Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyway to reinstate Expired Choice benefits?

Old Feb 1, 20, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus

My bad, Just realized that My 2019 Diamond benefits - 2 of them expired Yesterday. My fault. Any way Delta will consider to reinstate?
Old Feb 1, 20, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Love_Travel View Post
My bad, Just realized that My 2019 Diamond benefits - 2 of them expired Yesterday. My fault. Any way Delta will consider to reinstate?
Nope, this is why post the reminder thread each year.
Old Feb 1, 20, 11:14 am

You can call and ask but my guess is you get told no but it is worth calling and trying
Old Feb 1, 20, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
I know this gets asked each user. AFAIK no has always been the answer.
Old Feb 4, 20, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
I accidentally selected gifted status (which expired 1/31) and was able to get a rep through twitter direct message to swap it for 25k miles. YMMV but worth a try if phone reps won't do anything.
Old Feb 4, 20, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, SPG, National
I once successfully got them to go back in and make the choice for me. The agent had to escalate and it took some time but they did get it done.

I was honest and simply indicated I had been traveling (which they could see from itineraries) and forgot to complete the transaction. The agent actually said, "thank you for not lying and saying you made the choice when you didn't, so I'll try to help." I kind of appreciated that, but probably because they did me the solid and made it happen.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: