MQM Determination "Dispute"

Old Jan 16, 20, 6:48 am
Original Poster

MQM Determination "Dispute"

My apologies if this sort of issue has been discussed elsewhere. We recently altered a flight itinerary by changing the routing and the dates from the original PSP-SLC-PDX-ATL-FLL to a simpler LAX-MSP-FLL routing. In order to accomplish this I called reservations, paid the change fees and the difference in fares and flew the segments as changed. The resulting segments were in First (as were the originals).

Thank

The fact that we flew the changed segments appeared on the Delta website the same day with a notation that the MQM credits were "pending" and should process fully "within 24 hours."

At the 24-hour mark a new status indicator appeared saying the segments did not qualify for mileage credit.

I used the website to send an enquiry and got the automated response that the enquiry might take as long as ten days to be dealt with.

My question: should I do anything else or simply wait? Should I have done something different?

Thanks very much
Old Jan 16, 20, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm a bit confused by your post, but you're entitled to MQMs for the flights that were actually flown after a voluntary change. For most FC fares that would be 150% although if some segments were changed to FULL J you should of course see 200% for those segments.

Unless it was an IROPs situation or some other involuntary change, you can't claim ORC.
Old Jan 16, 20, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. The changes had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any sort of irregular operation, etc. They were made simply because we decided to skip the entire Salt Lake/Portland segment and fly home from LAX several days ahead of time.
Old Jan 16, 20, 8:25 am
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bootman4U View Post
Thanks for your reply. The changes had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any sort of irregular operation, etc. They were made simply because we decided to skip the entire Salt Lake/Portland segment and fly home from LAX several days ahead of time.
And to be clear, the LAX-MSP-FLL mileage hasn't posted?

I think your approach is the right one. You could try using the missing mileage request form and enter your new ticket number to request mileage.
Old Jan 16, 20, 8:30 am
Original Poster

No, the mileage has not posted and the notation that the segments are not eligible for credit remains. I think I'll wait and see what delta says in response and go from there.
Old Jan 16, 20, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
What are the flights numbers you were booked on and what fare class? I know you say fare difference, but was this a cash ticket, award, or a cash and miles booking.
Old Jan 16, 20, 10:29 am

Even PWM and BE earn full MQMs.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Probably will post soon. I have experience where the changed segments took almost a week to post.
Old Jan 16, 20, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM
Give it a little over a week, then send DL a DM on Twitter. Had the same thing happen about a year ago. I’ve found the Twitter agents can manually raise the issue with the Skymiles Desk, whereas online mileage requests tend to get sent to a black hole. I’ve had tickets say “not eligible for mileage credit” after changes where they definitely were.
Old Jan 16, 20, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the additional comments which were for the most part helpful. I do not understand what the flight numbers have to do with this and the class was FIRST and as I have stated previously, I paid a change fee and the fare difference. That all came to over $1800.00 for two passengers.
Old Jan 17, 20, 4:46 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle View Post
Even PWM and BE earn full MQMs.
What if it was miles plus cash, those do not, correct?
Old Jan 17, 20, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by bloc0102 View Post
What if it was miles plus cash, those do not, correct?
Treated like a SM award ticket. No MQMs or MQDs.
Old Jan 17, 20, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bootman4U View Post
Thanks for all the additional comments which were for the most part helpful. I do not understand what the flight numbers have to do with this and the class was FIRST and as I have stated previously, I paid a change fee and the fare difference. That all came to over $1800.00 for two passengers.
The flight numbers are what determine what set of rules you earn under. Ie DL9960 earns as DL although operated by KL592. If you book KL592it earns as KL.

If you tell us the flight numbers we can determine if you should or shouldn't earn. Also we now you were in F. Were asking what the booking fare class was. Ie Z, J, C, D,I,O, etc.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 17, 20, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
The flight numbers are what determine what set of rules you earn under. Ie DL9960 earns as DL although operated by KL592. If you book KL592it earns as KL.
I know that one can earn miles flying on Korean Airlines when booking under DL code share flight.

I searched but all posting come back to the advise of booking under DL flight numbers and details on the multiplying factors for calculating the mileage earnings based on fare code bought.

My question is if you book a Korean Airlines flight as KL, is there any way to add one’s DL Skymiles number and earn miles (RDM and/or MQM)? Take the ATL-ICN flight operated by Korean Airlines 36 as an example. Any DL earnings if you don’t book under a DL code share?
Old Jan 17, 20, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You earn DL miles providing that the flight is BOTH marketed and operated by a SkyTeam member. So KE under a KL flight number is fine, although KLM earning rules would apply IIRC, just in case they're different. Look carefully if you're buying IFC as KE offers it but KLM doesn't.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: