FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   rebook Delta One to China Eastern business-higher MQDs? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/2004620-rebook-delta-one-china-eastern-business-higher-mqds.html)

anbhc Jan 16, 2020 6:19 am

rebook Delta One to China Eastern business-higher MQDs?

Currently booked today one way SJC-SEA-PVG for $276 and used GUC to upgrade to Delta One. SEA-PVG is delayed.

Alternate flights is nonstop SFO-PVG in business on China Eastern

If I chose this will I get higher MQDs for flying partner airline based on distance or original Delta MQDs since they know how much I paid for the ticket?

flyerCO Jan 16, 2020 6:29 am

Originally Posted by anbhc (Post 31957287)
Currently booked today one way SJC-SEA-PVG for $276 and used GUC to upgrade to Delta One. SEA-PVG is delayed.

Alternate flights is nonstop SFO-PVG in business on China Eastern

If I chose this will I get higher MQDs for flying partner airline based on distance or original Delta MQDs since they know how much I paid for the ticket?

It depends if it use the MU or DL codeshare number.

anbhc Jan 16, 2020 6:34 am

This
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e5c44c2560.png
12:00 PM SFO ** Alternative flight contains a different departure city from your original itinerary 5:35 PM PVG Nonstop ** Alternative flight contains a different number of stops from your original itinerary Jan 17, 2020 - Jan 18, 2020 ** Alternative flight contains a different departure or arrival date from your original itinerary 13 hrs 35 mins MU 590 to Pu Dong (PVG) Boeing 777-300 In-Flight Services Business ** Alternative flight contains a different cabin from your original itinerary
s what is shown

flyerCO Jan 16, 2020 6:36 am

Originally Posted by anbhc (Post 31957346)
This
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e5c44c2560.png
12:00 PM SFO ** Alternative flight contains a different departure city from your original itinerary 5:35 PM PVG Nonstop ** Alternative flight contains a different number of stops from your original itinerary Jan 17, 2020 - Jan 18, 2020 ** Alternative flight contains a different departure or arrival date from your original itinerary 13 hrs 35 mins MU 590 to Pu Dong (PVG) Boeing 777-300 In-Flight Services Business ** Alternative flight contains a different cabin from your original itinerary
s what is shown

You'll earn based on distance and not $ for that flight.

Billy Mumphrey Jan 16, 2020 7:00 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31957356)
You'll earn based on distance and not $ for that flight.

Yeah, I would be all over that. You paid for a coach fare and you'll get MQDs based on 40% of the distance flown. Just make sure it actually books into business.

danielvdm Jan 16, 2020 7:27 am

If this works out, ~$2460 MQD for a $276 ticket + a GUC would be a nice outcome for you!

anbhc Jan 16, 2020 7:55 am

Delta Twitter: Unfortunately, please kindly note the Global certificates only apply to Delta operated flights, so it would not be eligible on the MU flight

Duke787 Jan 16, 2020 8:10 am

Originally Posted by anbhc (Post 31957620)
Delta Twitter: Unfortunately, please kindly note the Global certificates only apply to Delta operated flights, so it would not be eligible on the MU flight

DL Twitter is technically correct but if the IRROPs booking engine will place you into MU J, there's no GUC to apply. It appears to be treating you as a displaced J passenger (which is appropriate since your GUC has already cleared). No different than approaching the counter if the flight was canceled or delayed and having them move you to MU but honoring the GUC cleared instead of downgrading you.

Just make certain that when you click through it is actually booking you into Business since it has major caveats about being a different class of service (presumably being flagged since the system sees "Business" as a different parameter than "Delta One")

flyerCO Jan 16, 2020 9:19 am

Originally Posted by anbhc (Post 31957620)

Dont call, use the rebooking tool. If you had done that you'd been rebooked in seconds. I'm not sure why some are scared of using it. DL provides it for this very reason. It's also programmed to follow actual policy, not what agent "knows" to be correct.

Also they're incorrect when it comes to IRROPS.

anbhc Jan 16, 2020 2:43 pm

Came up with an error when I tried to rebook into the MU 590 flight, so thats why I tweeted

mot29 Jan 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by anbhc (Post 31959269)
Came up with an error when I tried to rebook into the MU 590 flight, so thats why I tweeted

Likely coded with the GUC fare code (OU or something like that) and not J.
The reason you wouldn't have earned the MQM D1 bonus had you flown DL.
Before the days of auto-rebooking, an agent might have been able to force it through the way VDBs into FC often got recoded as F.

Duke787 Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by anbhc (Post 31959269)

Call and play dumb. It’s an option showing up on DL.com can you help be rebook into it blah blah blah