Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Kauai to Seattle Red Eye in First: What to expect

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kauai to Seattle Red Eye in First: What to expect

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by david55
Is there any difference in the C/D side versus the A/B side First bulkhead? We are in the C/D side but noticed A/B is open. I tried to do research but could not find an answer. Seatguru says both sides suck.
a/b side has emergency equipment in the overhead bin, otherwise the seats and legroom are identical. Also C/D side is less likely to be affected by the galley lights. I always try to keep the curtain positioned so the light doesn’t bother the passengers there, but it’s generally futile during meal service as i constantly knock it open. I generally turn them off once meals are done, but some FAs keep them on to assist with staying awake during the red eye.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
I did the Lih-LAX red eye on the 21st and the selection was a Reuben sandwich. I’m pretty certain these flights are double catered out of the mainland as even after being heated up they were rock solid frozen in the center.

The first FA disappeared to the rear galley after the meal unless the pilots needed to use the restroom. Even then despite the fact that I was wide awake no attempt to offer service was made and they ignored my attempts to get there attention.
You are correct, LIH is round trip catered from LAX and SEA. KOA, OGG and HNL all have catering operations though.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:21 am

Double post.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Honestly, for a redeye, I liked what US Airways used to do on their Hawaii-PHX flights. After takeoff, it was a beverage service with a pass or two of the snack basket. Then, about 1 hour prior to landing, they would serve Breakfast (cereal, hot danish, and fruit).
hhdl likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:00 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Flyer0889
a/b side has emergency equipment in the overhead bin, otherwise the seats and legroom are identical. Also C/D side is less likely to be affected by the galley lights. I always try to keep the curtain positioned so the light doesn’t bother the passengers there, but it’s generally futile during meal service as i constantly knock it open. I generally turn them off once meals are done, but some FAs keep them on to assist with staying awake during the red eye.
Excellent. Thanks for the feedback. Most helpful.
Flyer0889 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:13 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

What to Expect: The unexpected

Postscript to the flight.

All was good, even great as an an announcement that the pilot has asked to load the passengers early so we could push back early for our scheduled 9:40 departure. I heard the last arriving FA say to the gate agent " Give us 3 minutes". I knew things were not quite right 15 minutes later when they closed the jet-way door. 30 minutes later the dreaded announcement. " The pilot has informed us the lavatories are not working. The next update will be in one hour. " And hour later....." Still not working. Waiting for the engineering department at the Delta maintenance facility ( where ever that may be) to send instructions to the mechanics here in Kauai". Another hour past. I really thought the flight was going to be canceled and began to look online at re- booking options. They finally got something working and boarded us at midnight to great cheers and relief 2.5 hours late......the FA on board said the pilots were pretty close to being " timed out...we were lucky" '. BTW...no ruben..... ham sandwich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.