Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Saga, but great KLM handling.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
AMS Saga, but great KLM handling.

I am flying JNB-AMS-IAH (or was). Arrived AMS yesterday and had to spend 23.5 hours as IAH flight takes off before JNB lands. Upon arrival despite having requested a wheelchair, none was there. They got me one after 30 minutes of waiting. Crew was not happy has they cant leave plane with a passenger still on. (Note it was correctly requested and showed in KLM system)

I booked at the Hilton since the wheelchair will take you there, plus pick you up. (Its part of the airport is why) Agent who pushed called and confirmed they would be there at 8am to pickup. No one ever came! Hotel called multiple times, they finally called KLM, and no one could get someone to me.

In the end since I wasnt going to be in IAH today, asked to be rebooked to SAT. The only option to get me out today was AM via MEX. I first called DL who didnt want to book me in J. (I had used a SWU) Finaly got one that did, but then DL ticketing refused to ticket. I finally went to KLM.. Thwy rebooked me in J with no issue and were quite baffled why DL insisted I had to be booked back in Y. As they explained both KL and DL have same policy. In IRROPS (and schedule change) you get rebooked cabin to cabin, regardless of if same fare class available. They were truly upset as it would mean paying downgrade compensation. (While airport hires/controls wheelchair service in EU, the airline is still responsible for getting you between flights. No carrot/no stick leads to these situations where service just doesn't care if you make it or miss it)

Bottom line KL helpdesk (which I normally avoid) was much better than DL Diamond service.

BTW they gave me a 50% discount at Blue, the new "paid premium" restaurant in KLM lounge. The food tastes great. However I would never have paid full price for what was on offer. In some respects the free buffet in lounge was just as good. They do have a 15% off offer through March. You have to ask for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.