Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Inconsistent Delta Comfort+ Experiences

Inconsistent Delta Comfort+ Experiences

Old Feb 2, 20, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Remember that C+ is not some form of premium economy. If you are a taller person, a bit of extra legroom is nice and if you want some booze, it's nice not to pay. But, there is no special hard or soft product for C+ domestic.
There's a bit of a difference with the soft product for C+ domestic: the snack basket.
Old Feb 2, 20, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTG, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fliesdelta View Post
There's a bit of a difference with the soft product for C+ domestic: the snack basket.
Only on flights of a certain length (think it's over 600 miles to get the snack basket?). My recent C+ flights up and down the East Coast (BOS, NYC + DTW) have all been no snack basket, just the standard Y snack options
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:28 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Duke787 View Post
Only on flights of a certain length (think it's over 600 miles to get the snack basket?). My recent C+ flights up and down the East Coast (BOS, NYC + DTW) have all been no snack basket, just the standard Y snack options
It's the same as the requirements for meals in F, flights over 900 miles and "select routes under 900 miles".
Old Feb 3, 20, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHG, MG
Originally Posted by mattp1987 View Post
It's the same as the requirements for meals in F, flights over 900 miles and "select routes under 900 miles".
Even on the same route the snack basket service is inconsistent: No snack basket RWS-ATL on outbound, but snack basket on the return flight the next day. Plenty of time and no turbulence issues etc that would affect service level on the outbound.
Old Feb 3, 20, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHG, MG
Originally Posted by Schelaine View Post
Hi All. I am noticing my Delta Comfort + seats are often just as uncomfortable as the main/economy experience. Particularly frustrating is I keep getting upgraded to Comfort + window seats with no window and at the crease of the plane where there is a seam of the wall that protrudes and doesn’t allow me ANY shoulder space. My leg space is also angled. Essentially, I’m sitting in a middle seat because of the protrusion doesn’t allow me to lean in any direction. Furthermore, it feels like the row where this happens is different on each plane. Today it was row 12. Sometimes, I get a Comfort seat with immobile armrests and or limited recline. None of these should be called “Comfort+” in my opinion. It is not comfortable at all. Any thoughts or advice on this?
Assume that was on A321? Row 12 middle and "window" seats are noticeably narrower than the other seats due to the emergency exit frame protruding into the cabin, so I avoid those.
Old Feb 3, 20, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by A321neo View Post
I agree here. SeatGuru seems notoriously unreliable, and also outdated.
True. If you have the time, scrolling through the "Featured User Comments" can be useful (as long as you make note of posting dates). Most commenters include the seat # at the top so you can look specifically for seats you're contemplating and ignore the rest. It's time consuming and of course you have to weigh what matters to you against what matters to other people. E.g., a Featured User Comment about 11D on the 739 "...And the seat sits in the middle of aisle so you get whacked with everyone’s backpack..." whereas SeatGuru touts the extra legroom due to the bulkhead not extending to that seat. The comments are not noticeable on mobile, you have to ask for desktop version and even then, at least in Safari on my iThings, they don't format properly so I go to my laptop when looking at unfamiliar seats/cabin/plane.
Old Feb 3, 20, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jackvogt View Post
Comfort+ was created to make elites feel like they are getting something special for free even though it is literally 92% marketing (I do realize there are seats where C+ is much more legroom).
100% this. I had a good chuckle recently after I sdc to first flight out and walked back to my empty exit row seat as comfort plus was packed liked sardines. Economy was only 50% full.
Old Feb 3, 20, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dalehill View Post
True. If you have the time, scrolling through the "Featured User Comments" can be useful (as long as you make note of posting dates). Most commenters include the seat # at the top so you can look specifically for seats you're contemplating and ignore the rest. It's time consuming and of course you have to weigh what matters to you against what matters to other people.
Fair point about the user comments supplementing the seat maps. I don't know if user submitted comments are automatically updated, but it seems that after SeatGuru was bought, they stopped reliably updating the color scheme on the maps themselves.
But also very fair point about weighing what matters to you vs. others. Here's one comment on 11A/F on the A320 (32K)
Seat 11A is a Comfort+ seat. Legroom was amazing, seat was very comfortable, and IFE was perfect. This was flight 1395 on N352NW. This seat has 2 windows, with one located by your head and one before the seat in front of you. This seat is located near the engine, just before the front of the wing, so engine sound is great too. If you are sitting in Comfort+, sit in 11A or across in 11F.

Whereas I think I posted upthread that the positioning of the window had my shoulder against the sidewall so it was not particularly comfortable. A smaller passenger probably wouldn't have noticed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: