Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A Job Well Done (JWD) Certificates: Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,

I never seem to have them with me when I am flying (they are always in the other carry-on), so where can we mail them after the fact so that the employees will get credit? The letter that came with them mentions employees that we would not ordinarily come into physical contact with... a res agent, a baggage handler etc. So there must be a way to mail these without them getting lost!
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
My Delta Rewards coupons

Wife and I each had 3 coupons for total 4500 miles, gave them out months ago but have not seen a credit yet, anyone else use them and have you been credited?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:14 pm

my delta rewards points are for delta employees. you give them out when you've experienced exceptional service. excerpt from certificate...

"got to the employee info section on DELTANET, select rewards program and click on "job well done" to enter certificate information."
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
correct, we gave out a total of 6 "job well done" coupons, each giving 1500 miles, what I am wondering is when will we get credit for miles? Has anyone else received their credits? We gave them to different employees for a job well done and they log-in our skymiles # on the certificate, I'm just wondering what others have experienced.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't get credit. The employee you give them to gets credit.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:04 pm

Why the hell would you get miles when an employee goes above and beyond??

Anyways, MyDeltaRewards is yet another connection-carrier-excluding program where Delta employees can collect MDR points for a number of things and redeem them for merchandise and whatnot.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
The certificates do not award "miles", they are for MDR points. According to a CRC agent to whom I gave one, the MDR program lets them redeem these points for low-value merchandise such as apparel and corporate swag. She actually liked the program because it let her take care of Xmas presents for distant relatives and friends.
fsuj25 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 7:42 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by skoker
How about browny points? Whenever I give them out, GAs and TAs don't really care. Now I just give it to the Agent I see the most and who recognizes my name.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by skchin
How about browny points? Whenever I give them out, GAs and TAs don't really care. Now I just give it to the Agent I see the most and who recognizes my name.
What's a "TA"? Terminal Agent?

I gave one to a counter agent, one to a SkyClub employee, and one to a flight attendant. All three were very thankful and seemed genuinely to care about the program.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Jazzop
The certificates do not award "miles", they are for MDR points. According to a CRC agent to whom I gave one, the MDR program lets them redeem these points for low-value merchandise such as apparel and corporate swag.
Or not so low value--you can buy Rolex and Tag watches through MDR and I bought a Snap On (read: very expensive) torque wrench through MDR.

And the program is not free: employees get deductions from their paycheck for implied value tax purposes--IIRC, about once a quarter depending on how much merchandise an employee redeems.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Evan!
What's a "TA"? Terminal Agent?

I gave one to a counter agent, one to a SkyClub employee, and one to a flight attendant. All three were very thankful and seemed genuinely to care about the program.
TA = Ticket Agent. I got really good responses too when I handed them out. I gave 2 to a Gate Agent on a DTW-LHR flight and asked if there was any chance of an op-up... I got it! Bribery was not my intention as I had observed this GA being REALLY nice to an older couple (that is unfortunately not the norm nowadays) but it was a great outcome.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by avidflyer
TA = Ticket Agent.
Talk about brain f@rt. Don't know why I couldn't figure that out myself. Need more coffee.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Evan!
Talk about brain f@rt. Don't know why I couldn't figure that out myself. Need more coffee.
Not at all. Different forums use different acronyms CA = Counter Agent/Check in Agent etc. I am going to get me a Starbucks right now ..
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Originally Posted by skoker

Anyways, MyDeltaRewards is yet another connection-carrier-excluding program where Delta employees can collect MDR points for a number of things and redeem them for merchandise and whatnot.
I have to admit, I got quite a chuckle out of this.

"Here you go...you did a great job. Now, give me some miles."

On another note, how to WE get ahold of these certs? I would gladly trade in some of my worthless miles to get some certs to brighten the day of an agent or two.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by ocdb8r
On another note, how to WE get ahold of these certs? I would gladly trade in some of my worthless miles to get some certs to brighten the day of an agent or two.
They were only mailed to Plats as far as I know. But your suggestion is a good one for DL management to consider in the future.

The folks I gave mine to seemed very pleased. Does anyone know approximately what they are worth -- i.e. for a 1500 point certificate, can the employee redeem it for a DL ballpoint pen? Or do they have to collect a few of them before they can redeem them for anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.