Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 29, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
The following two links are updated daily:

IATA international transit / arrival policies re: Wuhan 2019-nCoV

WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports

Other Discussions on FlyerTalk Pertaining to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, which is now also known as COVID-2019:
Print Wikipost

DL Corona Virus-COVID-19 / Operational Impact

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Travelomania
How about LHR, CDG and AMS ?
Not scheduled in May or June.
Old May 13, 2020, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by kjnangre
I suspect that they'll want to funnel traffic to Europe through their East Coast hubs. When the time comes, they'll want to build up JFK quickly to keep their market share gains. SEA looks like it's retaining quite a bit of Asia service especially next month (relatively speaking, of course - we don't live in normal times).
Old May 13, 2020, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by ab2013
I suspect that they'll want to funnel traffic to Europe through their East Coast hubs. When the time comes, they'll want to build up JFK quickly to keep their market share gains. SEA looks like it's retaining quite a bit of Asia service especially next month (relatively speaking, of course - we don't live in normal times).
My gut feeling is that we'll get one West Coast to Europe flight back in July (I'll go out on a limb and predict SEA-AMS with an A339). Currently yes, you have to go via East Coast
Old May 13, 2020, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

VS SEA-LHR is still showing and bookable as DL codeshare.
Old May 13, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
VS SEA-LHR is still showing and bookable as DL codeshare.
I expect that they'll take it off the schedule in the next week or 2. I can't see them running SEA-LHR 2x daily if DL won't even run SEA/MSP-AMS/CDG or MSP/JFK-LHR.

BA suspended SEA-LHR in June last week too, and BA dominates this route (AS hub @ SEA, BA hub @ LHR) - there's probably not enough demand to offer the route at all.

Last edited by ab2013; May 13, 2020 at 9:28 pm
Old May 13, 2020, 9:27 pm

My gut feeling is that we'll get one West Coast to Europe flight back in July (I'll go out on a limb and predict SEA-AMS with an A339). Currently yes, you have to go via East Coast
I'd expect MSP to get European service restored first, though I've gotten the impression that they've cut MSP back quite a bit more than I expected. (Example: 2x daily on SEA-MSP - really!?)
Old May 13, 2020, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by ab2013
I'd expect MSP to get European service restored first, though I've gotten the impression that they've cut MSP back quite a bit more than I expected. (Example: 2x daily on SEA-MSP - really!?)
Indeed the population centers on the west coast have limited service to MSP. I'm sticking with SEA. But hopefully we'll get both
Old May 13, 2020, 9:36 pm

Seeing this the past week with a handful of searches for later this month into late June -- DAL back to its pre-COVID pricing vs everyone else, charging a large premium. So far I've said no thanks due to lack of any upgrades and bottled water service only. Nowhere close to paying the standard Delta pricing "premium" if you're going to get equal or better service in coach on a competitor for, in some cases, several hundred dollars less.

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
As I said, June is proof that Delta has found a way to suspend service without actually suspending service.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
A fascinating look at DEN-BOS round trip in June, the week after Memorial Day:

Southwest, nonstop, $200.
JetBlue, nonstop, $250.
AA, with connection, $276.
UA, with connection, $1081.
DL, no flights available.
I'm more surprised that B6 can maintain a nonstop frequency, but UA can't.
Old May 13, 2020, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I'm more surprised that B6 can maintain a nonstop frequency, but UA can't.
There probably isn't enough demand for any airline to maintain any route at all. But they are required to provide a minimum service to the cities in their network.
koreanair720 and ethernal like this.
Old May 14, 2020, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Airports are getting busy again.....the pics I recently saw from CLT made it look totally normal.
Old May 14, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Airports are getting busy again.....the pics I recently saw from CLT made it look totally normal.
Busy is relative. Air traffic is still 10% of what it normally is. CLT may be a bit higher than that given the Southeast is a little less restrictive holistically than a lot of other US population centers.

If CLT is like most other terminals, entire banks of gates / concourses / terminals have been closed down leaving the remaining open part look busier than it "really" is. CLT is also a heavily banked hub - even if now AA only runs 2 meaningful banks a day instead of 6-7 - but I bet it is busy during those major banks.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Internal communique this morning that entire 777 fleet will be retired by YE2020.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EWR764
Internal communique this morning that entire 777 fleet will be retired by YE2020.
...How will they fly to JNB and SYD?
Old May 14, 2020, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
...How will they fly to JNB and SYD?
Thought only the 77L can fly ATL-JNB. That route is supposed to be a goldmine. (During normal times)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.