Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to launch new seat design on A321NEO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to launch new seat design on A321NEO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
These seats look terrible for couples traveling together, especially with no way to remove the privacy divider.
And of course symmetric means the "wing" is between you and the window too. I think the "privacy" trend in premium cabins has jumped the shark at this point. Like yes, privacy can be nice, but I don't need to travel in an isolation chamber
ekozie and cmd320 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I had the same thought. I don't think they care about the couple on vacation who likely purchased cheap F or used miles to upgrade, though.
I also just realized that on the window seat side, the “privacy divider” blocks some of the windows. Most people who book a window seat want to look out the window, not to look at some privacy divider!
DenverBrian and DLASflyer like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by findark
And of course symmetric means the "wing" is between you and the window too. I think the "privacy" trend in premium cabins has jumped the shark at this point. Like yes, privacy can be nice, but I don't need to travel in an isolation chamber
Agreed. While I do like some privacy I also don’t want to sit in a coffin the whole time.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 12:17 pm

The only benefit I see from that privacy design on top, is that it will make it easier to put a pillow and keep it there to lean on; otherwise seems unnecessary, especially by the windows. Now you have to lean if you want to see out...ridiculous. The middle portion protruding at the bottom only adds more hassle to getting out the window seat imo. Couldn't they have found another way to add storage. Pitch looks like Comfort+
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Pitch looks like Comfort+

Watch them offer this at 34" pitch and try to market as an upgraded product.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
These seats look terrible for couples traveling together, especially with no way to remove the privacy divider.
And it looks great for solo travelers who shy away from small talk with their seat mate, like myself.
Daitheflu84 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mctaste
Nothing says first class like having your knees touch the seat in front of you. Delta continues to redefine “first class”!
I'm 6'6, and the only time my knees touch the seat in front of me is at 32" pitch or less.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
These look great to me. I'm super stoked about the memory foam, as it makes longer trips significantly more comfortable. These are essentially Premium Select seats and even 10-12 hour flights in those seats are more than manageable.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsagator
And it looks great for solo travelers who shy away from small talk with their seat mate, like myself.
I have no issue avoiding conversation with my seatmate without a divider.
findark likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:32 pm

I'm 6'6, and the only time my knees touch the seat in front of me is at 32" pitch or less.
Or having to grab the back of the seat in front of you to escape, always a classic First Class move.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Yes, knees touching is a bit melodramatic. That said, F seats are a bit thicker than Y seats, and so you lose at least an inch of effective pitch. So 36" is really 35" or so (just a bit more than C+). If both C+ and F recline, I'd say that right now the experience is about same because F reclines more than the C+ seat.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mctaste
Or having to grab the back of the seat in front of you to escape, always a classic First Class move.
Or having to make the aisle seat stand up, or having to climb over the armrests of the aisle seat to go to the lav on a night flight when the aisle passenger has passed out. Yes, all first class maneuvers.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I am not excited about these changes. It looks uncomfortable for those of us with large shoulders, who book FC for the extra space it affords. The pitch looks like C+ as someone else mentioned and a "bigger tray" doesn't matter to me. Looks like a tighter squeeze than the current seats getting to/from the window as well.

I agree with findark that the attempts to make public/commercial travel more "private" are getting pretty absurd. If you don't like talking to someone, you ignore them or say so, but now people flying with family or friends are having a harder time conversing.

Side note: Why did they flip the image horizontally? You can see when looking at the full size image that the "Welcome aboard" on the IFE screen is reversed.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
I still don't understand why DL is so opposed to footrests in F seats. They really make a difference on longer flights.
jdrtravel, cmd320 and mctaste like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I will take heavy duty "privacy" dividers every chance I can as they stop other passengers from encroaching.

For me, this concept is the biggest win in non premium seats there is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.