Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Medallion Members in DEN?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Any Medallion Members in DEN?

Currently live in a DL hub but moving to DEN soon. I know that DL is a small carrier in DEN with only going to 9 cities, but are there any Medallion members that live in DEN and exclusively fly DL? I have status on DL and think I will reach a higher tier with having to connect most places. It seems that connecting on DL is sometimes more reliable than UA/WN. Appreciate any insight from DL flyers in DEN.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:22 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveler_boy_25
Currently live in a DL hub but moving to DEN soon. I know that DL is a small carrier in DEN with only going to 9 cities, but are there any Medallion members that live in DEN and exclusively fly DL? I have status on DL and think I will reach a higher tier with having to connect most places. It seems that connecting on DL is sometimes more reliable than UA/WN. Appreciate any insight from DL flyers in DEN.
It depends on your destinations. I don't live in DEN but do go there on occasion. My home airport is a 1:20 non-stop from DEN on UA with 4-6 flights a day. It's a 4 hour+ trip on DL via SLC. If you are flying to areas in the west, UA is going to offer a lot of time savings on non-stops vs connections. That said, you're smart to consider reliability but be sure to factor in your anticipated number of trips to determine if the lower reliability of UA is worth the DL connections.

If you are primarily flying to DL cities with non-stop service then the above isn't as much a factor. In that case, I would choose DL over UA provided DL had departure times that fit your needs.

In any case, DEN is going to be a nice change for your wallet. Fares are generally quite a bit lower than other large airports, especially Delta hubs.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Nope, none at all. All DL, DEN passengers have no status, they block it.
indufan and hockeystl like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Depending on what hub city you currently live in, DL may be significantly overpriced, thus making the MQD requirement easier for fewer flights. DL is not a dominant carrier in DEN, as you mentioned. There's currently a lot of activity at DEN from WN and F9 which drives prices down and will therefore make it harder to meet your MQD.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gitismatt
Depending on what hub city you currently live in, DL may be significantly overpriced, thus making the MQD requirement easier for fewer flights. DL is not a dominant carrier in DEN, as you mentioned. There's currently a lot of activity at DEN from WN and F9 which drives prices down and will therefore make it harder to meet your MQD.
You know DL’s marketing department has won the game when they’ve managed to make some customers “upset” at lower airfares because that segment of customers is actually upset at the fact that they haven’t given DL enough money.
gooselee, CO-PLAT, stooge and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
You know DL’s marketing department has won the game when they’ve managed to make some customers “upset” at lower airfares because that segment of customers is actually upset at the fact that they haven’t given DL enough money.
the OP said that s/he thinks it will be easier to get status since s/he will have more connections than s/he has from his/her hub city. I was merely pointing out that living in a non-hub city may have cheaper flights and thus his/her assumption about easier status may not be accurate. nothing to infer about anyone being upset
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
I'm sure there are some flyers in DEN that have frequent business in ATL or DTW and fly mostly Delta. DL also flies to JFK but UA does not. Others might be long time Delta flyers who moved to DEN. There could be flyers that fly to small cities that United doesn't fly to non-stop, like Augusta, GA or Columbia, SC or Albany, NY. Or flyers that fly to places that both UA and DL fly only with a connection, such as CDG or HND.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:26 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
the OP said that s/he thinks it will be easier to get status since s/he will have more connections than s/he has from his/her hub city. I was merely pointing out that living in a non-hub city may have cheaper flights and thus his/her assumption about easier status may not be accurate. nothing to infer about anyone being upset
I could be wrong but I took this as a tongue in cheek comment.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
OP is only FO though. Putting $25k on a DL credit card will allow OP to earn the MQD waiver and "reach a higher tier" which could be GM or PM, assuming their MQMs go up as expected.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mattp1987
OP is only FO though. Putting $25k on a DL credit card will allow OP to earn the MQD waiver and "reach a higher tier" which could be GM or PM, assuming their MQMs go up as expected.
Yes exactly. I am not concerned about hitting the MQD either through the credit card waiver or spending the money on flights. Was just curious if others only fly DL living in DEN.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta PM, National Exec. Elite
I'm sure there are plenty. I lived in Ft. Collins several years ago and used DEN alot. It was my first time reaching status with Delta. I flew to the same 5-6 destinations almost Everytime I flew from there, and I found the Delta flights to work well for me. Even though they're not a hub... It's not hard to fly Delta from DEN.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I fly TO DEN a decent amount, and I've found that the experience is good, flight availability is pretty decent and the connection options are varied enough I can usually get east or west from there without too much of a headache. For me the value of DL over UA (service, Medallion benefits, Sky Club, IROP treatment, etc). all make it worth it to fly in and out of DEN on DL. I've found upgrades out of DEN are decent other than ATL, where the ATL Medallions take the list above me.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paterwdb
I fly TO DEN a decent amount, and I've found that the experience is good, flight availability is pretty decent and the connection options are varied enough I can usually get east or west from there without too much of a headache. For me the value of DL over UA (service, Medallion benefits, Sky Club, IROP treatment, etc). all make it worth it to fly in and out of DEN on DL. I've found upgrades out of DEN are decent other than ATL, where the ATL Medallions take the list above me.
Good to know. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.