. May be my fav in the domestic system.
Atlantarita likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JTE458
I love it when my DCA assignments come around as those flights almost always go out of T! Best domestic SC in ATL!
JTE458 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
This place is far from the worst. The MSP F/G Club, LAX T3 Club, and SLC clubs are all much worse IMO. At least SLC will get a new lounge this fall with the new airport. As for LAX, they had a decent club in T5 and managed to move into even a more dumpy spot in T3. Ugh.
I was in SLC last Friday - What an absolute disaster the Sky Club is. I have never, ever seen it that crowded. Now I get that it was the end of the Sundance Film Festival - but I wonder if they shouldn't consider limiting regular AMEX card holders or people bringing in guests, or families of five... Something has to be done as the new airport won't open for at least 9 more months. I hear the new club will be their biggest in the system - can't come soon enough!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by dmarge18
I'm surprised there's not more comments about the worst part of this club...the bathrooms. Terribly designed, always broken, always pee on the floor, always a line, etc.
I've long stopped going to the B club but can't ever remember the bathrooms being clean. It's truly disgusting.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
I was in SLC last Friday - What an absolute disaster the Sky Club is. I have never, ever seen it that crowded. Now I get that it was the end of the Sundance Film Festival - but I wonder if they shouldn't consider limiting regular AMEX card holders or people bringing in guests, or families of five... Something has to be done as the new airport won't open for at least 9 more months. I hear the new club will be their biggest in the system - can't come soon enough!
No one is going to make any changes to the current airport unless something is completely inoperable and it is causing flights to be delayed. The new airport is due in 223 days 14 hours. They have a counter on their website.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Typical wong gender mistaken use
huh? What are you trying to say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.