Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL B Sky Club - Worst club at a hub?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Most of the issues with this club are crowd related. There are far worse clubs in terms of physical space and appearance. LAX T3, JFK T2, ATL D11 all come to mind.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, United Silver, SW A List, Bonvoy Titanium
I know Delta doesn't care, but I am very iffy on renewing my employer-paid SkyClub membership this year -- mainly because of the ATL clubs where I most often connect. I frequently have < 60 minute connections that are between gates on B, so it doesn't make sense to go to another concourse. I just want somewhere quiet to sit and work, preferably with an outlet, and something cold to drink and maybe a snack along with a clean bathroom. B rarely delivers on this.

I am not a big drinker, so the self-service soda machine or water machine not working is a pain...as is not having ice in it or glassware and having to drink out of paper cup, which is the norm. I also have food allergies and the food in B is a 100% chance of cross contamination, even the vegetables with the volume and the way it is not maintained.
MCO Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'm surprised there's not more comments about the worst part of this club...the bathrooms. Terribly designed, always broken, always pee on the floor, always a line, etc.
apodo77, Atlantarita and MCO Flyer like this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by TuxTom
Most of the issues with this club are crowd related. There are far worse clubs in terms of physical space and appearance. LAX T3, JFK T2, ATL D11 all come to mind.
The only reason I can think of to prefer ATL B over JFK T2 is the tarmac view.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Atlantarita
I know Delta doesn't care, but I am very iffy on renewing my employer-paid SkyClub membership this year -- mainly because of the ATL clubs where I most often connect. I frequently have < 60 minute connections that are between gates on B, so it doesn't make sense to go to another concourse. I just want somewhere quiet to sit and work, preferably with an outlet, and something cold to drink and maybe a snack along with a clean bathroom. B rarely delivers on this.

I am not a big drinker, so the self-service soda machine or water machine not working is a pain...as is not having ice in it or glassware and having to drink out of paper cup, which is the norm. I also have food allergies and the food in B is a 100% chance of cross contamination, even the vegetables with the volume and the way it is not maintained.
This right here! I also lately have been having 60 min layovers in ATL within B so I often don’t have much of a choice when choosing what club I want to go to. I wish that when the B club becomes overcrowded, DL would restrict access to those only departing from the B gates. I feel that this would help with the crowding as I often here the agents tell others entering the club a departure gate not in the B concourse. I don’t know why anyone would want to visit the B SC when not departing from there, unless they’ve been drinking too much of the DL Kool-Aid about the “B flagship club status.”

Originally Posted by TuxTom
JFK T2 is light years better than ATL B.
JesseRohr and Atlantarita like this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantarita

your connections are under 60 minutes, but you just gotta have a lounge for a few minutes?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I made the mistake last year of seeking out the B SkyClub on one of my rate ATL layovers- the Club is simply too crowded and suffers from wear and tear. I promptly went back to the T Gate Club, where my flight was actually leaving from

The SkyClubs I have enjoyed the most in ATL are Concource F, T Gates and C if I remember correctly

Almost all issues with SkyClubs are driven by crowding - however this is the same issue as almost all domestic clubs. No real solution in the current economic climate

I know people give JFK T2 grief, but I think it is fine, bartenders are good, etc
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, United Silver, SW A List, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mctaste
your connections are under 60 minutes, but you just gotta have a lounge for a few minutes?
I know I shouldn't reply since you are just trolling, but hey, I have time. Why does it matter to you how I spend my time? The 60 minutes, as I clock it, is from leaving one plane to boarding the next, so I have a solid hour to get ahead on work. Even if it were less, with going from gate-to-gate in the B concourse, I still could have 30+ minutes in the lounge. Also, I often have longer connections. Not that it is any of your business, and it doesn't change the fact that the B SkyClub in Atlanta is overcrowded and very likely Delta's worst club at any of its hubs.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
I always avoid B.
Just the queue to get in last time was enough to make me never want to come back. Just because they have that long hallway before check-in doesn't mean they need to populate it with their paying customers waiting in line.
It's either T or F for me.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Delta should have kept the other two clubs on B open in addition to the new club.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
I always avoid B.
Just the queue to get in last time was enough to make me never want to come back. Just because they have that long hallway before check-in doesn't mean they need to populate it with their paying customers waiting in line.
It's either T or F for me.
This was the wait on my last visit to B with the line backing up almost all the way to the stairs. No agent with a handheld device in the lobby scanning boarding passes and only two other agents were working the desk.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
E is my favorite, followed by F at ATL. Just flew in from SEA and the SC there is prob. in my top 3.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Delta should have kept the other two clubs on B open in addition to the new club.
This is the answer. Or at least one of them, preferably not the tiny bus station one (B10 or whatever it was?).
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:48 pm

AUS is my favorite SC. Puts all the others in ATL to shame.
droopydog likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
This place is far from the worst. The MSP F/G Club, LAX T3 Club, and SLC clubs are all much worse IMO. At least SLC will get a new lounge this fall with the new airport. As for LAX, they had a decent club in T5 and managed to move into even a more dumpy spot in T3. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.