Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lyft | Delta Skymiles metal luggage tag

Old Jan 21, 20, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP

While it's of no or little consequence out in the real world, we here at FT spend inordinate amounts of time discussing tags -- like brag tags and medallion tags and million miler tags. And we talk endlessly about whether or not we get them or deserve them or use them or poo poo them.

So, I have not seen mention here of the Lyft | Delta Skymiles metal luggage tag, which I saw for the first time at LAS last week at the Sky Priority desk whilst checking in my bag (I was three hours early). It's shiny, it's real metal (feels like aluminum), it has a place to put your business card or other paper, and it's a little bit cool. The attachment is a vinyl strap made to look like leather, if I were to use it, I would just use a braided metal wire loop.

MrFlyRite likes this.
Old Feb 5, 20, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold; IHG Spire
I called the DL Skymiles number and they said they had no info about these tags.
(Funny I came across this post, after posting about wanting the Skymiles luggage tags to be metal at another thread).
Old Feb 6, 20, 10:11 am

How does one obtain these tags?
Old Feb 6, 20, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by daloosh View Post
... it has a place to put your business card or other paper...
Why can't the Medallion brag tags do the same?!? Even if it was still plastic I would use my brag tag if it doubled as as luggage tag.
Old Feb 6, 20, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Why can't the Medallion brag tags do the same?!? Even if it was still plastic I would use my brag tag if it doubled as as luggage tag.
I just started flying again for work a few months ago and made FO in 2019. When the tags arrived i put one on my briefcase and didnt really look at it. I assumed it was like the WN tags that had your name on them and was using it as a name tag. I just noticed a week or so ago it was black. Cmon Delta....

I may just write my name and phone number on there for now.
Old Feb 7, 20, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChemGuy View Post
I just started flying again for work a few months ago and made FO in 2019. When the tags arrived i put one on my briefcase and didnt really look at it. I assumed it was like the WN tags that had your name on them and was using it as a name tag. I just noticed a week or so ago it was black. Cmon Delta....

I may just write my name and phone number on there for now.
Congrats on Silver! Delta used to put your Skymiles number on the tags, and I would put them on my suitcases. Then they stopped personalizing them, so I just print my Skymiles number and barcode and tape it onto the tag anyways, then use a steel braided cable (and crazy glue) to attach it to the handle. Like so:
Old Feb 7, 20, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Is there an issue with the pictures for everybody or can the pictures be reposted?
Old Feb 7, 20, 3:44 pm

Perhaps the person was an employee with Lyft? Delta recently provided employees (including myself) at the company that I work for with custom luggage tags. It is a pretty thick piece of metal and has our names, addresses and the logo of my company and DL. It looks pretty good actually!
Old Feb 7, 20, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
Is there an issue with the pictures for everybody or can the pictures be reposted?
I dunno what happened to the pictures I posted, but here they are again:

Old Feb 7, 20, 4:30 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PLT
It seems that it's an embedding issue of some kind, since right-clicking on the blue question mark and clicking "Open in New Tab" gets me the picture.
Old Feb 7, 20, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Money/cost.
Old Feb 7, 20, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by daloosh View Post
Congrats on Silver! Delta used to put your Skymiles number on the tags, and I would put them on my suitcases. Then they stopped personalizing them, so I just print my Skymiles number and barcode and tape it onto the tag anyways, then use a steel braided cable (and crazy glue) to attach it to the handle. Like so:
The plastic tag would still easily rip off... you should encase the tag in a metal jacket. You can get those from Amazon/ Ebay.
daloosh likes this.
Old Feb 8, 20, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
The plastic tag would still easily rip off... you should encase the tag in a metal jacket. You can get those from Amazon/ Ebay.
You learn of new cool things that you don't need every day! I felt like that at CES -- ooh cool, but where would I put that -- every minute. I see them at Amazon, they aren't expensive, either. Thanks for the headsup. I've been doing this for quite a few years, and have had only one or two mangled up.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: