Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta took my assigned first class seats away and did not reassign the seats

Delta took my assigned first class seats away and did not reassign the seats

Old Jan 20, 20, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Priority Club Plat, HH Silver, Marriott, Hertz President's Circle, WN Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by dlffla View Post
Not the end of the world but it is precisely because so much time is spent apart because of work, etc. that a couple would want to sit together when they fly someplace on vacation. My husband died suddenly a few years ago and I am grateful for every moment we had together, including seated together on flights.
Old Jan 20, 20, 6:21 pm

Last week I flew solo in D1 JFK-LAS. I checked in the day before and printed my boarding pass for 1C in a 757-200. I didn't board in Zone 1 but later in the Zone boarding but not late. The agent already gave my seat away saying I never checked in. I said no that I did check in the day before and printed my boarding pass and I also checked in at the Sky Priority desk to check my bag.

It took the gate agent about 15 minutes to re-shuffle the D1 cabin and the best she could do was give me 1A instead of the 1C on the aisle. When I boarded, there was someone already sitting in 1A and D1 was full. They made the guy in 1C (my original seat) move to the main cabin.

The gate agent said this sometimes happens usually when checking in online. Has a similar issue happened to anyone when checking in online? This has never happened to me before.

At least I got my original assigned seat.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's good that you had the printed boarding pass as proof that you did OLCI, although it *should* be hard to check a bag without checking in for the flight.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 20, 20, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP G, DL PL
Originally Posted by sspontak View Post
Last week I flew solo in D1 JFK-LAS. I checked in the day before and printed my boarding pass for 1C in a 757-200. I didn't board in Zone 1 but later in the Zone boarding but not late. The agent already gave my seat away saying I never checked in. I said no that I did check in the day before and printed my boarding pass and I also checked in at the Sky Priority desk to check my bag.

It took the gate agent about 15 minutes to re-shuffle the D1 cabin and the best she could do was give me 1A instead of the 1C on the aisle. When I boarded, there was someone already sitting in 1A and D1 was full. They made the guy in 1C (my original seat) move to the main cabin.

The gate agent said this sometimes happens usually when checking in online. Has a similar issue happened to anyone when checking in online? This has never happened to me before.

sounds like a bad excuse from JFK gate agent...
ijgordon, formeraa and strickerj like this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 2:02 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
First there is the JFK incursion, then they dump jet fuel on children, then they skid off the runaway at KCI, and now they take away the OP's seats...When will this stop? Best US airline my a$&.
Yeah but have you seen how much worse the others are?
Old Jan 21, 20, 2:03 pm

I dont see any other explanation for this besides a non-rev hoping you wouldnt show.
Old Jan 21, 20, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck View Post
Which is complete and total crap when they change you extra to select a seat.
Well, you are due a refund on the seat charge in that case (if they can't put you in a comparable seat).
Old Jan 21, 20, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
OP, that sucks, but it is the breaks. You do have the week to try to reshuffle your seats, depending on what's available.

Originally Posted by dlffla View Post
Not the end of the world but it is precisely because so much time is spent apart because of work, etc. that a couple would want to sit together when they fly someplace on vacation. My husband died suddenly a few years ago and I am grateful for every moment we had together, including seated together on flights.
I am very sorry for your loss.
The agent already gave my seat away saying I never checked in. I said no that I did check in the day before and printed my boarding pass and I also checked in at the Sky Priority desk to check my bag.

This sounds like shenanigans to me. At least you got your seat back in the end.
Originally Posted by strickerj View Post
Yeah but have you seen how much worse the others are?
Sad, isn't it?
Old Jan 21, 20, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
Did DL send you an email when the "schedule" changed? A flight number change should trigger a notification that your reservation has been changed. If so, you should have been alerted to go onto delta.com (or the app) and check that everything was still in order.

If DL didn't communicate the change then shame on them.

-RM
Old Jan 21, 20, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL 360, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by strickerj View Post
I dont see any other explanation for this besides a non-rev hoping you wouldnt show.
You must have a pretty narrow world-view.

All sorts of possible explanations, especially with DLs funky IT
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by A321neo View Post
You must have a pretty narrow world-view.

All sorts of possible explanations, especially with DLs funky IT
Any specific suggestions or just felt like insulting me?

Search this Thread